Good choices on a .32 pocket pistol???

I went out tonight with my friend and his friend, trying smaller .380's

shot the kahr .380 and the sig 238, triggerguard slap to my index finger on the kahr was painful!

Sig 238 an easy shooter, but im not accustomed to 1911 manual of arms , and idk if i could use it without thinking, since im a glock person. right now its my last resort purchase...

so i want to test out some good .32 light recoiling pocket pistols, i take speed / accuracy over bullet ,

with that in mind what are good options , I was thinking maybe Beretta Bobcat in .32 or a Keltec .32? anyone have those i could try ? or know a place that has them to try out?

I hear a locked breach like the keltec .32 will be lighter recoiling than say a seecamp. blowback. ?
any other good .32 options?

I have a Kel-Tec 32. It fits the bill for what you are looking for. Accuracy isn't great - but I can't imagine shooting it at any distance over 20' or so.

Just remember that .380 ACP, even as anemic as it is, is still way more powerful than a .32. Those guns are not supposed to be pleasant to fire.

The Seecamps are really nice guns, if you can tolerate the absurd manual of arms, and the fact that they don't eat anything but the most expensive ammunition. (FMJs are too long to fit in the magazine).

-Mike

Just remember that .380 ACP, even as anemic as it is, is still way more powerful than a .32. Those guns are not supposed to be pleasant to fire.

The Seecamps are really nice guns, if you can tolerate the absurd manual of arms, and the fact that they don't eat anything but the most expensive ammunition. (FMJs are too long to fit in the magazine).

-Mike

WWB Q4255 works in the seecamp. Kicks like a mule though. And the manual of arms isn't THAT bad. Drop mag slightly, eject round, remove mag. I will cure you of the seecamp hate yet!

I hear a locked breach like the keltec .32 will be lighter recoiling than say a seecamp. blowback. ?
any other good .32 options?

Seecamps are "ring delayed blowback". There's a recess cut in the chamber that the case expands into, when the pressure subsides, the case relaxes and can extract.

I agree the P32 probably fits the bill for you, if you can find one. I picked the seecamp because I wanted one. I liked the quality, and the size (still the smallest .32). But at $4-450ish used, they are still pricey.

See if you can find a NAA .32 Guardian. They are very small, well made, pretty accurate and reliable. I dont think mine recoils bad at all and it is a great pocket gun. They are not too common though.

I have a Kel-Tec 32. It fits the bill for what you are looking for. Accuracy isn't great - but I can't imagine shooting it at any distance over 20' or so.

im definitly looking at the keltec .32 i like that it is a newer locked breach, and also they have 10 rd backup magazines.

all i need to do is shoot one.

my friend has the .380 version which im going to try.

kevin if you have some free time id like to come up there and try out your P32.

These were my thoughts (see link) when i was looking at 380s. actually, although i bought a sig 380, looking back i wish i bought a small 9mm. you then end up with a small gun that can double as a back up if you carry 9mm. i just never feel prepared carrying that little thing.

he is (obviously) the little guy at the bottom

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...Ruger-LCP-vs-Sig-P238-range-report?highlight=

IMG_3321.jpg

If your gonna step down to a .32, might as well throw some .22 and .25's into the search. There is alot more of those available in a pocket pistol.....Including my Baretta 950B .25 acp that I would consider selling!

Queen Bee:2353580 said:

im definitly looking at the keltec .32 i like that it is a newer locked breach, and also they have 10 rd backup magazines.

all i need to do is shoot one.

my friend has the .380 version which im going to try.

kevin if you have some free time id like to come up there and try out your P32.

Sure. I'm not a member at any range, so we can meet at MFLR or you can coordinate with someone to host us at a range. I'm off work on Thursdays and Fridays, so those days work best for me.

I have a Seecamp 32 and it shoots fine. I dont like how there are no sights though.

There are no sights because it's for up close use 7 yards or less is what it is designed for.

It's not a target gun, it's a belly gun.

Check out the Seecamp forum, Larry Seecamp has a faithful following and he stands behind his products.

See if you can find a NAA .32 Guardian. They are very small, well made, pretty accurate and reliable. I dont think mine recoils bad at all and it is a great pocket gun. They are not too common though.

I had a NAA Guardian .32. They are well made and will digest any .32acp. I got rid of it only to fund other guns, and because the LCP that I had purchased took over the role of a tiny auto that I might have a need for.

Why would anyone carry a .38? That's an actual question not and indictment.

.32 you meant right? I personally wouldn't carry one anymore after finding the LCP, but if you can find a BUG that's comfortable to shoot and you like it, and it just happens to be in .32acp, why not?

I've also shot the Manhurin, and while it isn't a sub-compact like the Kahr, it's worth a look.

Also, not to hijack the thread, if anyone has a line on a Ruger LCP, PM me please!

We now return you to your life, already in progress...

Why would anyone carry a .38? That's an actual question not and indictment.

Serious answer. Two assumptions - for .380s and .32s you are looking at roughly the same size pistol. "Above" that, the smallest, most concealable thing you are likely to find is a single-stack 9 (cue the snubby fans - can we agree that on average, a snubby isn't going to be any more concealable than a single stack 9? Results will of course vary for body type and personal preference). Let us assume Rugers since that's what I have pictures of. [grin]

This is a LCP next to an LC9.

P1100081.jpg

P1100080.jpg

P1100079.jpg

In the hand comparison:

P1100082.jpg

P1100083.jpg

If you are a big guy and can dress however you want, then that difference may mean nothing to you. If your wardrobe is limited due to work requirements or special events, or you are female, especially a petite female, that difference can be a big freaking deal. Going down to the .380/.32, for a significant number of people, can mean you can wear "normal" clothes and that you will actually put the gun on and take it with you because CC isn't requiring you to wear a whole new wardrobe, or causing you discomfort, or risking obvious printing. Not everyone who carries is a gunnie, and not everyone who carries is willing to significantly rearrange their life and invest hundreds if not thousands of dollars to accommodate their CCW.

Why .32 vs. .380? The .32's I've shot have been very nice, "polite" shooters. Even with hot Corbon loads, they were very controllable and comfortable to shoot. I have switched over to a Keltec .380, and holy cow does the trigger guard bite my trigger finger on recoil! Ouch! I will deal with it and learn to improve my grip, but if I was a casual shooter, that would be enough to turn me off.

I love my 1903 (made in 1911). It shoots beautifully and is a fun range plinker. Sadly, the finish is nowhere near as nice as yours.

This isn't mine, it's a pic I found on Google.
I have one, a Type II made in 1910.
It's nice, but not quite as nice as this one.
The wooden grips in this photo make a big difference, mine are just the stock plastic.

Back
Top Bottom