• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Good Archery shop?

I'm in southern New Hampshire and would like to pick up a bow. I'm left-handed, so I need a well-stocked shop. What is the best-stocked shop in the area? I'm interested in trying a Hoyt Faktor, Mathews Z7 Xtreme, and a few other brands.

Last edited:
Tepee archery in Acton Massachusetts - even if it isn't near you it is worth the drive. Small shop with a great selection of Hoyts and they have an indoor range for you to test shoot. Speak with Brian Visco - he is extremely knowledgable and I think makes his own bow strings (Viscosity Bow Strings)

Tepee archery in Acton Massachusetts - even if it isn't near you it is worth the drive. Small shop with a great selection of Hoyts and they have an indoor range for you to test shoot. Speak with Brian Visco - he is extremely knowledgable and I think makes his own bow strings (Viscosity Bow Strings)
+1 for Tepee.
We have Hoyts, Mathews, and now Elites (Brian is shooting for them now). Come stop in and see the deals!

Aloha

Kittery has some good guys. A few Mathews certified guys work there as a matter of fact. I'd call first to make sure they are there before going. They also have a few guys who aren't as good. They set up my Mathews years ago, still dead on.

Another plus for Teepee the set myself, wife and daughter all up. It generally busy on Saturday afternoons so keep that in mind if you go!

Another plus for Teepee the set myself, wife and daughter all up. It generally busy on Saturday afternoons so keep that in mind if you go!

I recommend coming in about noon on Saturdays. Pro shop opens at 11:00, but the range doesn't open till 12:45 (unless my JOAD class is small and I can open a lane or two for the Pro staff to do setups).

Aloha

Brians Archery in Barrington. Excellent store and range, great folks, impressive shop. Also has a video shoot. Its like shooting at a movie playing wildlife of your choice, and it scores you to let you know where you hit ect.....use all your own gear, just use special tips in place of your feild points or broad-heads. Super fun time, open pretty late too!

I'm in southern New Hampshire and would like to pick up a bow. I'm left-handed, so I need a well-stocked shop. What is the best-stocked ship in the area? I'm interested in trying a Hoyt Faktor, Mathews Z7 Xtreme, and a few other brands.

In southern NH I recommend Pelletiers Sport Shop in Jafferey. Good shop with lots of archery equipment and you can shoot the bows too.

+1 for Tepee.
We have Hoyts, Mathews, and now Elites (Brian is shooting for them now). Come stop in and see the deals!

Aloha

Hmm. I drive from Hopkinton to Pelham every day, so I ride right by there.

Do you have lefty bows to try? I'm most interested in Hoyt and Mathews.

Brians Archery in Barrington. Excellent store and range, great folks, impressive shop. Also has a video shoot. Its like shooting at a movie playing wildlife of your choice, and it scores you to let you know where you hit ect.....use all your own gear, just use special tips in place of your feild points or broad-heads. Super fun time, open pretty late too!

I was looking at Brian's, but they are more than an hour away. I was hoping for a shop that was convenient. While I'm well-versed in firearms, I'm relatively new to archery. I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions, so I wanted to buy from somewhere it will be easier to "stop by".

Last edited:
Hmm. I drive from Hopkinton to Pelham every day, so I ride right by there.

Do you have lefty bows to try? I'm most interested in Hoyt and Mathews.

There are a good number of left handed bows available. Are you right or left eye dominate? That determines which bow you need, not hand. About 40% of my students (incl my son) are cross eye dominate. Usually, right handed but left eye dominate. My wife and both kids are this way.

Aloha

There are a good number of left handed bows available. Are you right or left eye dominate? That determines which bow you need, not hand. About 40% of my students (incl my son) are cross eye dominate. Usually, right handed but left eye dominate. My wife and both kids are this way.

Aloha

Left eye dominate.

Just checking. You'd be amazed how many people we have come in and argue with us...

We can definitely take care of you...

Aloha

Do you have any anything for my 7 year old son?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

I'm sure we can find something to fit him. He won't be able to shoot on the range (insurance requires kids to be 9 years old. Pisses my daughter off too). But we can get him fitted and outfitted. Our outdoor targets are on special right now.

Aloha.

Another vote for teepee !! Brian fixed up a bow I bought used from someone and now that thing shoots fantastic !!
Also they let me practice for as long as I wanted when I picked it up.

Thank you all for your input. I went to Tepee, but their selection of left-handed bows was very limited (and none I was interested in.) They could order one that I was interested in, but it would take 6 weeks to get and I'd have to "buy it to try it"; too expensive a gamble for my blood.

I ended up making the drive to Brian's Archery (~1 hour 15 minutes.) I test shot and purchased a 2014 Hoyt Faktor Turbo with a Spot Hogg Hunter 5 pin sight and Hoyt Ultra drop away rest. They had it all in stock and no sales tax, to boot. I pick it up tomorrow. Now I just need to pick some arrows and a release.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom