GOM "BAD FOR MAINE" Universal Background Check (UBC) Referendum Kick-Off Post

The big gun control fight is about to begin in Maine as we are only days away from Maine Secretary of State certification of the Universal Background Check Referendum. You are likely to see the proponents of this referendum attempt to make a big "splash" in the media when they get certification - but hopefully it will be a dud. IN ANY CASE DON'T BE INTIMATED BY THIS.

As you know, the UBC referendum is Bloomberg's attempt to impose gun control on the Maine people via an "end run" around our State Legislature (that in it's current composition would not touch this with a "ten foot pole").

Below is the link to GOM's opening "kick-off" post to the campaign to DEFEAT this UBC referendum in Maine, as well as educational materials they have prepared.

https://www.facebook.com/gunownersofmaine
http://gunownersofmaine.org/issues/UBC

"The fight against so-called “Universal Background Checks” is about to begin in Maine. On the surface, UBC sounds like a good idea. That’s by design. It’s intended to get your attention away from the true agenda of Moms Demand Action; the astroturf group funded by one ultra-rich Michael Bloomberg. Yes, the same Nanny that attempted to outlaw 32oz sodas in his city. This is a man that is about to drop more money than most people will earn in a lifetime here in Maine just to push his anti-gun agenda.

The anti-gun lobby is all for this law. I get that. What I don’t get are the gun owners that will support this as well. Why? Do you think this is about background checks? It isn’t. This is about incrementalism; the step-by-step eroding of our right to keep and bear arms. And they’ll keep right at it so long as we keep letting them do it. There were gun owners that supported the 1994 “Assault Weapons Ban” because it “didn’t affect them.” I’m hearing much of the same kind of lame arguments regarding Bloomberg’s law and it worries me".

(More)

P.S. GOM and its members were leaders in getting CC passed in Maine.

Back
Top Bottom