• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Golden Globes: Anti-Gun Hollywood Surrounded By Security Walls and Armed Guards

The only golden globes I'm interested in seeing belong to Salma Hyek. (sp).

These awards shows are burning themselves out. Not only are there too many of them, but they all take the same page out of the same playbook.

From an article on the GG's
Following the six-year ratings low of last year’s Seth Meyers hosted Globes, NBC were looking for a win in the numbers. However, on a Sunday of little primetime competition on broadcast or cable and the big lead-in of that Philadelphia Eagles’ close win over the Chicago Bears, it looks like the Comcast-owned net were denied.

The 76th Golden Globes snared a 12.7/21in metered market results.

That’s down 5% from the early metrics of 75th annual Golden Globes of January 7, 2018, which were basically even with the 2017 Jimmy Fallon hosted ceremony. Tracking across the years, last night’s Globes were the lowest in metered markets since the 2015 ceremony when Tina Fey and Amy Poehler were co-hosts for their third and final stint.

Had the best of times, still got ignored. Emmy's and Oscar's will wind up the same thing. The Foreign Press Hates America Awards will do just as poorly. As will the People's Don't Really Choose awards.

If I ran an awards show, I'd tell everyone who is nominated that if there is a WHISPER of political-speak, I will cut your mic off. I've got the button in MY hand. STFU, thank the people that need to be thanked and sit the F down. I'm betting I'd own the space within 3 Awards Seasons.

Aside: I caught some of the SNL rerun from November with Pete Davidson's apology. First, except for SOME of the Weekend Update, they've pulled pretty much all of the political stuff out. Good thinking Lorne. Maybe for your next trick you could not spit up your oatmeal. Second, in it's entirety, Davidson's apology was sincere and well done. I was impressed.

But thirdly, and most importantly, is it too late to get into a 2019 dead-pool?? I want Davidson. People laugh and giggle and look the other way. And when he ends up dead with a needle in his arm in some back-alley prostitute's living room people who were around him are going to call it tragic and sad. No. Tragic and sad is you NOT doing something about it now, SNL. If it takes firing his sorry ass to get him to change, FIRE HIS SORRY ASS! Nope. Dead SNL members are good for business, I guess.

I caught a snippet on the news this morning .
It was some gal saying that "We have a big microphone and everyone listens to us."
Holy crap , talk about arrogant and delusional.

The only golden globes I'm interested in seeing belong to Salma Hyek. (sp).

These awards shows are burning themselves out. Not only are there too many of them, but they all take the same page out of the same playbook.

From an article on the GG's

Had the best of times, still got ignored. Emmy's and Oscar's will wind up the same thing. The Foreign Press Hates America Awards will do just as poorly. As will the People's Don't Really Choose awards.

If I ran an awards show, I'd tell everyone who is nominated that if there is a WHISPER of political-speak, I will cut your mic off. I've got the button in MY hand. STFU, thank the people that need to be thanked and sit the F down. I'm betting I'd own the space within 3 Awards Seasons.

Aside: I caught some of the SNL rerun from November with Pete Davidson's apology. First, except for SOME of the Weekend Update, they've pulled pretty much all of the political stuff out. Good thinking Lorne. Maybe for your next trick you could not spit up your oatmeal. Second, in it's entirety, Davidson's apology was sincere and well done. I was impressed.

But thirdly, and most importantly, is it too late to get into a 2019 dead-pool?? I want Davidson. People laugh and giggle and look the other way. And when he ends up dead with a needle in his arm in some back-alley prostitute's living room people who were around him are going to call it tragic and sad. No. Tragic and sad is you NOT doing something about it now, SNL. If it takes firing his sorry ass to get him to change, FIRE HIS SORRY ASS! Nope. Dead SNL members are good for business, I guess.

LOL.

Who the hell is Pete Davidson?

I caught a snippet on the news this morning .
It was some gal saying that "We have a big microphone and everyone listens to us."
Holy crap , talk about arrogant and delusional.

The proper response to that is: " excuse me madam - did you say something ? I was looking at your boobs "

Nice quote from the article:

After the good guys with guns keep Hollywood’s upper crust safe at the Beverly Hilton, the celebrities can go back home, and wake up Monday to start pushing more gun control for commoners.

LOL.

Who the hell is Pete Davidson?

This dolt.

pete-davidson-1-1.jpg

Was dating Ariana Grande (Pequeño???) for a while until she dumped him. Rumored to be with Beckinsale now. This is a GOOD picture of him. Usually looks more strung out. You'd think a smart 45yo woman wouldn't fall for a drug-addled 25yo obnoxious comedian.

Back
Top Bottom