Gold and silver prices are down

So weird to see gold hanging around at $2040. I feel like previous trips above $2000 were extremely brief.
Agreed. I was checking futures this morning and was surprised to find it sticking around yesterday’s close at $2038.

It's more idle curiosity, actually. Seeing what people are paying for certain gold and silver items.
Last Saturday I bought 4 AGE at Boston Bullion $2,097 each. Spot price was $1,971.

I got to try out my Sigma Metalytics Verifier Pro Mini. I'm not sure of the science behind it, but it will look through the coin to check if it has the proper % of gold. And it can do that with the coin encased in plastic.

Last edited:

Good luck trying to find junk silver. APMEX is out pretty much and pre sale and alert me is like buying a futures contract the Silver is not there.

Good luck trying to find junk silver. APMEX is out pretty much and pre sale and alert me is like buying a futures contract the Silver is not there.

Go around to banks and ask for rolls of quarters. There’s always a widow who brings her prepper husband’s “$10” rolls of quarters to the bank.

Go around to banks and ask for rolls of quarters. There’s always a widow who brings her prepper husband’s “$10” rolls of quarters to the bank.

Ive been pawn hoping as of late, im pretty cool.with the guy to he puts 90% dimes and quarters on the side once a week. But his spot price has risen, dont matter I still buy them.

Ive been pawn hoping as of late, im pretty cool.with the guy to he puts 90% dimes and quarters on the side once a week. But his spot price has risen, dont matter I still buy them.

I collected a lot of junk silver when EBay was helping out with 10-25% cash back.

Really hoping this isn’t credible informations. I realize it’s not facts, but it’s what I’ve been feeling all along.

Really hoping this isn’t credible informations. I realize it’s not facts, but it’s what I’ve been feeling all along.

It’s probably credible but Miles Franklin deals in retail silver and gold which is only 20% of the market and it’s not a great predictor of PM prices.

To get gold over $2100 we need traders and investors on board not just retail buyers.

It’s probably credible but Miles Franklin deals in retail silver and gold which is only 20% of the market and it’s not a great predictor of PM prices.

To get gold over $2100 we need traders and investors on board not just retail buyers.
I have a feeling that’s going to be happening sooner than later.

And to be clear, I actually have OVER the recommended amount of PM’s in my pathetic version of a portfolio, but somehow it still feels like it’s not going to be enough when things go tits up.

I basically just want to be able to keep paying my mortgage/bills and be able to eat a few times a day. I have most of the ‘stuff’ I need in life and don’t really ‘want’ for much.

All that being said, I am always looking for things that could be ‘good as gold’ in a potential/inevitable collapse scenario. I’m on board with diversification and definitely trying to remain calm and concentrate on anything that could potentiall be valuable locally (farm equipment/services mostly)

It's amazing how long the opportunity to position for this trade has been available. It reminds me of Rick Rules famous saying "Don't confuse inevitable with imminent"

One other tidbit I picked up from Rick that may be of interest here - the 4 decade mean investor allocation in gold and silver is 2%. It currently stands at .5%. A mere reversion to mean would result in a 4 fold increase in demand.

Wow, 30-1. There's a HUGE premium over true silver value.

Stupid question. But if the shit hits the fan. Is an American eagle 1 oz coin going to be worth more than a dearth Vader 1oz silver coin. It will just be the value of the silver not the collector value right. If I can buy 500 coins for 14,000 vs 18,700 for American eagles. They are both 1 Troy oz. Thoughts

Stupid question. But if the shit hits the fan. Is an American eagle 1 oz coin going to be worth more than a dearth Vader 1oz silver coin. It will just be the value of the silver not the collector value right. If I can buy 500 coins for 14,000 vs 18,700 for American eagles. They are both 1 Troy oz. Thoughts
In a shtf scenario? The coin from the US mint would be more trusted than Luke’s father. Silver is silver and the vader coin would be tested with various methodologies to prove the content.

Yes.
It depends.
No.
Ok.
Correct.

I don't actually like ASEs enough to pay the premiums but I do buy them for the scenario that you described. There are folks who are ASE snobs. But there are also people who are Engelhard and Johnson Matthey enthusiasts. I own an assortment of silver coins, bars, and rounds so I can trade with most anyone.

Just curious. And the darth was just a coin I noticed while searching. But silver for silvers sake. I could get $4000 more worth of silver with that scenario.

It will be easier to sell an ASE since they’re a little harder to fake.

As mentioned before, I'm gonna stop by the coin show in NH tomorrow.

My goal is just information gathering. Particularly gold and silver coins and bullion.

I'm hoping to chat up a few guys to find out what they're seeing in the market.

Anyone have other good questions or things I should look for? I'll report back.

thanks

Rich

Bill Holter is credibile when it comes to PMs. The rest well no one knows what lies ahead for us.

Back
Top Bottom