• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gold and silver prices are down

I'm seeing a lot of my numismatic dealer friends posting gold and silver deals this afternoon. They think prices are falling tomorrow.
Dealers probably need to eat or they bought a truck way over retail 😂

Seriously though a dealer just has a business model. They buy and sell to make cash. Underlying this they are obtaining some nice bullion and coinage.

This is the start to a very big move in gold equities as GDX snd GDXJ as well as spot gold are testing major resistance levels and volume will ramp up heavily. Not only do the macroeconomic factors bode very well for precious metals but the charts also agree.

This is the start to a very big move in gold equities as GDX snd GDXJ as well as spot gold are testing major resistance levels and volume will ramp up heavily. Not only do the macroeconomic factors bode very well for precious metals but the charts also agree.
I suppose we'll just have to trust the science

Wake me up when we have a weekly close above $1900. Miners have been moving up for like 4 months now, time for a pullback.

yep. I view any PM that I may or may not have stacked as insurance against the dollar's inevitable collapse therefore, I care not how many FRNs are tied to each ounce of it at any given time that I may or may not own!

That being said, I can see how much fun it can be to speculate

If any single person could predict with a high degree of certainty the daily movements of PM or other asset, they'd become rich beyond their wildest dreams. The Hunt brothers tried to corner the market in silver decades ago. And they ran into a wall of big money that fought them and won. If guys like the Hunt brothers can't predict this stuff, how do any of us have a chance???

None have a crystal ball and price movement is the sole indicator we should focus on. While I tend to focus highly on macros that does become noisy alot of the time. For example yet again right on cue GDXU rose another 6% at the open and fell back down slowly to just below the previous day’s close. Then right back up.

Physical gold is not to be traded. That’s not it’s job. Gold and silver equities are because they are the leveraged intruments with massive liquidity that allows a fast entrance and exit electronically. If only we had our own algorithms working for us little guys….

I never seem to get on the right side of a stock movement, but to minimize risk in the mining sector, I've been taking some positions in optionable/dividend-paying royalty companies. These guys typically don't have the operational risks (warring jurisdictions, road blockages from disgruntled locals etc.) like the actual mining companies do. No guarantee that you'll succeed, but I sleep better.

If any single person could predict with a high degree of certainty the daily movements of PM or other asset, they'd become rich beyond their wildest dreams. The Hunt brothers tried to corner the market in silver decades ago. And they ran into a wall of big money that fought them and won. If guys like the Hunt brothers can't predict this stuff, how do any of us have a chance???

Hunts were shut down by the house, like the Redditers and card counters at Vegas. They shut down silver futures buying and they were focked.

You and I will have a conversation after hours tomorrow 😂

Yeah, there’s huge sellers around $1900, if we can close the week above that (and not like $1902 cause that won’t mean much), that would be very bullish.

But I don’t like to see gold and the miners tracking the S&P500, cause that won’t last.

Gold is $1883 testing major resistance at $1880. Everyone and their grandma (me included) is predicting it will fail and pull back (to $1780 or below).

Gold does like to fool everyone so we’ll see.

You are fast becoming my favorite contradictory indicator!!!

:)

Back
Top Bottom