• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gold and silver prices are down

It’s easy to lose money on a numismatic coin. I’ve done it more than once.
true. I have been a collector/seller for many years, and one of the few ways to make money is to buy an estate.
I have coins bought in the 80s that have marginally increased in value. Some of my rarer coins have increased significantly. It's a hit or miss.

true. I have been a collector/seller for many years, and one of the few ways to make money is to buy an estate.
I have coins bought in the 80s that have marginally increased in value. Some of my rarer coins have increased significantly. It's a hit or miss.
Nothing beats pulling a heavy felt bag out of a secret compartment of a very old secretary desk.

Btw I would love some general estimated values of those silver coins I found several months back.

Fun Question: If you had between $2K & $4K to drop on Gold/Silver Coins/Bars, what would be your choice and where would you buy from?

Side thought: Premiums on US Silver Eagles are just too high, so they are out.

Check out the buy/sell spread, not the amount of premium.

I don't pay attention to either, I just look at the final price. When silver was $12, and a Silver Eagle was $17, was that a bad buy, cause of the high premium? How about when silver was $24 and the Eagles were $25, was that a better buy cause the premium was only $1?

It's the same Silver Eagle, why care what the premium is?

This is an OK deal. Common date $20 St Gaudens MS 63.

But I also got a 5% eBay bucks link this morning. So it became a much better deal.

The most beautiful coin ever minted.

What happened? Why are PMs up?

Lot of stuff going on. I’d be careful not to attribute it to one thing like Credit Suisse cause there’s a lot of cross currents. The fact dollar is down, stocks up, Pm miners way up, probably means investors are sniffing out a Fed pause or pivot, due to Credit Suisse being the canary in the coal mine.

I do not believe it’s safe haven buying at all, the media are usually wrong about gold. If it were safe haven buying, dollar would be up and stocks down.

GDXU almost pushing 75% gains from the low last Monday. Gold ftw!

Wow. Are you in it I forget?

As often happens with gold, the move to $1620 is looking like a false breakdown. Same with stocks moving below the June lows. Was probably a one day false breakdown, a bear trap. Those trigger big short covering rallies as people get short thinking the lows are broken.

Just noticed the debt jumped 31 trillion to 31.1 trillion. With rising rates the interest on that has to be over 500 million (I’m guessing here) and rising. Are there any decent theories as to how the US will deal with this issue other than print dollars to pay debt? Is there any graceful way out of this?

Just noticed the debt jumped 31 trillion to 31.1 trillion. With rising rates the interest on that has to be over 500 million (I’m guessing here) and rising. Are there any decent theories as to how the US will deal with this issue other than print dollars to pay debt? Is there any graceful way out of this?

Inflate it away, default, or financial reset.

I just heard about another FED rate hike. May cause an uptick in PMs because of the proximity to the last hike.

Higher rates are bad for gold but gold is probably improving because investors are doubting the central banks can go much higher. Another 0.75% hike is probably priced in already.

Back
Top Bottom