Gold and silver prices are down

Great looking Her Majesty's... All 2011's?
Very, very nice pricing also...

If we can’t continue to close above 1710-1712 then the next major support points down are 1562-1567, and then 1397-1400. At that level get rid of the shopping cart and back up the truck, but it will be a long climb back up unless there is a major political and policy change.

If we can’t continue to close above 1710-1712 then the next major support points down are 1562-1567, and then 1397-1400. At that level get rid of the shopping cart and back up the truck, but it will be a long climb back up unless there is a major political and policy change.
So, in other words, "buy the dip"?
😄

Of course. The big question is always “which dip?”. Where’d I put my magic eight ball?
We were talking with our tax guy once about what makes more sense about putting my inlaws' house into our name to protect from nursing home versus the increase in tax. He said I can't really know what to tell you, unless you can tell me when they are going to die. So true.

We were talking with our tax guy once about what makes more sense about putting my inlaws' house into our name to protect from nursing home versus the increase in tax. He said I can't really know what to tell you, unless you can tell me when they are going to die. So true.
Irrevocable trust is another option, but you have to be careful about the imputed rental income counting as cash flow on the Medicaid recipient's balance sheet - that amount will be deducted from what is paid to the nursing home. You need both a CPA as well as an attorney specializing in elder law. Creative titling and/or a trust can eliminate the need for probate when the eventual happens.

$1675-1680 is the major support. Don't think we'll cross that.

Two shows coming up in July 2022. buy in person, many dealers to choose from.
Monthly Nashua, NH show July 17 Nashua NH Monthly Coin Show – EBW Promotions, LLC
Bay State Coin Show Marlborough, MA July 29 and 30 Bay State Coin Show . . . . Marlborough, Massachusetts
Not a gold guy but I always wondered...

Can a person with a tube of gold eagles just go there and sell for cash?

Or, do they give you a check?

I know if you sell you have to claim it on your taxes.

Not a tax evader either - but how would they know?

Just wondering...

He said I can't really know what to tell you, unless you can tell me when they are going to die. So true.

The problem there is if you know when, it becomes murder 1.

Depending on the business, you MIGHT get cash for ONE Gold Eagle, but when you run up against 10K, you will get a check and a tax form filed. You will have to prove purchase price to deduct from the tax liability. It's why I do tubes of silver eagles. I can make a loop and hit 5 stores a day and get cash for 1 tube at each.

Last edited:
Are there any good price tracking or price predicting pages? You know, charts/graphs, but simple and straightforward.

Thanks.
Sorry for not being more helpful but I have this…

Some gold dealers have the price they will pay you based on the spot price of the moment. From that you can figure what your particular coin is worth based on any spot price.

You can lock in your price with the dealer. You just have to consider shipping.

Not a gold guy but I always wondered...

I know if you sell you have to claim it on your taxes.

Not a tax evader either - but how would they know?

Just wondering...
I've seen dealers do both. Really depends on the amount of the transaction.

I was ready to eat my words, "You will see $30.00 silver before you see $17.00 silver." But always a good bump up off of low $18's.

I really don't want to back the truck up in the $17 range. That will really screw up my dollar cost average.

Yes, take all the predictions in this thread and just do the complete opposite.

Yeah so many better choices:
YTD return
S&P500 = -19%
Treasury Bonds = -20%
Nasdaq = -26.6%
Bitcoin = -53.6%
Silver = -17.1%
Gold = -4.7%

Yeah gold sucks. [laugh] Even silver is beating everything but gold.

Nice gold chart of Gold vs Fed interest rates from one of my paid newsletter writers.

Basically showing how gold broke the short-term trend line again, and will likely start a big move once the Fed stops raising rates.

He's always very pessimistic, I dont' think gold will break $1680.

gold vs Fed Funds Rate.jpg

Still enjoying that monthly dividend with Fortitude Gold (FTCO). Stock price hasn't really done much (down ~20% 12 mos.), but I still like/own it. Nibble a bit more while depressed, as funds are available.

Still enjoying that monthly dividend with Fortitude Gold (FTCO). Stock price hasn't really done much (down ~20% 12 mos.), but I still like/own it. Nibble a bit more while depressed, as funds are available.
That shows some fortitude on your part.

Back
Top Bottom