Gold and silver prices are down

I took a very brief look and it appears that $31 is the price of a physical silver eagle. I don't pay much attention to the spot price.

Yes - $1,000 removes the tax on precious metals.

I bought a couple 1 kilo bars recently. About $3 over spot per ounce.

Only wanted one but I needed to order two to get rid of MA sales tax on orders under $1000..

Damn…guess I’m glad I bought what I could while I could in MA and IN…apparently KY has a 6% tax on PM’s (regular state sales tax) and no exemption.

I think I just found the one single thing that Massachusetts has on Kentucky!

Guess my stack will remain right where it is…I’m not paying uncle same more money so that I can protect the currency HE’s devaluing!

I’ll buy farm equipment and ammo instead and will probably have more luck with horse trading those items around here if the dollar collapses.

I got bored with buying more modern silver ASEs, Maples, Philharmonics, etc. I bought several original looking Peace and Morgan dollars - I appreciate the history of those coins. Recently I’ve gotten into buying some original looking European silver coins. Below are two French 5 Franks. They’re roughly the size of US silver dollars and cost me about what I would pay for those.4F453AF0-BA0F-401A-93C1-74848A94D258.jpeg

Attachments

• C5DB65C2-793E-4630-BCDE-5430334ECA6A.jpeg
    C5DB65C2-793E-4630-BCDE-5430334ECA6A.jpeg
    252.1 KB · Views: 6
I copied this from a WSJ today that talks about the head winds for gold (strong dollar and bond yields)....this excerpt sums up the article:

"People associate high inflation with a strong gold market, not a weak one. But in reality, what really matters is how central banks or monetary authorities react to said inflation,” said Bart Melek, head of commodities strategy at TD Securities. He expects gold to average around $1,775 in the last three months of the year."

$496.76 +tax for a Roll of Phil's from Bullion Exchanges $24.84/oz (have never bought from)
Sale Price - Roll of 20 - 2022 1 oz Austrian Silver Philharmonic Coin BU (Lot, | eBay

View attachment 633090

I've purchased from them in the past, but not through eBay. I did it through their website. Always worked out.

However, I've stopped purchasing online recently due to a FedEx delivery issue. I was reimbursed due to the non-delivery, but it left me not wanting to do online anymore. Please note it wasn't through Bullion Exchanges though.

With that being said can anyone recommend a bullion dealer in Massachusetts or Southern NH?

Thx

These always seem to be cheaper than anything else. Great price for sure and I personally think they’re a beautiful coin.
I consider them a tier below Maples & Eagles, but easily identified and nice to hold. Still Governmental coin. Far better than generic rounds or bars IMO...
I do stack generics, but they were mostly bought decades ago when counterfeiting silver was not as common due to the low cost of real silver ($5/oz)
and China was a far away spot on the globe...
~Enbloc

I've purchased from them in the past, but not through eBay. I did it through their website. Always worked out.

However, I've stopped purchasing online recently due to a FedEx delivery issue. I was reimbursed due to the non-delivery, but it left me not wanting to do online anymore. Please note it wasn't through Bullion Exchanges though.

With that being said can anyone recommend a bullion dealer in Massachusetts or Southern NH?

Thx
I used to have three that I would recommend... but they have all dried up and blown away. Thanks, Internet...

Thx
good reviews from youtube at The Coin and Stamp shop in Manchester NH. proprietor Tim Marschner. haven't shopped there myself, but he ships and no sales tax so thinking about it. heard about it through a youtube algorithm that showed me a video of a local guys channel that goes there a lot. seems fair. other than that, if you see one in your area during your travels, pop in. build a rapport. I would with the only local place to me but since the pandemic they're by appointment only. my schedule changes so much with work I don't know when Ill be free, if I can keep the appointment, and just driving by and popping in would be so much more convenient. good luck!

good reviews from youtube at The Coin and Stamp shop in Manchester NH. proprietor Tim Marschner. haven't shopped there myself, but he ships and no sales tax so thinking about it. heard about it through a youtube algorithm that showed me a video of a local guys channel that goes there a lot. seems fair. other than that, if you see one in your area during your travels, pop in. build a rapport. I would with the only local place to me but since the pandemic they're by appointment only. my schedule changes so much with work I don't know when Ill be free, if I can keep the appointment, and just driving by and popping in would be so much more convenient. good luck!
Thx

I've seen the videos on YouTube. He seems like a decent guy.

Shouldn’t the imminent end to the pretrodollar have the exact opposite effect?

I might have to change my mind about stacking some more if prices keep going down…regardless of sales taxes I’m now subject to.

The dollar is strong. The Euro is crapping out. Gold and silver tend to move inversely from the strength of the dollar.

Shouldn’t the imminent end to the pretrodollar have the exact opposite effect?

I might have to change my mind about stacking some more if prices keep going down…regardless of sales taxes I’m now subject to.

Dollar is strong at least relative to other currencies, Fed is still talking tough, and gold has held up very well compared to things like stocks and bonds, so don’t sweat the short term moves within a multi year trading range. Gold could go down to $1680 and still be in a bullish trend.

Back
Top Bottom