• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gold and silver prices are down

I wouldn’t worry too much about the grade difference between common date Saints in 62 or 63. The numismatic value is small. It’s really a bullion purchase with a touch of numismatic value. If you start buying coins where most of their value is numismatic and a small amount is bullion then you’ll want to have a greater knowledge of grading.

There's another benefit of buying PCGS or NGC rated coins. They are guaranteed authentic. It's a bit of insurance.

@HARRYM has talked about counterfeit coins in the market. There's a lot of them. Bottom line, buy from reputable dealers.

Question:

Does anyone remember any contrarian indicators in and around 2009-2010 who were bearish gold/silver in mainstream financial news AND/OR the resource based financial pros? I’m trying to get a handle on the recent news that gold/silver is basically pressured to the point where many are jumping out. I understand the holding thesis for many of you. I know gold will just keep rising over time but based on many tangential investments related to it I ask this question. Technicals are vital in some respects and back in 2009-2010 the market took notice and look what happened when gold shot up to new all time highs.

Now I’m bullish gold/silver and believe we are in the birth pangs of a super cycle for gold that will diminish any competition of past rally in the PMs. The price movement is giving buyers a great choice right now. So are there any gleanings into the sentiment back then?

Question:

Does anyone remember any contrarian indicators in and around 2009-2010 who were bearish gold/silver in mainstream financial news AND/OR the resource based financial pros? I’m trying to get a handle on the recent news that gold/silver is basically pressured to the point where many are jumping out. I understand the holding thesis for many of you. I know gold will just keep rising over time but based on many tangential investments related to it I ask this question. Technicals are vital in some respects and back in 2009-2010 the market took notice and look what happened when gold shot up to new all time highs.

Now I’m bullish gold/silver and believe we are in the birth pangs of a super cycle for gold that will diminish any competition of past rally in the PMs. The price movement is giving buyers a great choice right now. So are there any gleanings into the sentiment back then?

My favorite is from the bottom in 2015:

My favorite is from the bottom in 2015:

5 paragraphs in and the paywall starts. That’s a popular one from the 2015 bottom that got referenced today by Jesse Felder on the KE report w/e addition. Funny stuff lol.

Hypothetical...someone you all know (and love) has 100,000 cash to invest today...do you tell them to buy...

-ammo and guns (in that order, because if they’re here, they probably have enough guns...but nobody has ever had too much ammo)
-land (somewhere practical where food can be grown/animals raised without fighting weather too much)
-gold/silver (if this, in what ratio of each?)
-hookers and blow (hey, a mans gotta live!)

Hypothetical...someone you all know (and love) has 100,000 cash to invest today...do you tell them to buy...

-ammo and guns (in that order, because if they’re here, they probably have enough guns...but nobody has ever had too much ammo)
-land (somewhere practical where food can be grown/animals raised without fighting weather too much)
You already have the guns and ammo.
Buy that land.
Buy gold in 1/4oz increments or even less. Don’t fret if you have oz’s.
Buy silver oz’s en masse.
Can’t recommend hookers and blow cuz that’s not how I roll but you do you.

Nobody has ever PERSONALLY asked me for investment advice. Probably a good reason for that.

Guns, ammo, silver, gold are all insurance; they won't produce income unless you're a wheeler-dealer. Insurance is good. Even better if you buy with a view toward future sales or barter. Simple is better. If I hit MassCash, I'd be into these for 10-20% of my winnings.

A small farm can provide food and shelter AND produce an income presuming you have the skills and strength to work it. This where I'd put the lion's share of my winnings.

I used to play Zillow Bingo on days with crummy weather. Could have bought 4 acres last spring with a 500 sq ft house (needed septic) in WV for under 25k. Problem was, the weather was even hotter and more humid than where I am now! If you find an area with better weather and fewer biting insects, please let me know where it is.

I don’t think I can pull up a poll here but I am curious as to when people think they have enough? Like we talkin Scrooge McDuck here or just a few stacks will make you happy.

strictly gold, let’s say

A) 1-10 oz
B) 11-25 oz
C) 25 - 50 oz
D) 50+ oz, I’m rich bitch

I’m in the A category but would like to settle in the C category to be happy

I don’t think I can pull up a poll here but I am curious as to when people think they have enough? Like we talkin Scrooge McDuck here or just a few stacks will make you happy.

strictly gold, let’s say

A) 1-10 oz
B) 11-25 oz
C) 25 - 50 oz
D) 50+ oz, I’m rich bitch

I’m in the A category but would like to settle in the C category to be happy
B here

Right now I'm in that category just above "A". But someday I'd like to be in the A category, just can't bring myself to spend that much on a single oz of something. That's why I've been buying silver. At least I feel like I have more lol

Right now I'm in that category just above "A". But someday I'd like to be in the A category, just can't bring myself to spend that much on a single oz of something. That's why I've been buying silver. At least I feel like I have more lol

Buy silver now and trade for gold when silver goes nuts.

Any thoughts on how low silver might go? I'm waiting on a couple of coin dealers to post their new purchases from the ANA show but if I don't see anything that tickles my fancy I'll buy bullion silver...

Any thoughts on how low silver might go? I'm waiting on a couple of coin dealers to post their new purchases from the ANA show but if I don't see anything that tickles my fancy I'll buy bullion silver...

Paper silver I think will bottom at $21-22. But physical isn’t going to go much lower cause demand is so high and it’s not as easy to make as paper silver.

If you want to take advantage of the low paper price buy PSLV or something like Alexco silver (AXU) who is sitting on millions of ounces of physical silver in the ground.

AXU, Defiance Silver, FSM, AG, these are crazy cheap now.

Back
Top Bottom