Gold and silver prices are down

HUH? Physical prices have dropped a lot.

Premiums over spot have come down a lot.

Yeah, they've come back down from the crazy highs that's true. But still no better than pre-Covid. The US mint shutdown hurt prices, once that's up and running again we should see better prices if gold hasn't rallied in the mean time.

HUH? Physical prices have dropped a lot.

Premiums over spot have come down a lot.

This one came down even since last week I think? $2030 for MS64. 5% Ebay bucks would make this a sweet deal.

I think this is now cheaper any time since Covid. If I go back to Oct 2019 I paid $1536 for a MS62, but I think gold was around $1500 at that time.

Wow, interesting term from Bullion Exchange:

We reserve the right to accept returns only when the item is not as described, however, the customer will be subject to pay for the cost of the return shipping and will be refunded with a 10% restocking fee.
Yup, a restocking fee and payment for shipping if the item is not as described. Wow.

I am skeptical of "shipping on <future date>". That smells like "we are accepting payments so we can buy the stuff" .... I would expect an order cancellation to be likely if there was a overnight doubling of price - like some dealers and even manufacturers did when AR mags doubled in value overnight.

Wow, interesting term from Bullion Exchange:
We reserve the right to accept returns only when the item is not as described, however, the customer will be subject to pay for the cost of the return shipping and will be refunded with a 10% restocking fee.
Yup, a restocking fee and payment for shipping if the item is not as described. Wow.

I am skeptical of "shipping on <future date>". That smells like "we are accepting payments so we can buy the stuff" .... I would expect an order cancellation to be likely if there was a overnight doubling of price - like some dealers and even manufacturers did when AR mags doubled in value overnight.

I pretty much stick to Apmex and MCM. I see good deals on ebay from Bullion Exchange but have never tried them, their low prices make me a little suspicious.

I pretty much stick to Apmex and MCM. I see good deals on ebay from Bullion Exchange but have never tried them, their low prices make me a little suspicious.

Bullion Exchange is fine for an order. I've bought from them a few times when the prices were too low to ignore. Never had a problem.

I did receive one coin with a crack case and they made good on it very quickly.

Bullion Exchange is fine for an order. I've bought from them a few times when the prices were too low to ignore. Never had a problem.

I did receive one coin with a crack case and they made good on it very quickly.
At least they did not charge you the 10% as their policies assert the right to do.

Pretty amazing to see the almost 6% drop and I expect it to drop a little more so the big guys can buy in bigly.

Yeah Sunday night is the lowest volume so the best time to dump contracts on the market to manipulate the price down. Which isn’t even legal but nobody cares about legality on Wall St anymore. We’ll see if it works come tomorrow. Goal is to break $1750 support.

I don’t believe the goal is to buy in cheaper, they’re just short gold, and certain entities want gold to go down to support the “no inflation” narrative.

I don’t believe the goal is to buy in cheaper, they’re just short gold, and certain entities want gold to go down to support the “no inflation” narrative.

Ah ok. I see what you mean.
1628474308064.gif

Well, Eric Sprott is kind of a big guy. Ray Dalio too.

Gold down $90 to $1677 and back up $70. Could be start of a rally although I’d think you’d need to test $1675 during regular hours not thinly traded Sunday night.

Although these don't qualify for bucks, looks like the premium over spot has come down nicely. Haven't seen a Buffalo this cheap in ages. $1861 for buffalo, $1857 for Eagle from Apmex.

Got an email for 5% eBay bucks, any deals out there?

New deals posted, some good ones:

The most beautiful coin ever minted.

What’s the difference between these two?

MS62 vs MS63? Is that grading?

Although these don't qualify for bucks, looks like the premium over spot has come down nicely. Haven't seen a Buffalo this cheap in ages. $1861 for buffalo, $1857 for Eagle from Apmex.

Boston Bullion usually beats everyone else. Local also

What’s the difference between these two?

MS62 vs MS63? Is that grading?

MS = Mint state. It represents an expert opinion of the coin's strike, condition and appearance.

MS 60 and above are uncirculated. MS 70 is a perfect example with no flaws.

The differences between MS 62 and MS 63 are quite subtle and definitely arguable. Grading coins is as much an art as science. Definitions do exist for justifying a given MS grade but opinion does enter into it. Are marks on a coin big or small? Do they fall within an area of the coin that detracts from the overall appearance. Stuff like that.

True collector grade starts at MS 65. A rare coin in MS 60 can be extremely valuable, while a common coin in MS 64 won't be worth much more than MS 62.

So, as in many things, it depends...

I wouldn’t worry too much about the grade difference between common date Saints in 62 or 63. The numismatic value is small. It’s really a bullion purchase with a touch of numismatic value. If you start buying coins where most of their value is numismatic and a small amount is bullion then you’ll want to have a greater knowledge of grading.

Back
Top Bottom