• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gold and silver prices are down

Gold is flirting with $1800, some think a strong jobs report tomorrow will tank gold, but I’m not so sure - inflation might be taking over as the driver. Not that inflation by itself is good for gold but the risk of high inflation to other markets could drive people into gold. And if inflation shoots up and the Fed doesn’t raise rates or uses rate control, gold will go ballistic.

Gold is flirting with $1800, some think a strong jobs report tomorrow will tank gold, but I’m not so sure - inflation might be taking over as the driver. Not that inflation by itself is good for gold but the risk of high inflation to other markets could drive people into gold. And if inflation shoots up and the Fed doesn’t raise rates or uses rate control, gold will go ballistic.
We did it!!!
[banana]

This morning I contacted a numismatic dealer that I've worked with before. There are still a few gold coin "types" that I would like to acquire before gold really takes off. I wanted to try to buy a certified French 100 Franc "Standing Genius" gold coin. He said that he didn't have any and they were very difficult to locate at the moment. He does coin shows every weekend so he would know. I then inquired about a certified Victorian gold 5 Pounds. He said that he owns a few but that he isn't selling at the moment - that he is "more a net buyer than seller." [laugh] I just told him that I understood - that his position makes sense to me as well. The numismatic market seems hotter than I ever recall though I should note that I'm more of a hobbyist than a real insider.

We did it!!!
[banana]

Yeah and we almost touched $1850! I think $1825 was resistance also and we went through that. The concern is gold miners are not really rallying with gold but that may happen later today. If it does that’s very bullish.

Gold and silver selloff in the face of massive inflation would be a gift. It may happen cause the last thing the Fed wants is for the public to see gold going ballistic. So the big players are in there shorting gold right now.

It’s been a gift for a while and will continue to be a gift for as long as it lasts. I’m trying to fill some gold “type” coins I’m missing from my collection before the gift ends.

Gold at $1840, and the gold bears and big banks are probably panicking cause a weekly close above $1850 would put a major hurt on gold bears. The gold paper contract printing machine is overheating trying to meet real demand with paper derivatives.

Gold at $1840, and the gold bears and big banks are probably panicking cause a weekly close above $1850 would put a major hurt on gold bears. The gold paper contract printing machine is overheating trying to meet real demand with paper derivatives.
Let’s break that m*****f*****

I think what is also killing the American Eagle is the ridiculous premium they are charging. I picked up some Krugarrand's for $7 less then the AE

The article is stupid, they don’t even realize the US mint is shut down for product changeover. Seemed like a computer generated article.

I think what is also killing the American Eagle is the ridiculous premium they are charging.
True, but it's a good thing if you held SE's for a long time. I'd rather buy 90% US silver coin around spot than pay the SE premiums. Hell, check out the premiums for 90% these days. Spot right now is $27.52 and here's the current ask.

JM: 90% Silver Washington Quarters ($100 FV, Circulated) As Low As: $2,676.96

Hell ya

1850’s mofos. Resistance is futile.

View attachment 483387

$1867 now, $1850 is fading in the mirror. There was/is probably a lot of buy orders for gold above $1850. A lot of the big money waits til gold clears major resistance before buying, that drives it quickly to the next major resistance which I think is $1950?

Can’t complain a 5% gain today in FSAGX. Let’s keep that uptrend shall we?

One thing I must be mindful of is another 2012 scenario where I left it all to burn lol.

Back
Top Bottom