• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gold and silver prices are down

Just remember, a "bank holiday" could cut you off from accessing your safety deposit box.

Coins (not numis') generally are easily recognized and offer better fractional denominations, albeit with loftier premiums. Any form is suitable, IMO, but for insurance/crisis scenarios, I would prefer physical, not paper holdings.

On another note (Hecla Mining Co.) , how can it be that HL breaks above my Friday expiring $6.50 strike today. That rarely happens to me. Usually my longs tank after expiration, so the premium on forward months collapses.
Well, we'll see what happens come 19 March 2021...

Last edited:
So what the preferred method of holding Gold/Silver? Coins, Bullion, IRA? I have been a mix of coins/bullion store is a safety deposit box but wondering if I just move to more bullion.

Personally, I am into coins, American coins, silver eagles and 90% pre 1965 coins. I would not EVER store metals in a safety deposit box. Banks can go under, IRS or another 3 letter outfit can lock down boxes and it is not unheard of that they can be broken into.

Get some 3" PVC piping, and run it from one wall to another, with a clean out connection. No respectable burglar will look into a PVC pipe.

I can see my wife vacuuming those right up.

Sigh... [laugh2]

Personally, I am into coins, American coins, silver eagles and 90% pre 1965 coins. I would not EVER store metals in a safety deposit box. Banks can go under, IRS or another 3 letter outfit can lock down boxes and it is not unheard of that they can be broken into.

Get some 3" PVC piping, and run it from one wall to another, with a clean out connection. No respectable burglar will look into a PVC pipe.

Sigh... [laugh2]
Good point

Personally, I am into coins, American coins, silver eagles and 90% pre 1965 coins. ...
Don't do this with collectables, the PVC reacts with silver (and copper). Look for ABS or HDPE "drain/vent pipe" instead. Much of the common black "plastic" pipe is an ABS+PVC blend.

Schiff was mentioning on his podcast that interest rates are likely to rise but that the FED is sure to react. It's really been a windfall for PM investors. Between the general public not acknowledging that we are going to print money until it's worth less or worthless and investors being sidetracked into crypto, PMs have remained surprisingly affordable.

Schiff was mentioning on his podcast that interest rates are likely to rise but that the FED is sure to react. It's really been a windfall for PM investors. Between the general public not acknowledging that we are going to print money until it's worth less or worthless and investors being sidetracked into crypto, PMs have remained surprisingly affordable.

The government sleight of hand is just a diversionary tactic. They can't stop the inevitable.

Gold tanking this morning as the 10 Year Treasury rate goes vertical.

Any day now the market will go from “oh look, rates are going up, great news!” to “omg rates are going to crash the debt bubble!”

Gold tanking this morning as the 10 Year Treasury rate goes vertical.

Any day now the market will go from “oh look, rates are going up, great news!” to “omg rates are going to crash the debt bubble!”
So true. This is baaaaaaad news.

Back
Top Bottom