Gold and silver prices are down

You'd think that I'd just bought a hoard of gold coins this past Saturday, based on today's price action.
Me buying one Maple Leaf will cause a $50 billion drop in the gold market.

been a long time but I squeezed in a gold purchase. $2092 w/ $100 Ebay bucks back.

been a long time but I squeezed in a gold purchase. $2092 w/ $100 Ebay bucks back.

@Varmint did you get an eBay Bucks special? I guess I'm not worthy...

With the $100 off that's a good buy.

I wasn't sure it was a good buy or not - cause you can get silver eagles or buffalos for about the same price. But I kind of like getting a 100 year old coin.

You also get NGC/PCGS certification that the coin is real. And it is a 100 year old coin in Unc. condition.

If I got the eBay bucks offer I'd grab one as well.

I wasn't sure it was a good buy or not - cause you can get silver eagles or buffalos for about the same price. But I kind of like getting a 100 year old coin.
Eagles and Buffalos are 1 troy ounce AU exactly. Pre 33 gold is .975 OZ. I have read there are s-loads of pre-33 gold in foreign vaults because the law allows the US to redeem gold certificates (way back when) with $20 in gold coin or 1oz gold per $20 certificate.

Common date pre-33 gold (except perhaps in very high grades) have very little numismatic value, and the prices are propped up by the metal content. But they sure are cool.

You also get NGC/PCGS certification that the coin is real. And it is a 100 year old coin in Unc. condition.

If I got the eBay bucks offer I'd grab one as well.

Thanks, I inherited $20k from my mom and want to buy either PMs or mining stocks. I like the idea of passing down gold coins from grandma to her grandkids someday.

Would be cool if I get her birth year, 1932.

Eagles and Buffalos are 1 troy ounce AU exactly. Pre 33 gold is .975 OZ. I have read there are s-loads of pre-33 gold in foreign vaults because the law allows the US to redeem gold certificates (way back when) with $20 in gold coin or 1oz gold per $20 certificate.

Common date pre-33 gold (except perhaps in very high grades) have very little numismatic value, and the prices are propped up by the metal content. But they sure are cool.

PCGS rated coins also have are guaranteed to be real. With so many fraud coins out there these days it's a nice feature to have.

PCGS rated $20 St Gaudens will always have a premium over spot. They're just a bit more attractive to long term investors.

Whatever one does, buy from a reputable dealer. A dealer who you know tests their product before shipping. There are so many scams out there these days.

My jdbullion account got hacked. Unfortunately I stored a card and some guy in India bought a gold bar and shipped it to Boston. Cought it in time but beware
I would hope when your CC company saw a purchase sourced in Hyderabad they would nix it right away or text you to check whether it was fraudulent or not.

I would hope when your CC company saw a purchase sourced in Hyderabad they would nix it right away or text you to check whether it was fraudulent or not.
Nope. I actually was pulling into a jobsite. Got an order confirmation. Figured I would wait 5 minutes for a meeting. Got back to my phone 5 minutes later and had literally 250 emails from random newsletter sites confirming my subscription. Called sdbuillion and they canceled it very quickly. Then reported everything as spam
. Apparently people will try to hide an order confirmation in a shit ton of spam emails

Last edited:
Nope. I actually was pulling into a jobsite. Got an order confirmation. Figured I would wait 5 minutes for a meeting. Got back to my phone 5 minutes later and had literally 250 emails from random newsletter sites confirming my subscription. Called jdbuillion and they canceled it very quickly. Then reported everything as spam
. Apparently people will try to hide an order confirmation in a shit ton of spam emails
Good catch. I had one such experience with a credit card I never used. A $600 charge from Amazon appeared....the day before it was charged. I just happen to look at the card in my wallet that day after and wonder why I still had it and if there was a balance. Looked online and there it was. Talk about providence!

Good catch. I had one such experience with a credit card I never used. A $600 charge from Amazon appeared....the day before it was charged. I just happen to look at the card in my wallet that day after and wonder why I still had it and if there was a balance. Looked online and there it was. Talk about providence!
Good catch on you. Needless to say I spent 3 days changing passwords. Apparently my email and common password was part of a data breach. These people suck. I turned on Amazon feature where I had to put in a text number in order to log in. Day after the bullion thing I woke up to 2 texts from Amazon for login security numbers. I made all my passwords different and I know it sucks but I feel better. Fuggin aholes

Back
Top Bottom