Gold and silver prices are down

Today is the end of the month, and end of the quarter, and if gold closes above $1800 it would be an all-time quarterly close, and a hugely bullish move.

Going to be a battle today, $1796 right now. Silver close over $18.50 would be bullish also, but it's basically tied to gold.

I just inherited real silverware, a silver tea set and other silver dishes. These were from my Great Grandmother, circa 1910's The appraisal from Longs Jewelry done in the mid 1980's says it's worth over $10K, and yes I know appraisals are a joke. The silverware is engraved with a C but the tea set is not.

I'm thinking they are all going to be melted down but am open to ideas from the board. Anyone have an "in" at a refinary?
The real money is in who made it. Ask Skinner suctions if they are interested. If so they will give you a range estimate of what it should bring at auction. Or pay an appraiser and sell to a reseller that deals in vintage flatware.

The real money is in who made it. Ask Skinner suctions if they are interested. If so they will give you a range estimate of what it should bring at auction. Or pay an appraiser and sell to a reseller that deals in vintage flatware.

We did check around with a couple of jewelry stores and appraisers. There is no collector value and it's all off to the refiner

Up to $18.32 on silver today. Fingers crossed it rides higher.
It will. We may be too late for the “correction” If we’re holding off on buying in but standing firm is the way to go as we may be in this PM bull market for the next 2-3 years. Maybe more, maybe less, but surely we are still in infantile stages.

It will. We may be too late for the “correction” If we’re holding off on buying in but standing firm is the way to go as we may be in this PM bull market for the next 2-3 years. Maybe more, maybe less, but surely we are still in infantile stages.

Experts say 2-3 years cause that's a typical gold bull market, but we've never been in a permanent Fed printing loop like we are today. The gold bull market may not end til the Fed breaks the financial system. Of course that may not take 2-3 years at this rate.

Everything is compressed now, and miners are showing that I think. You've had 5 baggers in just 3 months in some stocks. Not just miners, but other sectors too.

Experts say 2-3 years cause that's a typical gold bull market, but we've never been in a permanent Fed printing loop like we are today. The gold bull market may not end til the Fed breaks the financial system. Of course that may not take 2-3 years at this rate.

Everything is compressed now, and miners are showing that I think. You've had 5 baggers in just 3 months in some stocks. Not just miners, but other sectors too.
Because of that very reason I’m not only holding but I’m still buying 😁

Yeah I put some orders in today, hoping for a small pullback in miners since gold wasn't able to break $1800. Without a major correction in overall stocks that's all we might get.
I put in even more retail market orders today. A few limits were cancelled after 24 hours. Lots of drilling news pouring in.

Gold and miners have come up so far that the short-term traders have their fingers on the trigger ready to sell. But when they do, the long-term buyers buy all the dips, so we'll see, it certainly looks very bullish. We'll get a healthy correction at some point, either now or maybe after we run up some more.

Gold and miners have come up so far that the short-term traders have their fingers on the trigger ready to sell. But when they do, the long-term buyers buy all the dips, so we'll see, it certainly looks very bullish. We'll get a healthy correction at some point, either now or maybe after we run up some more.
I’m prone to believe you but these days are pretty unprecedented and much different than 2011. IDK.

I’m prone to believe you but these days are pretty unprecedented and much different than 2011. IDK.

Fundamentals are certainly very different.

I think the PM bull market was like 2000 to 2011? And it only crashed in 2011 cause everyone thought QE would lead to inflation, and it didn't.

The bull market runup to 2011 didn't seem at all about a loss of confidence in the Fed, but this time I think it's very different - people are visualizing an end game, and that involves gold. Also, in 2011 gold was not a tier 1 asset - but now it is, and that's a huge difference. Banks can now own gold as a tier 1 asset like sovereign debt.

So everyone knows that any pullback in miners will be short term, so nobody wants to sell, lol. They will though, if the stock market crashes again, they'll be forced to sell miners and gold to cover bets in other markets.

I have been picking up physical silver lately to stick in one of my safes for a couple of reasons. First, silver has not appreciated much this year in value as a percentage as compared to the uptick in gold's price. I *THINK* it has more upside potential. Second, I have been giving much more thought to the potential disruptions that the ongoing rioting and COVID business shutdowns may have going forward. Silver, being much lower in value than gold, makes a nice bartering medium at $18.00 an ounce +/-. On the other hand, if we get a sudden, severe dip in gold's price, I'll grab another ounce or two.

I have been picking up physical silver lately to stick in one of my safes for a couple of reasons. First, silver has not appreciated much this year in value as a percentage as compared to the uptick in gold's price. I *THINK* it has more upside potential. Second, I have been giving much more thought to the potential disruptions that the ongoing rioting and COVID business shutdowns may have going forward. Silver, being much lower in value than gold, makes a nice bartering medium at $18.00 an ounce +/-. On the other hand, if we get a sudden, severe dip in gold's price, I'll grab another ounce or two.
There’s great speculation either way whether there is a big correction coming for PM’s or not. One thing is for sure. Having PM’s is a win win.

Silver is a great buy right now. It's a monetary metal selling at the price of an industrial metal. Also you have Comex banks suppressing the price of silver, which is much harder to do with gold. It was absurd to have the price of physical silver double and no see movement in the Comex price. But the banks can create digital silver out of thin air in endless quantities to meet any demand for silver futures. That trick only works cause no one wants to take physical delivery for their contracts when there are supply disruptions. That is ending now, and once futures traders can safely request physical silver for their contracts, the contracts will have to reflect the real price of silver, which is over $20 now.

Back
Top Bottom