• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gold and silver prices are down

I would not hesitate to buy/sell PMs on this site. If a member has +positive firearm sales why not PM's?
No matter who you buy from - site member or APMEX/JM/etc. your PMs are going to be "used" and sold at a wholesale rate when you want to convert them to ca$h.

If anyone's interested I'm selling 15 Canadian silver maple leaves in the yard sale section. I'm asking 300 cash will not separate. I live in Townsend Mass will drive 20 miles to meet the buyer

That's fine, as long as the used "wholesale" price is higher than the new "retail" price I paid when I bought them...
True.

With any investment, the value must rise to cover transaction costs. The percentage rise required of PMs is astronomical compared to the increase required to break even on a round trip stock or bond sale.
That'll be my kids' problem.
They also have the problem of remembering to report the income to the IRS [rofl]

For Apmex, if you're selling them more than $10K the spread is about 4%.

For me, having a small stash of PM's is for the bad stuff happening. When PM prices might or would skyrocket. So I'm not terrible concerned about the 4%. That's the commission I'm paying for some insurance...

If you watch the sales and buy when the premiums are low, you can get that down to 2% or less. In particular, I generally buy on eBay from a few well regarded sellers. They often have specials and I can pay with a CC without an increase in price, so I get air miles too. There are often limits on the quantity you can buy on specials but these are way above what I'm buying anyway.

True.

With any investment, the value must rise to cover transaction costs. The percentage rise required of PMs is astronomical compared to the increase required to break even on a round trip stock or bond sale.

Last edited:
Don't go nutty over silver and gold to quick. It's best to pay off your debt first, right after meeting your family's needs of course.
Then develop a strategy in which PM's make up a portion of your investments. Decide how much your family can afford weekly, monthly and yearly.
It may be only an oz. or two a month, but after time your stack will grow in weight and value.
Ultimately, God willing, you will hand it down at a ripe old age and a well-lived life to children you have taught to do the same.
~Matt

We will be debt free with mortgage. Should be good. Will be buying more guns ammo food etc and then gold/silver...

True.

They also have the problem of remembering to report the income to the IRS [rofl]

The whole point of PMs is they can't vaporize overnight when the Fed runs out of tricks.

What are the odds we'll even have an IRS by then?

The whole point of PMs is they can't vaporize overnight when the Fed runs out of tricks.

What are the odds we'll even have an IRS by then?

And PM's are historical stores of value across most every country and society with limited supplies available. World wide recognition and acceptance is important.

Back
Top Bottom