• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gold and silver prices are down

There's Ebay 8% cashback now so here's a couple APMEX deals:
British Gold Sovereigns are $285.60 after cashback. APMEX's buyback price is currently $297, so seems like a good price.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SPECIAL-PR...-SKU-152287-/112609605904?hash=item1a380e3910

Junk silver quarters for $16.88/oz, below spot after 8% cashback.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/90-Silver-Coins-10-Face-Value-Roll-Denomination-Varies-SKU-16485/141844788823?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

How do you get that 8% cash back?

10% Ebay bucks today, which is rare nowadays.
Makes for a couple excellent metals deals:
$20 Saint Gaudens MS-63 grade. The buy price at Apmex is $1302, and it's selling for $1234 after $100 Ebay bucks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SPECIAL-PR...950060?hash=item2130b2e0ac:g:VtEAAOSwvR5aDfPR
Apmex's site: https://www.apmex.com/product/123/20-saint-gaudens-gold-double-eagle-ms-63-ngc-random

Junk silver quarter roll, $0.61 below spot after 10% Ebay bucks. Some reviews claim they've found some valuable coins in these rolls but I'm sure that's YMMV.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/90-Silver-Coins-10-Face-Value-Roll-Denomination-Varies-SKU-16485/141844788823?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I'm not seeing the 10% Ebay bucks info anywhere. Any suggestions on where I might look?

Thank you,

Rich

10% Ebay bucks today, which is rare nowadays.
Makes for a couple excellent metals deals:
$20 Saint Gaudens MS-63 grade. The buy price at Apmex is $1302, and it's selling for $1234 after $100 Ebay bucks.

I'm not seeing the 10% Ebay bucks info anywhere. Any suggestions on where I might look?

Thank you,

Rich

You'd get an email if it was enabled.
Go to Account Settings, Communications preferences, Promotions and Surveys (at the bottom). Put a check next to General Email promotions.

You should start getting the Ebay bucks offers. If it's already checked, look on the front page of Ebay.com, should see a link to activate the 10%.

Thanks, I do get occasional eBay Bucks offers already, and that preference is set.

Seems like I was not on the list for this offer. I'm thinking I should sue or something. Maybe a class action suit. Or I'll start a protest group for old shits like me who don't get special eBay offers.

Oh, wait, my wife just put the bowl of shrimp out. I have a new priority!

:)

You'd get an email if it was enabled.
Go to Account Settings, Communications preferences, Promotions and Surveys (at the bottom). Put a check next to General Email promotions.

You should start getting the Ebay bucks offers. If it's already checked, look on the front page of Ebay.com, should see a link to activate the 10%.

Last edited:
Whats up with the cost of gold? Shouldn't it be going down with all the prospective news on taxes and the unemployment rate?

Or is it because we are increasing the debt while doing this?

Whats up with the cost of gold? Shouldn't it be going down with all the prospective news on taxes and the unemployment rate?

Or is it because we are increasing the debt while doing this?

It is going down. Physical gold buying is at a 9 year low, and that's despite strong buying by Indian and Chinese buying.

I'm talking like gold at 500 bucks.... Not small dips. What would need to happen for gold to drop back down under 1k?

Difficult to imagine gold under $1,000. There will be a lot of buying pressure at many increments between $1,250 and $1,000. I'd be cancelling Christmas, vacations, and birthdays to buy ounces at $1,000.

More 10% Ebay bucks deals.
Liberty Gold Double Eagle XF from Apmex, $1188 or $64 under spot after bucks.
SPECIAL PRICE! $20 Liberty Gold Double Eagle XF (Random Year) - SKU #159354 | eBay

1915 Austria Gold 1 Ducat BU, $134 after bucks. equivalent of about $40 under spot.
SPECIAL PRICE! 1915 Austria Gold 1 Ducat BU Prooflike - SKU #159415 | eBay

This is interesting, this was eligible for Ebay bucks initially, and would have been crazy cheap for BU Silver Eagles. But Apmex changed the category after a few hours to deny Ebay bucks. It makes me think the seller pays a percentage when Ebay offers bucks. Why else would they try to limit Ebay bucks? Maybe it's selling out too fast.
Daily Deal! Grab Bag of 5 -Random Year 1 Oz American Silver Eagle Coins SKU39414 | eBay

This deal is back and cheaper than before. The beautiful 2oz silver Scotland coins now for $18/oz after bucks. These are my favorite silver coins, fat and beautiful.

Only 2 left. They had a deal for a lot of 10 but that sold out.

Lot of 5 - 2018 Britain 2 oz Silver Queen's Beasts Unicorn of Scotland SKU49476 | eBay

A very rare under spot deal for US mint coin. $1233 after Bucks for a U.S. Mint 1 oz Gold Commemorative Arts Medal.

U.S. Mint 1 oz Gold Commemorative Arts Medal (Random) - SKU #8894 | eBay

Last edited:
I'm buying. Just not posting.

Good. I know people get discouraged with the neverending beat-down of PMs, but as long as the stock/bond market bubble is intact, PM prices will be artificially suppressed. I figure it's an ideal situation for those still building a stash.

I also think the Fed won't be able to continue raising rates for long, but they'll continue to do it as long as the market doesn't react negatively.

Back
Top Bottom