Gold and silver prices are down

Picked up some silver Morgans and Pamp Suisse bars....been trying to dollar cost average the last few years.

I need to look into gold and silver. I've had a couple friends recommend buying but never really knew much about it and how to approach it. Seems like it's a good time to buy?...

I need to look into gold and silver. I've had a couple friends recommend buying but never really knew much about it and how to approach it. Seems like it's a good time to buy?...

That's a tough question. Metals are down a bit over the past week, but still up quite a bit from where they were two months ago. So in that respect, maybe not a great time to buy.

However, if you don't have any, and you are buying to hedge against a complete economic meltdown, then any time is a good time to buy.

I have been at this for only a couple of years, and I have seen silver as high as $30 and as low as $12. I started buying when silver was almost $30. Sold several hundred ounces at around $18 to buy my house. Then I bought a lot more around $12-13 when it dropped again.

I try to accumulate on a regular basis when I can afford to, without paying a whole lot of attention to the market. If there is a significant drop, I might buy a little more, and if there is a spike, I might skip a month.

Like I said, hard question. And, obviously, don't take advice from me.

Thanks for the info guys. I'm a noob with this stuff and wasn't really planning on buying enough to hedge against a economic meltdown. Just thought it would be cool to own some gold and silver in hopes that it jumps in value in years to come....Maybe buy a few hundred dollars worth to get my feet wet...

Mclina I actually won a Karma from you a few years ago for 1 g of silver. Just looked at it the other day and noticed one corner of the bar has some tarnishing. Still love that AK-47 on the bar. Where do you get cool designs like that?

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys. I'm a noob with this stuff and wasn't really planning on buying enough to hedge against a economic meltdown. Just thought it would be cool to own some gold and silver in hopes that it jumps in value in years to come....Maybe buy a few hundred dollars worth to get my feet wet...

Mclina I actually won a Karma from you a few years ago for 1 g of silver. Just looked at it the other day and noticed one corner of the bar has some tarnishing. Still love that AK-47 on the bar. Where do you get cool designs like that?

You mean that one gram hasn't grown into a kilo by now? You must have planted it wrong.

I really don't remember where I got those from. Probably ebay.

I do buy most of my PMs from JM Bullion. After a few purchases they let you use echecks and it speeds up the process. Always had great service from them, and their prices are about as low as anybody's.

Good luck

I prefer SILVER.

When the SHTF who is buying REAL ESTATE ?

But BREAD - YEAH.

An Ounce of Silver may go a long way.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/142527298911

Lot of 5 2018 Silver Queen's Beast Coins

Promo code PROMONYCC takes off 20% which brings the price to 165.52 (like $0.50 below spot).

Code might no longer work, I can't tell cause i used it already.

Damn, I wish I had seen this last week. I've been investing in silver periodically for several years now, since it was down in the $13/oz range. That deal is back in stock (only a couple left) but the promo code has expired. Its $214 for 5 coins, which works out to like $21.50/oz which is significantly higher that the current spot price. ($17ish last I checked)

Damn, I wish I had seen this last week. I've been investing in silver periodically for several years now, since it was down in the $13/oz range. That deal is back in stock (only a couple left) but the promo code has expired. Its $214 for 5 coins, which works out to like $21.50/oz which is significantly higher that the current spot price. ($17ish last I checked)

yeah, it was a unique deal, and very short - it was going in and out of stock the whole time, I got lucky to get it. Wish it had been for 100 oz instead of 10. :)

Yes, which is ironic since Trump's tax cuts without spending cuts will increase debt and help gold long term.
There are a s-load of arguments why gold will trend higher, that only seem to have a random relation to reality. Debt load, ratio of gold to silver price, price vs. cost of production are all frequently offered by vendors who seem to think there is more money to be made selling you their gold than holding on to it for the long term.

Last edited:
There are a s-load of arguments why gold will trend higher, that only seem to have a random relation to reality. Dept load, ratio of gold to silver price, price vs. cost of production are all frequently offered by vendors who seem to think there is more money to be made selling you their gold than holding on to it for the long term.

Gold sellers are like everyone else, thinking short term.

But I think a lot of those reasons are partially baked in already, and the risk premium is why gold is $1200 not $300. Silver is the one that's cheap, since it hasn't benefitted as a 'safe haven' like gold has. Silver imo has almost no risk premium on it right now.

I want less digital fiat money and more hard assets in our possession. Gold is easier for us than real estate.

Any good deals on silver coins? I have some eBay bucks that are expiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^yeah me too.

Hoping somebody has another promo code for those 2oz british bullion coins that was mentioned on the last page.. ?? please?

Back
Top Bottom