Gold and silver prices are down

Is there a youtube video about this discovery?
Not sure. That was a expansion on what @not new guy posted and know nothing about the source. From what I know about the Golden Knights that would be a pittance.

I believe the author said a someone in his old Gold Panning Group found it in Arizona. The accompanying photo shows that it was poorly hidden under what looks like a slab of stone, or possibly a rotted rough-hewn door or wooden panel. Hard to tell...

Story could be made up to hide a different source of the loot. A B&E perhaps?

1635122659836.png

All those twigs or fragments or whatever of wood make it look like maybe it was better hidden at one point and the cover just disintegrated over time. Who knows though. All I have is that Twitter post.

Apparently it’s old, and USA Today says it’s fake because they don’t have any evidence.
Fact check: No evidence viral post shows buried treasure in Arizona

There is an excellent chance that report is fake, and the photo studio done. Just too perfect with the mix of goodies; studio quality photography, nicely done photo of the box in situ, etc. Plus look at the condition of the cards vs. currently roll which conveniently has a very rare, even for the time, edition on the outside of the roll. I'm going with "perhaps real artifacts but not found in the manner described".

There is an excellent chance that report is fake, and the photo studio done. Just too perfect with the mix of goodies; studio quality photography, nicely done photo of the box in situ, etc. Plus look at the condition of the cards vs. currently roll which conveniently has a very rare, even for the time, edition on the outside of the roll. I'm going with "perhaps real artifacts but not found in the manner described".

yeah and no way paper money survives not enclosed for a century.

Decent deal, plus I got a 5% ebay bucks offer this morning.

A coin over 100 years old in uncirculated condition containing. .9675 ounce of gold.

A coin over 100 years old in uncirculated condition containing. .9675 ounce of gold.

Saw that this morning but don’t really have $2k to spare. Out of stock now.

I think you got the last one, lol.

Been watching this thread for close to 5 years and I still can’t figure out how to use eBay bucks.

Been watching this thread for close to 5 years and I still can’t figure out how to use eBay bucks.

I get an email that looks like the following. Click activate. When you add an eligible item to your cart it will show a line that says "ebay bucks earned" or something like that. At the beginning of the next quarter you'll get a notice that your ebay bucks are redeemable for the next 30 days.

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 11.02.59 AM.png

Looks like it is back in stock.

glad im not the only one!

was just about to buy some silver on eBay. still unsure of the bucks thing

edit:
@richc , how does one get those 5% emails? I never seem to get them. maybe I have to update the email on file with eBay.

Looks like it is back in stock.

I picked one up as well.
What was your total price when you purchased? There was a price change between the time I added it to my cart and the time I checked out.
@richc You can PM me.

Last edited:

edit:
@richc , how does one get those 5% emails? I never seem to get them. maybe I have to update the email on file with eBay.

I'm not sure how and why I'm on the list. I just have been for quite a few years. Essentially eBay underwrites some PM purchases for me each quarter. Free money.

To be clear the eBay bucks don't apply to all purchases. I don't believe they apply to the purchase of newer PM coins. But anything in the pre-1933 gold coin category seems to work just fine.

I get an email that looks like the following. Click activate. When you add an eligible item to your cart it will show a line that says "ebay bucks earned" or something like that. At the beginning of the next quarter you'll get a notice that your ebay bucks are redeemable for the next 30 days.

View attachment 535761

Bucks now redeemable for a year!

edit:

Go into your settings and make sure the box is checked to receive marketing emails. You probably unsubscribed from ebay spam at some point.

Bucks hardly apply to much worth buying anymore in PMs. These St Gaudens from APMEX is the only good Bucks deal I ever see anymore.

Whenever there's a 5% Ebay Bucks deal live, I go check Apmex' deal list:

Everything seems to be about $125/oz over spot right now factoring 5% bucks, like these restrikes for example:

This would be the lowest, about $45 over spot per oz:

And Bucks aren't really cash either, but now that they're good for a year instead of 30 days, that makes it more attractive.

Whenever there's a 5% Ebay Bucks deal live, I go check Apmex' deal list:

Everything seems to be about $125/oz over spot right now factoring 5% bucks, like these restrikes for example:

This would be the lowest, about $45 over spot per oz:

And Bucks aren't really cash either, but now that they're good for a year instead of 30 days, that makes it more attractive.

having them be good for a year is huge, now you can actually build them up and get literal free coins

There's a book called Jesse James was one of his names. It makes the argument that Jesse faked his death and was able to do so because he had ties to the KGC. It also talks about him being a spy for the Confederacy.

I have not purchased any silver in a while. The premiums over spot have been at nose bleed levels. Not a fan.

Maybe I'll never be able to buy more. I dunno. I do believe silver has some solid potential to advance. But when I'm looking at a 15%+ premium over spot I'd rather just not participate.

I'm still buying silver in small amounts - usually a few select art bars or rounds each month. My instincts (which in full disclosure are usually wrong [laugh]) are that silver should appreciate significantly over the next few years so the premiums don't bother me.

I have not purchased any silver in a while. The premiums over spot have been at nose bleed levels. Not a fan.

Maybe I'll never be able to buy more. I dunno. I do believe silver has some solid potential to advance. But when I'm looking at a 15%+ premium over spot I'd rather just not participate.

Silver miners! ;)

Back
Top Bottom