• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Gold and silver prices are down

This is kind of cool. No idea if $70 is a good price, it's normally $90 at Apmex. 0.11 oz silver, they must have been cutting them to devalue them.

Went to the Manchester show over the weekend. Rolls of ASE were generally $585; gold eagles were generally $1865-$1900.

There was no shortage of silver, but gold eagles and buffalos were almost sold out, even with the vendors that are typically well-stocked.

This is kind of cool. No idea if $70 is a good price, it's normally $90 at Apmex. 0.11 oz silver, they must have been cutting them to devalue them.

That’s awesome. Maybe we can go back to the Feudal system again. I’m a land owner now so I can have my own feifdom, hire a few serfs, a knight crusader, and feast off the bounty of the land while diving in my own vault of gold and silver coins.

I bought one of the new style 1 ounce American Eagles. It looks like a beautiful coin. Like @Win, I also enjoy the beauty of coins. St Gaudens are my favorite.

I show people an old St Gaudens and tell them this used to be currency. People carried them. And for sure it was a LOT of money back then.

Most don't get it. I've beaten it into my kids' brains so they understand the notion of currency. Real and fiat.

Last edited:
That’s awesome. Maybe we can go back to the Feudal system again. I’m a land owner now so I can have my own feifdom, hire a few serfs, a knight crusader, and feast off the bounty of the land while diving in my own vault of gold and silver coins.

1633466526273.png

Last edited:
All my silver miners and sticks are getting beat down. I'm holding until I can get my money back. Not sure if that will happen with USAS...

Gold and miners rallied this week, I think a breakout is imminent, but we’ll see how sustained it is.

There were a few that didn’t move up this week and USAS was one of them unfortunately.

Last edited:
View attachment 531869
I know it’s silly, but I wish these were a more popular/cost effective option for stacking. At $39.99/oz on eBay, I don’t think I’d be able to buy enough to build a dog house to live in.
Yeah but if you do and paint it, it would be a great way to hide the silver in plain site.

Does this seem like a good/decent deal? I’ve made multiple offers below their asking price and none have been accepted...so I’m pretty sure their acceptable offer is their asking price.

I’ve decided to take the advice of someone a few pages back and buy some sterling silver as an investment/heirloom, but also to use every day to eat with as opposed to crappy Chinese ‘stainless’ garbageware we’ve all grown accustomed to eating with in this country.

PM’s look like they’re rallying this morning (I’m still trying to understand this market...I’m a total noob to investing and understanding the market as a whole and am very trigger shy when it comes to my hard earned money)

Any explanation for the mini-rally this morning that someone can dumb down for me?

I’ve decided to take the advice of someone a few pages back and buy some sterling silver as an investment/heirloom, but also to use every day to eat with as opposed to crappy Chinese ‘stainless’ garbageware we’ve all grown accustomed to eating with.
That item is re-listed with a $499 minimum bid.

Silver cutlery is not a decent "investment" unless you buy it at melt (and even then iffy, because unless you find a private deal, will have to sell it below melt) unless it is a very high end, collectable brand name - in which case the price is bid up.

Silver will lose it "newness" if used for everyday eating and will become distinctly "used" reducing its value. Triple that when one slides down the garbage disposal while it is running.

Plus, you have to count your spoons if some guest excessively professes his honesty.

Consider silver flatware like diamonds - buy at retail, sell below wholesale.

I've recently taken to buying sterling silver at yard sales when I see it. The below bowl cost me $2 (it did not include the silver I later put in it [laugh]) . The history of these is rather fun to investigate. They have hallmarks on the underside of the bowls which you can frequently backtrack to the silversmith and time period.

silverbowl.jpg
hallmark.jpg

There would be more cypto selling is people were really worried. Maybe this is the beginning of something but it may be just another blip. My sense is that it's going to take something dramatic to slap the complacency out of people.

There would be more cypto selling is people were really worried. Maybe this is the beginning of something but it may be just another blip. My sense is that it's going to take something dramatic to slap the complacency out of people.
Inflation report came in today @5.4% (answered my own question)

I tend to agree with you with my extremely limited knowledge. I think there are going to be a couple more really good times to buy before the excrement hits the helicopter rotor.

Could be just every single gold analyst, even the bullish ones, was predicting $1600 gold. Gold doesn’t like to be predictable.
Some are even predicting $1500 still and for the bull run to be on hold until 2023. Too many prophets out there. I remember in January BofA was saying $2500 gold by the end of 2021, lol. Some permabulls are still sticking to $5000 gold. It will go somewhere, sometime, and be at some price on its own terms.

Last edited:
Some are even predicting $1500 still and for the bull run to be on hold until 2023. To many prophets out there. I remember in Jan BofA was saying $2500 good by the end of 2021 lol. Some permabulls are still sticking to $5000 gold. It will go somewhere, sometime, and be at some price on its own terms.

My problem with the $1500 prediction is there are too many people who’d love to be able to buy gold at $1500, and get miners for free. It don’t work that way.

Back
Top Bottom