Gold and silver prices are down

Here's something I haven't seen in a long time, gold coin below spot after 5% Ebay Bucks.
I do own one of these and it’s fine but I’d rather buy a St Gaudens, I think deals on those will be coming. There is an ungraded one for line $90 over spot but I prefer the graded.

Last edited:
Here's something I haven't seen in a long time, gold coin below spot after 5% Ebay Bucks.
I do own one of these and it’s fine but I’d rather buy a St Gaudens, I think deals on those will be coming. There is an ungraded one for line $90 over spot but I prefer the graded.

Oos

Does seem like a good deal for gold bullion collectors but I'm too much of a numismatic snob to let someone else pick out coins for my collection [laugh]

There was discussion of this on CNBC today as well...

There was discussion of this on CNBC today as well...

Who says bankers don't have a sense of humor?

Market professionals say that is unlikely to succeed - there is plenty of silver, and central bankers in the United States and Europe expect inflation to stay in low single-digits.

No one can explain why silver hasn't sold off like gold, why it's holding stubbornly onto $26 when everything else (commodities and gold) has sold off.

Maybe this is why?

What inflation???

images

Simple truth is that with the stock market reaching new record highs every week, there’s just not much demand for gold and silver (and miners) among most investors. If you can make guaranteed easy money buying FAANG stocks why buy gold?

Gold is in a tough spot cause all this inflation talk makes investors think the Fed might raise rates (laughable but that’s what they think). And if inflation is transitory it’s a green for new stock highs which makes gold less interesting. Something will break eventually but until then just gotta wait it out and accumulate on selloffs.

I bought a couple of proof Walking Liberty coins today from the mint (new design)…I got the alert at noon and by 12:25pm they sold out at 300,000 coins. Not a limited mintage but that’s a lot of coins in <30 minutes.

I bought a couple of proof Walking Liberty coins today from the mint (new design)…I got the alert at noon and by 12:25pm they sold out at 300,000 coins. Not a limited mintage but that’s a lot of coins in <30 minutes.

Funny how the silver spot prices is down under $25 but a silver coin is still $35/oz.

Funny how the silver spot prices is down under $25 but a silver coin is still $35/oz.
The proof version with new design…I am embarrassed to say I paid $73 per coin. I have a collection from every year going back to 1996…I didnt want to miss out

I don’t like to pay over spot for junk silver but that may be hard these days.
Even with the wide spreads between spot and buy, I would expect to get below spot on a resale to any of the PM brokers. I have been avoiding PMs because of the lack of treatment as long term capital gains as well as the whole "buy at retail, sell at wholesale" thing.

Last edited:
I don’t like to pay over spot for junk silver but that may be hard these days.
Even with the wide spreads between spot and buy, I would expect to get below spot on a resale to any of the PM brokers. I have been avoiding PMs because of the lack of treatment as long term capital gains as well as the whole "buy at retail, sell at wholesale" thing.

I luckily was buying like crazy 2-3 years ago when silver and gold were unwanted (and EBay had huge cash back deals) so I don’t really need any more.

Back
Top Bottom