Going to Visit Family in NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm from NJ, was originally licensed in NJ for pistol permits (not a LTC) but now I've got a question.

I want to bring a rifle or 2 to my parents' house in NJ for the Thanksgiving holiday. The rifle is a Mini 14 that has a folding stock, pistol grip, flash hider, 30rd mags, etc... things that are not allowable in NJ (no such thing as pre-ban there).

So what I want to know is, having a license out of state, and a NJ FID card, do I have to leave this rifle in MA, or can I take it with me without any problems?

Leave them in MA. You can't bring anything to NJ. No way. Also, once you move to MA any permit you had from NJ becomes void even if the expiration date shown on it has not come yet.

Well, Chief, I can have and carry non-MA Compliant handguns that belong to my father, which are registered in NJ, in MA. I brought almost every firearm I own out to NV and AZ, I simply wanted to know if I bring a rifle registered in a different state to NJ, what laws I have to follow.

Next time I ask for your opinion, I'll give it to you.

If you have any facts to add, please feel free to do so.

Well, Chief, I can have and carry non-MA Compliant handguns that belong to my father, which are registered in NJ, in MA. I brought almost every firearm I own out to NV and AZ, I simply wanted to know if I bring a rifle registered in a different state to NJ, what laws I have to follow.

Next time I ask for your opinion, I'll give it to you.

If you have any facts to add, please feel free to do so.

Just gotta love it! A NJ bred ma**h***. That's a fact!

I think this turd of a thread is pretty much frosted.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom