• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Going to Braintree R&P this afternoon

scragglepoint said:
Lynne said:
C-pher said:
LenS said:
Now that makes me JEALOUS!!
+ <razzle frazzle> 1
+2
<sigh> Some folks have all the luck.

more like maing the hard decision on what's important in life and then looking for a place to fulfill the need.
My wife and I went from being SW engineers for Cisco and Lucent in Mass. to being an EMT and medical assistant in Maine.

we just had our offer accepted for a new place in Maine about 20 miles inland from where we are now. it's set for a May closing.
here's an aerial of the new place
aerial.jpg

house.jpg

it's 25 acres on the south side of a large hill, surrounded by 1000+ acres of nothing.

we've already figured out how we're going to split the land. 1/2 for my wifes horses and 1/2 for my shooting pleasures. it even has 2 large out buildings, one for her toys and one for mine.

oh, the picture in my banner is what our view is now.
anyone want to buy a 2,000 sq ft cape on 5 1/2 acres on wheeler's bay?

[shock] [shock] [shock]

I need to move... How far away is that from Biddeford???

scragglepoint said:
Lynne said:
C-pher said:
LenS said:
Now that makes me JEALOUS!!
+ <razzle frazzle> 1
+2
<sigh> Some folks have all the luck.

more like maing the hard decision on what's important in life and then looking for a place to fulfill the need.
My wife and I went from being SW engineers for Cisco and Lucent in Mass. to being an EMT and medical assistant in Maine.

we just had our offer accepted for a new place in Maine about 20 miles inland from where we are now. it's set for a May closing.
here's an aerial of the new place
aerial.jpg

house.jpg

it's 25 acres on the south side of a large hill, surrounded by 1000+ acres of nothing.

we've already figured out how we're going to split the land. 1/2 for my wifes horses and 1/2 for my shooting pleasures. it even has 2 large out buildings, one for her toys and one for mine.

oh, the picture in my banner is what our view is now.
anyone want to buy a 2,000 sq ft cape on 5 1/2 acres on wheeler's bay?

[shock] [shock] [shock]

C-pher said:
[shock] [shock] [shock]

2 hours north on rt 1
we're in Spruce Head, which is near Rockland.
we're moving to Washington ME which is half way between the coast and Augusta.

C-pher said:
[shock] [shock] [shock]

2 hours north on rt 1

C-pher said:
[shock] [shock] [shock]

2 hours north on rt 1

We have an office in Biddeford, the boss said that if I wanted to move to maine, I could work out of that office...

Problem is that my wife would need a job. And I heard down the line somewhere that property taxes are completely out of wack in ME. Don't know if it's true as it wasn't someone that lived up there.

We have an office in Biddeford, the boss said that if I wanted to move to maine, I could work out of that office...

Problem is that my wife would need a job. And I heard down the line somewhere that property taxes are completely out of wack in ME. Don't know if it's true as it wasn't someone that lived up there.

C-pher said:

the property tax anywhere near the ocean is high.
inland is cheaper.

I pay $10.50 per thousand for taxes, and that's on the coast.
the new place is 25 acres with 2000 sq ft house, 2 - 2 car garages and a 1 bedroom "guesthouse" will cost me $2,100 / year in taxes.

the problem is, the further north you go, the lower the salaries.
the biddeford area should still be good for salaries, and you can live inland between I95 and Rt 202, I would thin you could find a nice place with lots of land for a reasonable amount of money, and get a job off I95 somewhere between portland and Kittery without much problem.

Maine has some great gun laws, or lack thereof. you want a suppressed full auto? pony up the money, fill out the ATF form and it's yours. no state restrictions. you want it? you got the money? have a blast. you only need a gun permit if you want to carry concealed, you can carry open anywhere in ME with just your good record.

C-pher said:

inland is cheaper.

the new place is 25 acres with 2000 sq ft house, 2 - 2 car garages and a 1 bedroom "guesthouse" will cost me $2,100 / year in taxes.

the biddeford area should still be good for salaries, and you can live inland between I95 and Rt 202, I would thin you could find a nice place with lots of land for a reasonable amount of money, and get a job off I95 somewhere between portland and Kittery without much problem.

Maine has some great gun laws, or lack thereof. you want a suppressed full auto? pony up the money, fill out the ATF form and it's yours. no state restrictions. you want it? you got the money? have a blast. you only need a gun permit if you want to carry concealed, you can carry open anywhere in ME with just your good record.

C-pher said:

inland is cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom