• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Going shooting tomorrow with my best bud for the last time

My son and I are heading out with my buddy Dave to go shooting and say farewell tomorrow with a bang before he heads off to California for good on Monday. I have a 2 ARs , an ak-74, 92fs, glock 17 , a 900 round ammo can of ss109, a spam can of 5.45, about 500 rounds of 9mm handloads (freezer bag full), and a stack of zombie targets ready to go with us. I dont think we will burn through all the ammo but we are going to give it one hell of a try and have a blast doing so

My kid put in a request for transfer to get out of CA and it's gun laws. He can't take it any more.

I hope your friend gave you all his guns and ammo that CA considers illegal.

My kid put in a request for transfer to get out of CA and it's gun laws. He can't take it any more.

I hope your friend gave you all his guns and ammo that CA considers illegal.

Yes he did one of the ar15s we are shooting tomorrow are one of the few of that he gave me

I just got out of California at the beginning of this year. I loved my job there (nothing beats getting paid by the Navy to blow stuff up), and you're hard-pressed to find a region of the country more beautiful than the High Sierras, but everything else sucked about the state.

You need to tell him to visit calguns.net at http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php to prepare for his move....he very likely did not have to get rid of his AR-15. At worst, he would have had to swap out the lower receiver. At best, just a bullet button and a handful of 10-round mags. Neutered, yes, but he wouldn't have been out the cost of his investment.

Remember, amongst the states in the US only Texas has more gun owners than California. The gun community is huge and actively pursuing a rollback of the gun laws there (through the efforts of the Calguns Foundation, the NRA, and the Second Amendment Foundation).

California is a real patchwork state: It's either very conservative or very liberal depending on where your buddy ends up. The conservative voice has been choked out by the gerrymandering of the state districts. Consequently, the gun laws are probably a better aspect of living there than many other issues.

-Jason

Last edited:
Damn, California huh? That is like moving to East Berlin in 1978.

Well, enjoy your range trip and fairwell to your buddy. I hope he does well in the land of Fruits and Nuts.

Remember.... press 1 for service in english, or as i always say..... El Presso uno foro el serviceoh in english essay

Back
Top Bottom