• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Going rate for G-VG Ishapore 2A1

• Thread starter Deleted member 67409
  • Start date
Clearly it’s worthless. I’ll take it off your hands for you- I’ll even do it free of charge

Clearly it’s worthless. I’ll take it off your hands for you- I’ll even do it free of charge

Are you looking for a ishapore or just enfields in general. Small shop near me has a few nice enfields. I think they are all under $500?

There's a 2A1 for sale a town over from me and I'm wondering if $550, their consignment price, is fair. Appears to be a little high.

There's a 2A1 for sale a town over from me and I'm wondering if $550, their consignment price, is fair. Appears to be a little high.
If I where a collector and it was mint I might consider it , only 500k or so manufactured. Other than that I know nothing of Indian made guns. As for a shooter no way I would pay $500. I might top out at $375 IF I wanted a enfield built in India.

I'd agree it's a bit high. Two years ago when I was shopping Enfields (UK-made in 303, not Ishapore, but I encountered several of them), $350 or so was the going rate. By comparison, my 1942 Lee-Enfield ran me $420 in July 2017. Add a bit for market increase, and I don't think the Ishapore's at $550. I'd go closer to $425-$450 for a standard one, obviously condition and other factors will move the needle higher or lower from this baseline.

They used to be much less expensive. I bought the two I own for $200 each. I have seen them at shows in Texas and Arizona for $350 so $400-$450 maybe the asking price now. Good luck on your search. Try some of the smaller shops in New Hampshire if you have the time to travel.

They used to be much less expensive. I bought the two I own for $200 each. I have seen them at shows in Texas and Arizona for $350 so $400-$450 maybe the asking price now. Good luck on your search. Try some of the smaller shops in New Hampshire if you have the time to travel.

All the SMLE prices have shot up. Back when I started buying guns, a decent matching SMLE was about $175. Ishys were under a hundred, though only just. I offered a JJCO bitser about three years ago for $300 and it sold quickly enough that I know I could have gotten more, but I'd paid $130 for it and I don't want to be "that guy." I felt 300 was more than fair.

Like they say, they ain't making any more of these...

Back
Top Bottom