GOAL's Freedom Relay Rally

how many miles? I'm fat and need to lose weight. This walk could be a big help in that regard.

This would be a fun day to ride my motorcycle to the bridge and then to the common.
Fill the side cases with water bottles and save the top case for cloths.

my last longest walk before my surgery was 14 miles. I had some screws removed from my ankle just over 5 weeks ago and haven't really walked much at all since then. In fact I have done nothing to prevent me putting on 10 lbs while waiting for this to heal....18.6 miles......I'll need to uber back to my car....lol.

jk...I'll never uber....

how many miles? I'm fat and need to lose weight. This walk could be a big help in that regard.

You can walk as little or as much as you like, anywhere from a 1 mile relay leg to the entire route, it's up to the participants to decide.

ETA, an easy round trip for those interested in walking the entire route, from the Common hop on the green line over to North Station then take the MBTA back to Concord. You can Uber or taxi over to wherever you parked, or walk if you still have gas left in the tank.

Seems like it'd be useful for any willing people at the endpoint to ferry people who need rides back to their cars in Concord, if possible.

I took my family to north bridge this past Sunday.
It was awesome!
We watched the 20 minute video in one of the visitor centers.
That video was worth the whole ride!
Who knew history could be so much fun!!

DSCF1329.jpg
DSCF1310.jpg
DSCF1311.jpg

Last edited:
Folks, just a quick reminder about the meeting tonigt at the GOAL office. See you there at 6:30

Folks, we were unable to secure permits for the start and end points for this event. Before anyone gets huffy, it's not an anti thing. I personally talked to the fellow that's in charge of handing them out, and he would have had no problem setting us up if there wasn't already a bunch of events planned for every weekend day in October and early November. Apparently, October and April are the busiest months for events on the Common, and we just didn't get in early enough.

We're going to shelve this idea for the time being, and plan something bigger - possibly on or close to the day the next legislative session starts.

Please stay tuned.....

Thanks again to all that volunteered.

Thanks for the update! Guess I can stop training for the long walk now.[smile]

Thanks for trying and please keep us posted.

Just a reminder, we have a great opportunity to speak directly to Healey this Wednesday October 5th in Worcester, GOAL is asking members to join them in protest and to speak out about Healey's abuse.

Details:

October 5, 2016 AG Healey Protest - Speak Out

GOAL has learned that Attorney General Maura Healey is hosting “Attorney General Community Action Hours” where she wants to hear from people who are being discriminated against. On July 20, 2016 AG Healey launched a massive discriminatory campaign against licensed gun owners in MA, where she declared hundreds of thousands of people “felons in waiting”. She did this without vetting from the courts and without debate from the legislature. Please join us October 5th in Worcester to protest AG Healey’s actions and to speak out against her abuse and discrimination.

Click here for more info

Last edited:
Just a reminder, we have a great opportunity to speak directly to Healey this Wednesday October 5th in Worcester, GOAL is asking members to join them in protest and to speak out about Healey's abuse.

Details:

I have the week off and will try to be there, not much of a talker but will add to the crowd....

Back
Top Bottom