GOAL's Civil Rights and Public Safety Act

Anybody read "The Outdoor Message" yet?

GOAL is going to start a new campaign and a new web site.

http://www.goal.org/MassGunLawReform.htm

There are SO many places to make changes. I suggest the high capacity/low capacity thing for starters, and a definitions table for a second, so everything is defined in ONE place. This means for handguns, rifles, shotguns, ammunition, etc.

I'm sure that everybody has a pet peeve and issues with all various aspects from carrying to hunting to costs to administration. Here are a few posts for starters:

It would be nice to have more regular announcements via email regarding proposed legislation and what GOAL would like us to do to either support or protest. I don't check the GOAL site as much as I should but when I do there is always some interesting read.

I'm willing to send emails, write letters, make phone calls, etc, but I need to know who to call and regarding what.

Odd. I used to get the alerts but haven't for quite some time. I'll have to fix that. Thanks for the info guys.

FYI, this doesn't look like just any old proposed legislation. This looks to be the BIG DEAL, the WHOLE ENCHILADA, the ... well, you get the idea. They are proposing an ENTIRE REWRITE of all Mass. gun laws!!! It is about time, and thank you, GOAL.

I just pulled the Message from my PO box this afternoon. Not to belittle GOAL, but I will have to look it over in the morning.

Knowing Jim and the rest of the GOAL staff it will be towards a less restrictive law (in my field, special education) this is a great thing. Personally I would love i.e. donate money towards removing the need for an FID for any long guns or pepper type sprays, or towards purchasing ammunition.

My concern with this is that opening up the law to changes, especially large significant ones, allows radicals to throw in some ringer like the last minute, highly unethical and possibly illegal hughes amendment. Not sure this wouldn't be better handled piecemeal.

My concern with this is that opening up the law to changes, especially large significant ones, allows radicals to throw in some ringer like the last minute, highly unethical and possibly illegal hughes amendment. Not sure this wouldn't be better handled piecemeal.

I tend to agree. We all saw what happened to Gun Law changes approved in June. I'd rather open the door a bit and see what's lurking than open it fully and have the mob rush in. Perhaps I'm over cautious, or perhaps too much of a realist. I will continue to support GOAL.
Best Regards.

Wait for it.

Better law, easier language, simpler to "get tough" on criminals, less traps for those who never intended to commit a 'crime'. Oh yea, and a more streamlined process that will save the state MILLIONS.

Of course, the anti's can try to add stuff. And then they will be placed on the hot seat to justify it in light of the past 10 years of FAILURE.

The draft I've seen isn't perfect, but it is really the right step. I'll leave it to Jim to explain the details, but 2009 is going to be the year to make a mark.

The only question is will MA gun owners stand together in solidarity, or will they bitch and moan like they tend to about little things and allow the entire push to fail or worse?

A lot of work has already gone into this and many more long hours are ahead. But in the end, it is ONLY by the pressure of VOTERS contacting their reps and senators and making them know how you feel will results happen.

Are YOU ready to stand fast?

I wish GOAL would pepper some billboard with the "Decade of Disaster" right next to Rosen-Douche's propaganda.

In the comments section under Rosenthal's latest diatribe in the Globe those stats were published by someone...don't know if it was one of us but I appreciate the person who took the time to put them online.

I've mailed out a letter to each of the members of the committee requesting them to support this bill (http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=823012#post823012). I hope everyone does so as well. It's only $7 to do so and I think is a lot more effective than just sending an email. It's a little harder to ignore paper than it is an email.

This is probably a stupid question but will this bill affect the existence of the EOPS rosters? I assume yes but when digging through the Mass gov website section 131.5 (http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/140-131.5.htm) and section 131.75 (http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/140-131.75.htm) are listed as their own sections and the bill repeals 130 - 131p. Are 131.5 and 131.75 included in that range?

I sent a letter to each committee member and copied my reps; faxed them where I could and emailed those who didn't have a fax number listed on their homepage. I was sure to note that I sent a letter to every committee member.

One of the sponsors (and member of the committee) wrote back to me on Saturday! But then again - he was a sponsor. Let's see if any of the non-sponsors respond.

Back
Top Bottom