GOALs accomplishments

mikeyp

NES Member
Can anyone(@Knuckle Dragger ?) post the success that GOAL has had? I thought there was a post but can't find it. A friend of mine doesn't know of any and I know there's been a bunch

I don't think GOAL sues people or organizations.

GOAL lobbies in the State House to promote 2A and prevent anti 2A causes.

Of course they do tons of other things, but does not file lawsuits.

Am I right on that?

I don't think GOAL sues people or organizations.

GOAL lobbies in the State House to promote 2A and prevent anti 2A causes.

Of course they do tons of other things, but does not file lawsuits.

Am I right on that?

I thought they were involved? Like the one about Maura and her BS. I can rename the thread

When we had a gun-grabbing warrant article in Town Meeting a few years back, GOAL was tremendously helpful to us. Will forever be grateful to them.

Oh yeah. There is that...

GOAL wants to go to SCOTUS

GOAL wants to go to SCOTUS

I guess I was thinking in general terms that Comm2A files lawsuits and GOAL are lobbyists.

One thing that would be really nice is to understand how close or how far they are from their goal. I donated but now I feel like it went into a black hole.

I dunno. Jim's a big guy. How many lunches are we buying with our membership dollars?? (I'M KIDDING! I love Jim - and he was a "big guy" before he came to GOAL. LOL. Much respect for him.)

I don't know about specifics but they are holding back the dyke preventing a total collapse 24/7.

Oh I know they've done a lot and we'd be even more screwed than we are without them(and Comm2A etc.) I just wanted actual to show him "look here, this is what they've done"

Oh I know they've done a lot and we'd be even more screwed than we are without them(and Comm2A etc.) I just wanted actual to show him "look here, this is what they've done"
I not for their work in 2014, we'd all be speaking German right now (just a phrase frens)...

And HK's and Glocks would even more illegal along with a 5 round limit - it would be illegal to say their names even in German.

AR's would have been confiscated door to door along with all mags that hold over 10 rounds.

Linsky would be celebrating on his third Emu.

Turning the 2014 law from sheep to shinola - a net positive was their biggest accomplishment IMHO.

Amongst other things, they keep tabs on what the politicians are trying to do in regard to our Civil Rights & run excellent trainings ...

They hold umpteen million trainings, bringing countless new people into the gun owning world, SAFELY.

They stay on top of the legislative process as much as they can, but we all know that is very difficult in this state.

My concern is that I hope Jim is mentoring somebody along, so when it comes time for him to retire or move along, that there are one or more people who can pick up right where he leaves off. In fact, that should be a MAIN PRIORITY of the GOAL board of directors. Not only to prepare for the future, but it might not be a bad idea to have a few people with different "styles" or "approaches" to work on things from different angles. Most important is to open communications. GOAL also needs to pull law enforcement into our camp. I think an in-state version of the type of competitions the NRA does would be a fun way of bringing them over to our side just a little more. GOAL could also get more involved in training in the school systems. It is not as bad as some people imply it is.

One thing that would be really nice is to understand how close or how far they are from their goal. I donated but now I feel like it went into a black hole.

It’s the courts, this could take years. They’ll need a war chest of money to fight it, and that’s assuming SCOTUS will hear the case.

It’s the courts, this could take years. They’ll need a war chest of money to fight it, and that’s assuming SCOTUS will hear the case.

It would be nice if they said "we estimate it will take a million dollars to fight this in court and right now we are couple hundred thousand short" etc etc. This way if they aren't meeting their goals I can make another donation.

Gun Owners' Action League of Massachusetts - GOAL.ORG

Their website does a good job of explaining what they do as do their social media posts.

You know Eddie Coyle is heavily involved, right?

as President of GOAL. Jim is Executive Director

Kind of; Jim Wallace, the one we see on TV and hear on the Radio, is the Executive Director.

Jim, E. C., is the President of the Board of Directors. These are legal definitions for filing purposes.

The only place I hear Jim Wallace referred to as 'President' is in the press.

Kind of; Jim Wallace, the one we see on TV and hear on the Radio, is the Executive Director.

Jim, E. C., is the President of the Board of Directors. These are legal definitions for filing purposes.

The only place I hear Jim Wallace referred to as 'President' is in the press.

That’s what he said. I am aware EC is el Presidente. He keeps it low key so I didn’t want to out him if he didn’t want to be outed.

Back
Top Bottom