GOAL Urges Members to Contact Boston Police Commissioner and Ask Him Not to Endanger

GOAL

NES Member
GOAL Urges Members to Contact Boston Police Commissioner and Ask Him Not to Endanger Massachusetts Families

In recent months, the Boston Police have unveiled a plan, falsely dubbed “Safe Homes,” to conduct warrantless searches of homes in specific troubled neighborhoods. The supposed intent of this plan is to confiscate guns and illegal drugs from criminals that might be hiding these items in their homes.

While Gun Owners’ Action League certainly supports getting guns and illegal drugs out of the hands of criminals, we are very concerned that the city has chosen to circumvent the constitutional process for legal searches. We are even more concerned that the city has promised not to arrest or even file charges against the criminals involved.

“By confiscating the guns and illegal drugs and not putting the criminals involved in jail, the City of Boston will be putting us all in danger,” said Jim Wallace Executive Director of GOAL. “If the City of Boston goes through with these warrantless searches and confiscates these items without imprisoning the criminal, that means they have left a criminal on the streets who is now in the market to replace these items. Now the criminals will rob more people to get the cash to buy illegal drugs and invade more homes trying to steal our legally owned guns. This entire policy is incredibly irresponsible and poorly thought out!”

GOAL is urging all of our members, regardless of where they live in Massachusetts, to contact the Boston City Police Commissioner and ask him not to endanger Massachusetts families by following through with this new program. Ask him to keep all of our Homes Safe!

The Commissioner can be reached at:

Email: http://www.cityofboston.gov/police/contact.asp

Phone: 617 343 4200

Boston Police Headquarters
One Schroeder Plaza
Boston, MA 02120-2014

Just posted this:

What kind of stupid are you? I just read the GOAL press release criticizing Safe Homes. I was already against this heavy handed push to get around the 4th, but their arguments about leaving criminals on the streets is just so common sense! What are you thinking? I don't need your thugs to come to my home looking to restock.

http://goal.org/news/bostonpolicecomm.htm

Back
Top Bottom