GOAL should investigate Northeast Trading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else think that GOAL should investigate some of the allegations against Norheast Trading?

They rate politicians and their voting records why not get to the bottom of the ammo fiasco once and for all. Or did they do this already?

This would be a perfect article for GOAL or would it turn out to be a big "No comment" from Northeast.

I think GOAL has enough on their plate without starting to police retail stores.

Madmarek, you and all the others that want protests and boycott's should just take care and not worry about GOAL or NET. The market will be the one to decide what happens to NET, and so far it seems that the market is quite happy to have NET, and Ted serving them in N. Attleborough.

While Ted may have done some things YOU don't like, killing another working gunshop in Massachusetts is not in MY interesst.

A lot of things can be ruined by rumors and allegations.

I for one, if innocent in a situation, would fight like crazy to prove myself.

I know all that GOAL needs all the help it can get, but if this is all true maybe they could not accept their adversiving dollar... they're in the Outdoor Message every month.

Maybe we can put together a donation equal or greater than what the advertisement is and send it to GOAL.

GOAL does not own or receive any funds from advertising in The Outdoor Message. It is a separate corporation that GOAL pays to publish our news.

I know all that GOAL needs all the help it can get, but if this is all true maybe they could not accept their adversiving dollar... they're in the Outdoor Message every month.

Maybe we can put together a donation equal or greater than what the advertisement is and send it to GOAL.

No. GOAL has better things to do than waste resources on that rat bastard....

-Mike

The RAT hasn't done anything illegal. This "concerned citizen" is simply trying to shut down out of state component and ammo sales, and drastically increase our shooting costs while lining his own pockets. Anything GOAL might try in this area would be counter productive.

I cannot understand how anyone can view the RAT in a positive light; he has sold us out! Ostracism, i.e. boycott, is the only solution.

I can see the headlines now.
Firearms lobbying organization looking to win allies on Beacon Hill for loosening firearms laws ostracizes law abiding citizen for reporting shops selling illegal and dangerous guns to an unsuspecting public. Proposes bill but can't find sponsors or votes.

Any questions???

GOAL should be fighting for our "political collective rights". Which store we shop at is an individual decision which GOAL should stay out of.

This is an issue that individuals should deal with by not patronizing the establishment and letting the owner know why.

I do not feel that this issue is within the scope of GOALS agenda.

Just my .02.

[horse]

why does everyone want someone else to do their work for them? If you don't like what the rat did, do what I do: don't shop there (despite his reasonable ammo prices and superior reloading section[crying]).

GOAL has no business in this matter IMO.

Here is one post that sums it up pretty well:

Quote from Vellnueve:

Guys, since this is a review thread, why not just make your comments concise and professional.

To summarize for those who are looking for an honest opinion, NET has a good selection, good prices, and they are knowledgeable and friendly.

The downside, however, has recently come to light.

NET's Ted Oven has been accused of selling out the new Foxboro Bass Pro Shops to the AG for violating regulations applying to the EOPS list (selling non-EOPS items) as well as those not meeting the AG's regulations. Now, if that were all, one might not be all that concerned because the AG was going to find out nonetheless. However, one must factor in the additional information that recently came to light. Oven has apparently in the past, recently confirmed by a respected member of the community, been one of the people ratting out online dealers for shipping ammunition to Massachusetts. This resulted in several companies being sued and has prevented many big name companies from dealing with Mass resident, all because they hurt his sales.

Make your own choice. When it was just the AG/EOPS stuff, I wasn't that concerned. But when this info about the online sales stings came out, I decided to no longer patronize his establishment.

Taken in context of the MA laws and the general environment for gun owners in this state - Ted is a dick.

Edit: and I will add that even though I was probably unlikely to ever patronize NET because they are too far away for me (I shop at Collectors and Four Seasons) - he has cost me money. Absent his interference I might be able to find more places willing to sell ammo mail order to me.

Ted's urge to act like a dick has directly cost me time and money and limited my choices. He gets a dickhead of the year award for that . And it is why I remembered the older threads and knew where to go look when Negotiator asked what the problem was.

Last edited:
Does anyone else think that GOAL should investigate some of the allegations against Norheast Trading?

GOAL needs to worry about its credibility with the legislature, and avoid exposing a weak underbelly to the enemy. Just consider the PR fodder GOAL would be handing Rosenthal on a silver platter if they started to officially condemn a citizen for reporting a violation of state regulations to the government for enforcement. The other side could reasonably argue that GOAL was upset at people who reported violations of the law to the government, and that GOAL's action was no different than the gang "Stop Snitchin" T-Shirts.

Probably a good idea to keep our dirty laundry between ourselves. I say let the free market system work. If enough people in the gun world learn of this and are upset enough by it to impact Northeast Trading's sales, I suspect they'll learn a lesson.

[horse]

why does everyone want someone else to do their work for them? If you don't like what the rat did, do what I do: don't shop there (despite his reasonable ammo prices and superior reloading section[crying]).

GOAL has no business in this matter IMO.

Totally agree with this.

Remember, the only reason NET could do this was because of our draconian gun laws in Massachusetts.

In other words, if we didn't have a bunch of gun-grabbing AGs and Beacon Hill busybodies, there would be no opportunity to "rat" out any online retailer or Bass Pro Shops or whoever.

Ultimately, GOAL should focus on it's core mission and these problems will be greatly mitigated going forward.

Taken in context of the MA laws and the general environment for gun owners in this state - Ted is a dick.

Edit: and I will add that even though I was probably unlikely to ever patronize NET because they are too far away for me (I shop at Collectors and Four Seasons) - he has cost me money. Absent his interference I might be able to find more places willing to sell ammo mail order to me.

Ted's urge to act like a dick has directly cost me time and money and limited my choices. He gets a dickhead of the year award for that . And it is why I remembered the older threads and knew where to go look when Negotiator asked what the problem was.
+1000 Well Said !! Anybody who wants to buy a gun or some ammo in this state has been affected by the past actions of Ted. He clearly wanted to put his own profit ahead of the interest of anyone interested in the shooting sports. How anyone could ever even think of setting a foot in his store is beyond me. Check ALL the past threads about NET if you need more reasons to stay away from "The Rat's Den ". [smile]

I am not a NET customer and probably won't be after what I have read here.

All we can do as retailees is not shop there.

That said, I also refuse to buy any new S&W because I think their actions in the past had a lot to do with the current list of guns we can't buy in this state now.

Apparently my little boycott hasn't put them out of business.

That horse is getting ripe.
I agree that maybe this is old news for us who have been on NES for a long time. Some of these threads that seem old news to us also inform newcomers about important facts that might help them make a better decision on where to make their next gun or ammo purchase. We certainly wouldn't want one of our fellow gun owners to set foot into a gun shop that has done as much damage as NET has now would we ?[smile][smile]

I am not a NET customer and probably won't be after what I have read here.

Well, I am a NET customer.

Correction: Make that a former NET customer. They've definitely lost my business as a result of their decision to rat out Bass Pro (twice) and to rat out online ammo dealers to Martha Coakley's office.

In fact, I went to Bass Pro and made my weekly purchase their last night (and make an online order too).

Bottom line is this: Enemies of freedom are everywhere. Some of them are obviously unscrupulous gun and ammo dealers.

How about before anyone else steps forward and says "GOAL should...." take a minute and ask yourself "what am I doing?".

A lot of things can be ruined by rumors and allegations.

I for one, if innocent in a situation, would fight like crazy to prove myself.

Sometimes the crazier you fight to prove your innocense the more guilty you can look.

I have no vested interest in the outcome of any investigation or with the success or failure of NET and I am not a Ted apologist.

However, after reading as many posts as I can about this subject there appears to be a few of common factors....

1. There is much emotion about the subject and many many opinions expressed based on emotion and a rolling snowball.

2. It appears that in posts that are more than a year old Ted acknowledges calling AG once about 3 years ago regarding BP selling non-compliant guns (perhaps this is enough to earn the reaction from those who wish to boycott him).

3. Accusations of other calls and actions appear to stick pretty easily to the guy because of the call he admits to making.

4. In the latest Bass Pro (22a-1) incident I have yet to see anyone say that they know first hand of who said what to whom. Even C-Pher was very careful to say that all he knew for sure was that a person in Bass Pro stated his reason for returning the firearm was based on something said to him at NET. In none of the posts was it even confirmed that the statement came from an NET employee. (Am I missing something??)

5. C-Pher has said that he was going to try to visit Ted and ask about it. I have not heard any result of that either. (C-Pher, did you ever learn anything substantial?)

I was told by another NES member that he believed this stemmed from a person who wanted to return the gun and refund policies being what they are this became a means to an end.

I would very much like to know the whole truth of the matter as I am sure many of you would as well.

Is there anyone who can place facts and names on this? I agree with depicts who said.....

I think GOAL has enough on their plate without starting to police retail stores.

Madmarek, you and all the others that want protests and boycott's should just take care and not worry about GOAL or NET. The market will be the one to decide what happens to NET, and so far it seems that the market is quite happy to have NET, and Ted serving them in N. Attleborough.

While Ted may have done some things YOU don't like, killing another working gunshop in Massachusetts is not in MY interesst.

It has been stated before in lots of threads that it is believed the AG has trolls reading and posting here. This one issue must have them rolling in the aisles while they watch us devour a 2A supporter and enmity among us spreads.

Respectfully,

-R

I think Ted has done more in the line of KILLING our ability to purchase firearms and ammunition then I could ever dream of doing with a post .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom