GOAL Seeking Information on Club Range Closures

GOAL

NES Member
GOAL Seeking Information on Club Range Closures

GOAL has heard from a few clubs that local authorities have directly ordered them to close their ranges. GOAL would like to gather information on these orders. If your club was given such an order, please have a club officer or GOAL club representative contact us.

Please send this information to [email protected]

Years ago when I was a member of North Grafton, Fish, Game, and Bird club we were ordered by the town to shut down. After hiring a lawyer we learned that a town has no right or jurisdiction to shut down a privately owned gun club. Once we learned that, if I remember correctly, we commenced activities while the false accusations were being investigated. We also stopped paying a license fee to the town that we had been paying for over 50 years.

Years ago when I was a member of North Grafton, Fish, Game, and Bird club we were ordered by the town to shut down. After hiring a lawyer we learned that a town has no right or jurisdiction to shut down a privately owned gun club. Once we learned that, if I remember correctly, we commenced activities while the false accusations were being investigated. We also stopped paying a license fee to the town that we had been paying for over 50 years.
Yup. I remember that. A guy over the hill claimed he heard bullets whizzing by his back yard and found unfired bullets on his roof.

Back
Top Bottom