GOAL Response To AG Healey’s Actions - Rally Sat 7/23 @ 10:00 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of us pick up the phone and call your rep today - ask them if they saw what was pulled together in 2 days. Ask them about the 'Upskirt Law'. Tell them to fix this today.

No, I was wearing my official retired guy Hawaiian shirt.

Channel 5 says that there were about 600 people there. The video was either before it began or after most people left. At the height of the rally, that circle was packed solid and people were standing out in the street, plus people were standing behind us down on the Common because there was no room on that side either. I'd guesstimate 3-4K people.

You were standing right next to me. Actually, I think you were slightly to my left and behind me. Standing on the stone bench?

I was just in front of the bench.
Were you wearing the orange NES shirt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

as an FYI.....in case you plan to go to future rallies there...I parked at Zero Charles Street in the Boston Common Garage. I was there for 2 1/2 hours and it only cost $14.00.

You were standing right next to me. Actually, I think you were slightly to my left and behind me. Standing on the stone bench?

Great turn out today. Better, I think, than the Jan. 2013 rally. Not quite as large as the rally on the Common some months later, but still a large turnout.

I was standing very close to this too.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought it was a great turnout. lived the packed tour buses, trolleys and duck boats going by. They got see the first amendment in action.

I loved seeing the female driver of one blowing her horn and pumping her fist, went by twice doing it.

It's time to get Healey and Bakers address... We need to be protesting at their houses. 1000s of angry people showing up at their doors, blocking their driveways, and keeping them up all night while we fight for our rights.

It's time to get Healey and Bakers address... We need to be protesting at their houses. 1000s of angry people showing up at their doors, blocking their driveways, and keeping them up all night while we fight for our rights.

yeah, their neighbors will love it...lol

Great rally. Went into the state house afterwards and actually talked to my Rep and left a message for my senator. Ken Gordon (my rep) was receptive to it but didn't seem like he really cared about the issue, more so about how AG went about introducing her directive.

I'm sure their houses are guarded with assault rifles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

no doubt. She already screwed the 2nd she might as well have her JBT's squelch the 1st on her behalf while she's at it.

yep

Few random thoughts:

People there were extremely courteous to the tourists, motorists, and cops. I saw one tourist drop a few brochures and walk away, they were picked up immediately after and put into the trash. Several cars gave thumbs up and honked horns, several tourists in trolleys did as well. Channel 5 had a helicopter fly over around 1130, too bad it wasn't at 1000. Spoke to a woman who was wishing she and her husband knew about the rally, they would have made signs + shown up earlier. The dude with the electronic sign on a trailer was awesome.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Few random thoughts:

People there were extremely courteous to the tourists, motorists, and cops. I saw one tourist drop a few brochures and walk away, they were picked up immediately after and put into the trash. Several cars gave thumbs up and honked horns, several tourists in trolleys did as well. Channel 5 had a helicopter fly over around 1130, too bad it wasn't at 1000. Spoke to a woman who was wishing she and her husband knew about the rally, they would have made signs + shown up earlier. The dude with the electronic sign on a trailer was awesome.

Yep! I had a few torusitsts stop and chat and ask what was going on. Explained why we were protesting and they were with us. Really cool (both were from states much farther South).

Channel 5 got there late, but they got there. Which explains why they said that there were 600 people. Whoever they talked to at BPD obviously wasn't there.

Few random thoughts:

5f52eae904c3dc9fd8e076296860b687.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

one of the top 5 signs there.

So glad my wife and I made it. I've never been so happy to be around so many fellow felans. We were there from 9:30 to 11 and I'd put the crowd then at 1500+ between both sides of the street. "Fix it now" works as a chant, but I like the sound of "repeal it now" a lot better. We should use this overreach to push for dropping the AIR all together.

My wife took tons of pictures that I'll share here as soon as she gets them all off the camera and uploaded.

There was a lady poking her head out of the door on the state house balcony. I called her out, "we see you, repeal the law" and she went back into her cave.

Sent from my misspelling device

Great job everybody! Awesome turnout.

Serious thanks to all the guys who brought water for folks, too.

Did you see the kid walking around offering donuts to everyone? He was shouting "free loopholes here". LOL it was awesome. What a great turn out today. Everyone needs to stay active and at the ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom