GOAL Response To AG Healey’s Actions - Rally Sat 7/23 @ 10:00 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kidding right? [rofl]

No. They are sponsoring a rally which I expect 1000+ to attend on a 95* day. Id expect them to at least coordinate someone to sell water. I know I wont die, but Id almost expect a heat casaulty.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

Effing NRA nuked my facebook post urging people (and them) to support Comm2A on their posting about the rally. WTF.

well cue my $hocked face [hmmm]

- - - Updated - - -

9db7621f47f3ad67a37b3af9cd465fe9.jpg

Got a tshirt made for the rally. Suggestions for captions??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How about F*CK YOU HEALEY

Not a word out of the Leominster Sportsmen's Association. [crying]

I emailed the club president and secretary last night suggesting an email blast -- if anyone here knows any of the officers personally please call and ask them what's up, although I am disappointed at this late hour.

I've been to two of our previous rally's and really want to attend this one. Is anyone from the Cape driving in that I could catch a ride with? I can't walk any distances anymore so taking the T to South station, then walking to the statehouse isn't going to work.

I will be going tomorrow, will drive in and take the T in from Alewife.

Stopped at Staples got some poster board.

As for posters themes -- I think signs should speak to those who might have the power to help us. Signs might point out to politicians how Healy has made them appear castrated. These folks do not like to be made to look weak, even by someone in their own party.

"Senators & Reps is Healy now your boss?"
"Senators & Reps do your voters know Healy has taken your place?"
"Senators & Reps does Healy make the laws?"
"Senators & Reps what will you let Healy do next?"
"Senators & Reps is it Healy that keeps you in office?"
"Senators & Reps if Healy makes laws what do we need you for?"
"Gov Baker, admit it Healy owned you!"

Do you guys have more on this theme?

P.S.> I have been handing out a lot of Rep Points and I will continue to do so, there are loads of people here who deserve an "Attaboy". Not least of which is ADMIN, this past few days must have meant a tremendous load on bandwidth - if you are not green go green.

I had big plans and cancelled them so I can head in tomorrow. It was disheartening today to talk to people and constantly hear them say " I would but we have plans". WTF is wrong with people!

Driving in from Taunton - PM if you want to hitch

I am going to stop off at Walmart and pick up four or five cases of water - could use a hand bringing it to the statehouse. Figure, I can hand them out for a $1 donation split between GOAL and Comm2A.

Driving in from Taunton - PM if you want to hitch

I am going to stop off at Walmart and pick up four or five cases of water - could use a hand bringing it to the statehouse. Figure, I can hand them out for a $1 donation split between GOAL and Comm2A.

Reps sent.

Just make it clear that it's a donation so no one busts your chops for peddling without a license (who knows if even that is allowed).

I'm thinking of boarding the T at Riverside or Eliot. Is there a procedure to pay for the green line at those stations if I don't already have a charlie card?

Never been to those stations, and it's been at least a year or more since I've taken a trip on the T.

You can purchase a Charlie Card at a number of locations... http://www.mbta.com/fares_and_passes/sales_locations

I got mine at Star Market and put $20.00 on it.

I probably have a $10.00 balance on it.

Thinking a bit about our aims and objectives for the rally.

Yes, we're all pissed off. But letting them know that we're pissed off isn't going to get us anything. Focusing on guns probably won't win over enough of them. I think focusing on the overreach by the AG, ignoring the law, the public process, and the legislature is the way to go. The dangerous precedent she's setting by re-interpreting longstanding laws as she wishes they were instead of how they are plainly written. E.g. would they agree if future president Trump re-interprets abortion laws or immigration laws as he wishes?

It'll be extremely helpful if we can have a more diverse crowd: men, women, black, white, asian, LGBT, urban, country, professional, blue collar, etc. LEOs, even BLM. EVERYBODY. The message needs to be that this affects everybody - we're not just redneck white men.

Other ideas?

Poster ideas:
I'M A TEACHER/PROFESSOR/LAWYER/DOCTOR. AG JUST MADE ME A FELON.
KIM DAVIS = MAURA HEALEY
A NATION OF LAWS (CROSSED OUT)
AG'S NEW DEFINITIONS: WATER IS DRY, HOT IS COLD

Never been to those stations, and it's been at least a year or more since I've taken a trip on the T.

You can purchase a Charlie Card at a number of locations... http://www.mbta.com/fares_and_passes/sales_locations

I got mine at Star Market and put $20.00 on it.

I probably have a $10.00 balance on it.

The major stations on the D line have ticket vending machines. You can pay cash on board if you enter a station without a machine (e.g. B/C line)

Anyone be offended if I show up in running clothes? I've never been to one of these and I'm not sure about the etiquette, but I'm thinking of just working the State House into my run tomorrow.

Anyone be offended if I show up in running clothes? I've never been to one of these and I'm not sure about the etiquette, but I'm thinking of just working the State House into my run tomorrow.

More power to you. You're a bigger man than I am... it's gonna be about 400 degrees out tomorrow

More power to you. You're a bigger man than I am... it's gonna be about 400 degrees out tomorrow

I know. I'll be sweating balls no matter what I wear, so I figured I might as well be comfortable. But I know there's a push not to look too sloppy, so...

What's the best way to get to the State House if you're coming in from WMass along Rt2? Alewife or Ayer? How far should I Not drive in? Haven't been to Boston in decades and even then not much. Thanks in advance.

I still have 2 spots from Gardner-Fitchburg area 7-7:30 departure - AleWife (8-8:30) and at Park St Station by 9AM.

GMC Grey/Blue Crew Cab with ladder rack.

I will have a white 2.5x5 foot 'Come and Take It" Flag with AR and Star on a 10 foot pole, my son will have a smaller Yellow DTOM flag. I'll have a pack with pocket Constitutions for those that want (free till gone) I also have a limited number of auto stickers (DTOM, Navy Jack, etc..) again free till gone. I am also bringing a ton of water - all freezing right now. I also will have a first aid kit and 3 cold packs. It's going to be hot and a lot of people milling around - better safe than sorry.

I still have 2 spots from Gardner-Fitchburg area 7-7:30 departure - AleWife (8-8:30) and at Park St Station by 9AM.

GMC Grey/Blue Crew Cab with ladder rack.

I will have a white 2.5x5 foot 'Come and Take It" Flag with AR and Star on a 10 foot pole, my son will have a smaller Yellow DTOM flag. I'll have a pack with pocket Constitutions for those that want (free till gone) I also have a limited number of auto stickers (DTOM, Navy Jack, etc..) again free till gone. I am also bringing a ton of water - all freezing right now. I also will have a first aid kit and 3 cold packs. It's going to be hot and a lot of people milling around - better safe than sorry.

I want stickers ... Lol

I know. I'll be sweating balls no matter what I wear, so I figured I might as well be comfortable. But I know there's a push not to look too sloppy, so...

As long as it's not Rambo retard, who is going to give a flying **** about what anyone is wearing?

Dress with whatever you feel most comfortable with, and allow for the weather.

I'll be wearing my usual 'formal wear'... meaning jeans, sneakers and black t-shirt; probably one of my firearms related ones..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom