• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOAL Response To AG Healey’s Actions - Rally Sat 7/23 @ 10:00 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newer member here, first time posting.

It was a decent turnout last night @ the state house, some local news coverage;

Channel 5: http://www.wcvb.com/news/progun-rights-supporters-gather-outside-state-house/40825236

NECN: http://www.necn.com/news/new-england/Advocates-Rally-Against-New-Mass-Gun-Law-387880522.html

I'm sure there will be a huge turnout tomorrow, I know I'll be there bright & early [smile]

it's good to see new members join in, I see quiet a few people with low post count chiming in. We are all in the same boat.

I testified in Springfield (sick kid for the Worcester date) and was at the State House in the cold the last time.

This time I have my own legal troubles (Trial in a couple weeks, Pro-Se) and I am still going, bringing my son this time too.

Considering that the potential fallout from this could be a ban on any and all semi-autos, this is indeed quite huge. I'm bringing my father tomorrow and several NES friends are coming, of course.

Woodsman Rifle and Pistol in Athol just sent out an alert about the rally. It's a small club but every bit helps.

Westford Sportsman Club sent a e-mail blast out yesterday.

I will see if I can find someone from the club to help me get in there.

To any of the gun stores that are generally open on Saturday, I hope you're closing for yourselves and employees to be there. Any gun owner worth dealing with in MA should be at the rally rather than shopping anyways.

Makes sense to reschedule! Rally Saturday, Shoot Sunday!!

IDPA:
***METROWEST TACTICAL'S JULY MATCH CHANGED TO SUNDAY, 7/24/16****

***MATCH DATE CHANGED FROM SAT., 7/23 TO SUN, 7/24***
Please see the following message from the Harvard Sportsmens Club IDPA Chair Michael Joffe:
Fellow Shooters,
In consideration of the extraordinary circumstances, we'll move the match to Sunday to give more people a chance to attend the rally in Boston.
I hope to see many of you there!
You will have a chance to take a stand on Saturday AND make a statement by shooting a match on Sunday.
If it affects your plans negatively, please add it to the list of grievances against the AG.
As always we will do everything possible to run a smooth and efficient event on Sunday.
In case of any disruptions of the flow, we count on your anticipated understanding and support!

Last edited:
I sent an e-mail to my club officers asking them to send out a general mailer to the membership asking for their support. I hope my club has a strong showing there tomorrow....

REMEMBER - Be nice, if you speak with a reporter - please don't sound like a dope. I plan to use, if asked, "This is about one person, changing established - multi-year, multi-ruling law, with no notice to anyone. If this is allowed to stand, anyone can be made a criminal by new interpretation."

If they don't listen tomorrow - then we get more direct - like showing up at ALL legislators homes and pulling a Black Lives Matter/Occupy Wall Street on them. Plus everything else we can think of to gum up the system - including gum stuck on every surface around the State House. But that is not tomorrow - we are going to try the nice, logical and Constitutional method; if that fails - it's on them.

“Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right.

This nation was founded on one principle above all else: The requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world -- "No, YOU move.”
― J. Michael Straczynski
See you there.

To any of the gun stores that are generally open on Saturday, I hope you're closing for yourselves and employees to be there. Any gun owner worth dealing with in MA should be at the rally rather than shopping anyways.

This!

I've read about a few shops closing tomorrow or at least opening later on in the day.

Nothing on FourSeasons site and I know that site is well traveled. Anyone have an email for them? Should be calling on shops to close for the day so there staff can be present.

Edit: I emailed them and hope others do! [email protected]

Last edited:
Just finished a round of calls to the statehouse - Rep Shauna O'Connell (Taunton) is attending the rally.

The rest of the useless b*stards - well they are just useless...

Is it safe to assume GOAL sent out some press releases, and would it be prudent to notify the Boston PD? Give them a heads up so when they receive the inevitable 911 calls of gun sightings, they do not come it with SWAT and MRAPs.

So can we start open carrying at these shindigs?

I'll probably take a lot of crap for this.

I don't think anyone should be OC. This isn't about carrying, it's about the overreach of the AG, criminalizing a large number of law abiding citizens, and by-passing the law and the legislature. A bunch of people OC will draw the cameras and press away from the issue and they will surely spin it as a bunch of gun nuts.

By all means CC when and where you legally can, but concealed means concealed.

Lets keep the focus on the issue.

I'll probably take a lot of crap for this.

I don't think anyone should be OC. This isn't about carrying, it's about the overreach of the AG, criminalizing a large number of law abiding citizens, and by-passing the law and the legislature. A bunch of people OC will draw the cameras and press away from the issue and they will surely spin it as a bunch of gun nuts.

By all means CC when and where you legally can, but concealed means concealed.

Lets keep the focus on the issue.

Amen, brother.

Important note with tomorrows weather will be staying hydrated. If you are driving into the city consider bringing in a case of water/cooler in order to share!

It would've been good if we had enough time to invite people like Steven Crowder and Milo Yiannopoulos to the rally. They're excellent speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom