• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOAL Response To AG Healey’s Actions - Rally Sat 7/23 @ 10:00 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be there.

I had plans to take the family to the zoo but this is more important. I will explain to my 20 month old that we'll go another day because daddy has to stand up for your rights. She won't understand now but will when she's older.

Get off your asses people and show some support.

Man, I'm like Mr Magoo when it comes to getting around Boston. It might sound funny to those that live close to the city. But I have no clue where to park or even if taking the T works for me. From S. Worc. County. Love to be there. Perhaps some more info would help us Mass rednecks out.

Not difficult. Here's a suggestion to get there. From Worcester take I-90 to 128. Head towards Waltham. From 128, take Rt. 2 towards Somerville (not Rt. 2A, they are different). You'll see an exit for Alewife station on the right before Rt. 2 end. There is plenty of parking. Take Alewife T-station stop to Park street stop. You are now at the Boston Commons and the State house is right there.

Bring around five dollars for the T-fare.

Check out the following: http://www.mbta.com/uploadedfiles/services/subway/Park St Neighborhood Map.pdf

I'll be there.

I had plans to take the family to the zoo but this is more important. I will explain to my 20 month old that we'll go another day because daddy has to stand up for your rights. She won't understand now but will when she's older.

Get off your asses people and show some support.

This will become a zoo also. I will be there.

I won't be able to make it, so someone should copy my sign.

Gun%20Rally%20Sign_zpszcdw7ob1.jpg

Does GOAL have any sway with Baker? I ask because he made this statement.

“If people are, in fact, selling weapons that violate the Massachusetts assault weapon ban, then that should be dealt with, and people should do something about it. ” Baker tells WGBH Radio. “I think the big issue, especially in the short term, is going to be the confusion around which weapons this applies to and which weapons it doesn’t apply to.”

GOAL needs to educate him on the exact statute and how it defines an AWB.

I have to work Saturday morning but will be doing my best to head into this after.

Do you have HP plates? I think there is an HP spot at the top of the hill, on Bowdoin St. , which is the east side of the Statehouse.

I do not know my way around Boston so does anyone want to drive with me to the rally on Saturday? I will drive and can fit about 4 in my van if someone knows where to go and park? I am in a wheelchair so please keep that in mind.

I am in Groton.

Easiest place to meet would be the Westford Sportsman Club if you are a member.

Doesn't have to be that convoluted even. Take the Pike right to Newton, Rte 16, then the Woodland Station Green Line straight to Park St. in Boston. Or, take the Worcester line from Worcester?Union Station to Back Bay, then the Orange to Downtown Crossing.

check out mbta.com

Not difficult. Here's a suggestion to get there. From Worcester take I-90 to 128. Head towards Waltham. From 128, take Rt. 2 towards Somerville (not Rt. 2A, they are different). You'll see an exit for Alewife station on the right before Rt. 2 end. There is plenty of parking. Take Alewife T-station stop to Park street stop. You are now at the Boston Commons and the State house is right there.

Bring around five dollars for the T-fare.

Check out the following: http://www.mbta.com/uploadedfiles/services/subway/Park St Neighborhood Map.pdf

The Attorney General just assumed the powers of all three branches of government, and made you a felon retroactively (while busting your balls that she won't do anything about it yet but watch your step), and THIS won't get you out of bed on a sunny Saturday morning to drive into Capitol City on an empty highway to stand around for an hour and mingle with your brethren? Cooking breakfast for the family is more effort. For Christ's sake stop making excuses.

How many holsters can you fit on a single size 34 belt? I need to figure out logistics and I don't want to be outgunned.

Size 34, my ass. Get with the program and get into the 40s and you'll be a one man small arms unit unto yourself.

Doesn't have to be that convoluted even. Take the Pike right to Newton, Rte 16, then the Woodland Station Green Line straight to Park St. in Boston. Or, take the Worcester line from Worcester?Union Station to Back Bay, then the Orange to Downtown Crossing.

check out mbta.com

Rt.16 to Woodlawn Station. Even better. Not as far from 90.

Not as much parking but should be fine on a Saturday... Be sure to pay attention and take the Riverside / "D" line train when heading back to Woodlawn on the Green line.

Size 34, my ass. Get with the program and get into the 40s and you'll be a one man small arms unit unto yourself.

lol
I like to walk to work not roll: Easier to keep things in pockets & holsters that way.

By my tally 10-15 of my friends will be there. Most of my friends these days are gun owners and many are on NES. Hope we have a solid turnout. This is put up or shut up time.

The ironic part is my three gun owning friends who do not own AR's are the ones who declined to go though I'm not entirely surprised. They are all born & bred in this shithole.

The January 2013 rally was on a Saturday and it got a lot of media coverage. The politicians don't need to be in the building to know what happened.

The Saturday & Sunday special session is interesting. Neither Healy nor Baker are up for election this fall, but the entire legislature is. They probably don't want an election year issue like this, especially in a year when there is a Presidential election.

Do politicians work on Saturday? Will they hear us?

Nothing ironic about it. They figure that this doesn't affect them because they don't own ARs. They think it's the end, not the beginning.

"When they came for the ARs, I said nothing because I didn't own an AR."

"Sniper Rifles" with bolt actions and telescopic sights aren't that far behind.

The ironic part is my three gun owning friends who do not own AR's are the ones who declined to go though I'm not entirely surprised. They are all born & bred in this shithole.

the message should focus on Moar Healy, not guns, she is an overreaching POS who needs to FOAD. Even libtard would go along.

When politicians start fearing gun owners as a group, things may change.

the message should focus on Moar Healy, not guns, she is an overreaching POS who needs to FOAD. Even libtard would go along.

When politicians start fearing gun owners as a group, things may change.

Exactly, this is not about guns, this is about an activist elected to office overstepping her bounds and usurping the power of the people and the legislature.

Nothing ironic about it. They figure that this doesn't affect them because they don't own ARs.
Back in 1976 (the infamous MA handgun ban referendum) AR owners knew they were safe, since it was only handguns that the enemy wanted to take.

Everyone be polite, sweet, and harmless.

Don't offend anyone.

Wear your Bow Ties and Straw Hats.

Stay well onto the sidewalks. Please don't block traffic.

And above all, And use your "Indoor Voices". Legislators may be napping.

I'm lobbing rotten cod at MY Statehouse!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom