GOAL Requests Massachusetts Attorney General to Intervene in Illegal Licensing Activi

GOAL

NES Member
http://www.goal.org/news/AGletter.htm

GOAL Requests Massachusetts Attorney General to Intervene in Illegal Licensing Activities

On Monday, March 3, 2008 Gun Owners' Action League took the next step in our attempt to hold the state accountable for its firearm licensing system. As our members know, GOAL has been seeking the Patrick's administration's assistance in enforcing the firearm licensing laws as they pertain to the illegal actions of local licensing agents. Unfortunately this administration has expressed little interest in protecting the civil rights of lawful citizens.

GOAL has also sought to rectify the problems by asking the Massachusetts Inspector General's Office to investigate these illegal activities and to take action against rogue agents. Although that office did respond to our first request in ruling against Cambridge regarding their illegal overcharging for licenses, the Inspector General's Office declined to conduct any action to ensure the return of the overage to the citizens. In a further letter from the Inspector General's Office concerning more towns violating the fee laws, their office suggested that they were not interested in any further actions. In fact, the letter instructed GOAL to use the previous letter to settle any further problems with other towns.

"It is frankly unconscionable that GOAL has to expend this much effort in an attempt to get the state to adhere to the very laws they created," said Jim Wallace Executive Director of GOAL. "For a state that is supposedly so concerned with firearm licensing, how do they expect to maintain any credibility when the very agents that are empowered to determine our 'suitability' are themselves violating the firearm laws."

The next step for GOAL is to ask the Massachusetts Attorney General's office to investigate the matter and intervene on behalf of the lawful citizens of the Commonwealth. Click here to view .pdf version of the letter to the Massachusetts Attorney General.

Related Stories:

Inspector General Responds to GOAL's Additional Requests

GOAL Requests Governor to Cease Illegal Actions of Bridgewater Licensing Officials

Four More Towns Found to Be Overcharging Applicants

Patrick Administration Responds to GOAL Concerning License Delays

GOAL Asks Governor to Handle License Renewal Delays

GOAL Files Freedom of Information Act Request after Governor Patrick Blames Licensed Gun Owners for Crime

GOAL Asks Governor Patrick to Explain Where License Fees are Going?

In answer to why GOAL can't file suit is because as an entity we cannot show harm to GOAL. We tried to intervene in court about the original AG regs and was told the same thing.

In answer to why GOAL can't file suit is because as an entity we cannot show harm to GOAL. We tried to intervene in court about the original AG regs and was told the same thing.
I am harmed by the AG's regs as it limits what I can buy; increases the market price of certain guns; and renders certain otherwise warranteed gun failures unserviceable (for example, a Glock frame failure).

I offer my services as a plaintiff if GOAL wishes to fund a court battle on my behalf.

Class action law suit, organized by GOAL?

I'm guessing that the AG doesn't give a rat's butt. Yes, I believe there will be a class action organized by GOAL and guided in part by the NRA attorney that we have had loaned to us.

I believe that if Coakley and the PTB made some concessions to us on items that are clearly violations of Heller, it would be better than risking the possibility of their being force fed the Gun Control Act of 1998 in it's entirety by a Federal Court.

But since this is a political NO-GO for the Ultra Libs, I will be the first person willing to serve the pages up hot to them with some paper clips to help wash it down.

This has sort of died, hasn't it? All a lot of talk? No changes in the towns. No response from the AG? Maybe it's all being overshadowed by the election and the economic crisis. I'm a bit disheartened. [thinking][sad2]

http://www.goal.org/news/AGletter.htm

GOAL Requests Massachusetts Attorney General to Intervene in Illegal Licensing Activities

On Monday, March 3, 2008 Gun Owners' Action League took the next step in our attempt to hold the state accountable for its firearm licensing system. As our members know, GOAL has been seeking the Patrick's administration's assistance in enforcing the firearm licensing laws as they pertain to the illegal actions of local licensing agents. Unfortunately this administration has expressed little interest in protecting the civil rights of lawful citizens.
GOAL has also sought to rectify the problems by asking the Massachusetts Inspector General's Office to investigate these illegal activities and to take action against rogue agents. Although that office did respond to our first request in ruling against Cambridge regarding their illegal overcharging for licenses, the Inspector General's Office declined to conduct any action to ensure the return of the overage to the citizens. In a further letter from the Inspector General's Office concerning more towns violating the fee laws, their office suggested that they were not interested in any further actions. In fact, the letter instructed GOAL to use the previous letter to settle any further problems with other towns.

"It is frankly unconscionable that GOAL has to expend this much effort in an attempt to get the state to adhere to the very laws they created," said Jim Wallace Executive Director of GOAL. "For a state that is supposedly so concerned with firearm licensing, how do they expect to maintain any credibility when the very agents that are empowered to determine our 'suitability' are themselves violating the firearm laws."

The next step for GOAL is to ask the Massachusetts Attorney General's office to investigate the matter and intervene on behalf of the lawful citizens of the Commonwealth. Click here to view .pdf version of the letter to the Massachusetts Attorney General.

Related Stories:

Inspector General Responds to GOAL's Additional Requests

GOAL Requests Governor to Cease Illegal Actions of Bridgewater Licensing Officials

Four More Towns Found to Be Overcharging Applicants

Patrick Administration Responds to GOAL Concerning License Delays

GOAL Asks Governor to Handle License Renewal Delays

GOAL Files Freedom of Information Act Request after Governor Patrick Blames Licensed Gun Owners for Crime

GOAL Asks Governor Patrick to Explain Where License Fees are Going?

As one of my old boses in the Federal government would say...STATUS?????

I am harmed by the AG's regulations as I wish to be the victim of the unfair an deceptive trade practice of being sold a new Glock. If GOAL wishes to bring a court action on my behalf, I'll be glad to be a plaintiff.

Back
Top Bottom