• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOAL Rally on the Common Wed - April 3rd - Save the date!

Will you be in attenance?

• Total voters
If I had the power, I would have the Colonial Boys leading the procession. They get to me every time.

There are a lot of people who don't post here going to the rally. Don't get discouraged, just keep spreading the word and get more people to go.

I appreciate GOAL doing what they can to get the word out since it's their rally, but at this point it's clear that "we are them"...the color flyer they sent around is easy to copy (in color) and at least just tack it up on the local bulletin boards when you're around town - post office, grocery store, VFW, American Legion etc. It is surprising how well received the effort is by those who take a minute to read it.

I promise to bring Three Men and a Baby.

**I reserve the right to substitute a dvd for actual men and baby. Or otherwise substitute babies for men.

Snowy afternoon bump.

Thanks to all for the great work in spreading the word.

BTW, Starbucks has community bulletin boards in every store, just saying.... [smile]

Worcester Pistol and Rifle club has a bus leaving around 10:15 AM. I am stuck at work until at least 10:30 in Auburn so i'm driving out by myself. If anyone needs a ride out from the Auburn or 146 park and ride areas, let me know.

Anyone else that is a WPR member and wants a spot on the bus needs to get a hold of Pete Saniuk [email protected] I don't know how many seats are still available

I will be there. I can provide a free round trip ride for two additional people from the Leominster, Fitchburg, Westminster, Lancaster, Clinton area. I will park at Alewife Station and take the T (you pay your subway fare) to Park St. Please PM me if interested.

I will be there. I can provide a free round trip ride for two additional people from the Leominster, Fitchburg, Westminster, Lancaster, Clinton area. I will park at Alewife Station and take the T (you pay your subway fare) to Park St. Please PM me if interested.

is there sufficient parking at alewife? I may do the same, coming from the same area as you but have a ride already

is there sufficient parking at alewife? I may do the same, coming from the same area as you but have a ride already

I've never had a problem parking there on weekdays, and I drive to Boston during the week mid-morning on the average of two to three times per month. Usually there is parking available on the top floor. In the early 2000's it was a problem, but then they created more spaces, by rearranging the lines.

I have a suggestion to those organizing buses. People coming in from clubs who aren't on NES may not be aware of the issues of carrying on the day of the event.

Specifically, the prohibition on carry in the Common imposed by the Parks Department as well as in the State House (enforced by metal detectors and Parks' officers and the lack of storage lockers or any provision for storage while you are in the State House.

So, please let everyone know who is coming in via bus of this reality so that it is not a surprise.

Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club in Boylston has a limited number of bus seats available to the GOAL RALLY on April 3rd.
The bus leaves WPRC at 10:15 am and will return after the rally ends at 3pm.
Anyone interested in reserving a seat can e-mail Peter Saniuk at [email protected] .

What would be the best place to park for someone who is unfamiliar with the city? Coming in on the pike.

Sent from my rotary phone using Forum Runner

Is Riverside Station still over-packed on weekdays? That is my current plan unless someone can direct me otherwise.

Btw, I'm IN along with at least two non-NES'ers. I put the word out to my club multiple times...haven't heard anyone truly confirmed yet...off to send another email and make some calls.

Bump. This is just as important as the last rally or even more so. Now that its clearer what the feds will and won't do there will be a renewed push by the anti's at the state level. Please do everything you can to make it. Part of their strategy is to slowly chip away at your rights, every inch we give up will never be taken back in this state.

Who is going in to Riverside to take the T? Perhaps a carpool in from Worcester area would be in the cards.

What would be the best place to park for someone who is unfamiliar with the city? Coming in on the pike.

Sent from my rotary phone using Forum Runner

Go to GoogleMaps and search for "Parking near Boston Common". Those are all the parking lots / garages in the area. It'll give you some more choices incase some are ful.

Let's see:

toll: 1.50
T: 4.00 (2 each way)
parking: 5

That is 10.50 each, and it takes about 2 hours to reach your destination, using the T.

Driving in, you get there in about an hour and ten minutes, and are pretty close to final destination for a couple bucks more. The only problem is you have to drive in Boston, which usually stinks.

And you'll likely be stuck in city traffic for an hour when you go to leave. Good luck with that.

Let's see:

toll: 1.50
T: 4.00 (2 each way)
parking: 5

That is 10.50 each, and it takes about 2 hours to reach your destination, using the T.

Driving in, you get there in about an hour and ten minutes, and are pretty close to final destination for a couple bucks more. The only problem is you have to drive in Boston, which usually stinks.

Back
Top Bottom