• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOAL Rally on the Common Wed - April 3rd - Save the date!

Will you be in attenance?

• Total voters
Hey All,

Chopper has organized a bus for members of the Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club, (or prospective members if you ask politely) Here is the thread to book your seat.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...rcester-pistol-rifle-club-30.html#post3015475

Good news everyone, WPRC will be supplying a bus to head down to the GOAL Rally on the Boston Common, Wednesday April 3rd. Seats are being reserved now, we got 50 left and it's my job to fill it with WPRC members. Bus leaves WPRC at 10:15am, we will not be going to the State House, after the Rally it's back on the bus. I'm on the hook for this bus everyone so please help me fill it and protect our 2A rights.
E-mail me [email protected] to reserve your seats. I shall confirm all e-mails.
Thanks,
Peter

WPRC Members,

Our good friend Peter Saniuk has arranged a bus to bring WPRC members to and from the GOAL rally in Boston, MA on April 3 2013. I cannot stress how important it is to have a strong showing at this rally. Having just a couple of us show up in our pickup trucks is not nearly as powerful as a bus load of tax paying law bidding citizens. There are other clubs like Harvard arranging buses too, so not matter what club you belong to please make the effort to make the rally. We only may get one chance at pushing back our legislators on all of this gun control craziness, so do your part!!!!!

I know that this rally falls on a work day, but isn't your Second Amendment rights worth a personal day, sick day, sanity day, 2nd A Day; call it want you want. IT IS WORTH THE FIGHT!!

Please pass the message along to other members and grab your shooting buddy to come along.

Rally Details:

Date: 4/3/2013
Time: 10:15am
Where: Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club
Details: The bus leaves WPRC at 10:15 to Boston and will return back to the club at 3:00pm. Reservations need to be made with Peter and he can be reached by email at [email protected]

GOAL Rally on the Common April 3, 2013
Home | Worcester Pistol Rifle Club

Last edited:
I got 14 friends that don't post here confirmed and they are spreading the word too!
Dropped of flyers at GFA arms, B&K, Gun Room, Pullman Arms, Sparkys, and Bobs. They were all happy to post them and bring them to their customers attention. Also working on getting a bus for Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club members.
Keep Pushing!

This is the kind of enthusiasm we need. Everybody needs to do their part, we all need to take the time off and attend no excuses. Don't rely on others to fight for your rights.

Bump. I can't see the poll because I'm posting from phone, but let's get that number up!

If you haven't yet put in for time off from work, please do so (or plan on "eating a bad batch of shrimp" the night before).
We all have limited amounts of vacation time - myself included - but this is important, people!

Morning Bump, I've run into a large number of people who are going but don't post here. Keep up the pressure, let's get out to the Common!

Don't tell me this is how poorly this is going to be attended. I realize it's a couple of weeks off and in the middle of the week. SO maybe I can entice you guys and gals. [smile]

For those of you who don't know me (and those who do), you will be sure to see me as I will be called to the stage at some point. Not telling you why. Some of you may know already. [rofl]

Okay, so maybe not an enticement but I am stoked about it!

Wondering, where is the enthusiasm for this rally?

Are people bored with Rally's already?

Has our collective attention span switched channels?

What's up?

What's up?
I am sure people are tired, but last time we didn't have this many people signed up this far in advance. Also despite complaints of our weekend rally last time, the reality of a weekday rally is setting in.

No excuses though, get out there, do it!

Bus info:

Peter Saniuk of WPRC has booked a bus for Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club members, if you would like to take the bus here is the info:

GOAL RALLY BUS LEAVING FROM WPRC. (See GOAL's rally notice below for more info on our Rally) The Bus will depart WPRC at 10:15am! Ladies and Gentlemen, some of the issues on the table are one gun (or magazine) a month, mandatory liability insurance, 4.5% ammo tax, 7 round magazine limit, and more. It's time to stand up and be heard, GOAL needs a big showing and WPRC is making it easier for us. Take the day off (our forefathers invested a bit more than a vacation day) and show your support for the Second Amendment and against those who would infringe upon it. For Bus reservations call or e-mail Peter Saniuk. 508-873-3111 - [email protected]

Also, I just got an e-mail from Ray who is President of Westfield Sportsman's Club, he's arranged for two buses to depart from the club at 10:00 am. Info:

Info: The Westfield Sportsman Club has two buses leaving the club for the Boston rally April 3rd at 10am. Tickets available at the club or BG Sporting, cost is twenty dollars. (sorry, he didn't provide any more detailed info, if he does I will update)

eta: if anyone books a bus for their club and wants help promoting I will be glad to include the info on our Friday News e-mail which goes out weekly to 16K+ people, to get it included please send me the who, what, when, where in an e-mail - [email protected]

Last edited:

What's up?

I am going, but I will say this, there seems to be 15 rallies going on all over the place over the next 2 months, and there is no real cohesion or deconfliction. I mean, first it was a rally in some little town that I don't even remember the name of never mind where it was, then Lex/Conc on April 19th, then there was one in Springfield on the same date. There is this one, and honestly I have forgotten how many facebook tells me I should go to. I dig that people want to go wave flags on their own or in their own organized group, but I would figure a few better organized rallies would be more effective then multiple rallies with a handful of people showing up.

I hope I am wrong, but I have my doubts about the numbers of people showing up here and in DC next month, or is it May?

I know I am keyboard commandoing over here and I have complaints and no real ideas and I can't take on the responsibility to try to come up with ideas because I am not that sharp nor do I have the time to invest in doing so, but I figured I would offer my .02.

Maybe we can request an activism sub forum to try to organize these threads a little better?

idk, frustrated, over it. See you on the common.

Last edited:
Ed, this process is messy... It is actually a good thing that everywhere you turn there is another group of angry people.

It is good to communicate and work together where you can, but it is one of those things, if no one stands up, everyone is sitting down...

Ed, this process is messy... It is actually a good thing that everywhere you turn there is another group of angry people.

It is good to communicate and work together where you can, but it is one of those things, if no one stands up, everyone is sitting down...

Yeah, you're right. I probably shouldn't be so snarky.

What's up?

I am sure people are tired, but last time we didn't have this many people signed up this far in advance. Also despite complaints of our weekend rally last time, the reality of a weekday rally is setting in.

No excuses though, get out there, do it!

One thing I have been told by a friend was that; "It is awful hard to call in sick, (no paid sick days) when you post somewhere and tell the world two weeks in advance."

I understand most people have paid days off/vacation days and such but many do not. Even worse they may have employers that would not want them at the rally.

If you don't think this is important enough to take a day off of work from, then you really need to reset your priorities. If we are silent, we don't have a voice. Period. In this state, we are marginalized as it is, as a minority of the voting public. We need to show them, we aren't. Granted, not every person can attend every rally. Particularly during the week. But, a rally, mid week, across from the state house, is something that we need a real large group to go to. We need visibility. While our legislators are there.

Using my galaxy s2 via tapatalk, because I am too lazy to find a computer

I'm supposed to be traveling that day. If I don't then I'll definitely show up. Had fun the last time at the Statehouse and unfortunately missed the last GOAL one, so...

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk HD

We are past excuses time. Hell, if I go, everyone can make it. I'm in the royal doghouse. My wife is going in for major surgery on Monday and staying overnight. I'm bringing her home on Tuesday and she has orders to stay in bed. Wednesday I'm going to the rally and have her mom come over to babysit. You want to see one pissed off wife, come visit her now.

Like I said, if I can make it, anyone can make it.

Don't tell me this is how poorly this is going to be attended. I realize it's a couple of weeks off and in the middle of the week. SO maybe I can entice you guys and gals. [smile] ...

What's up?

I think people are oversaturated and confused, with so many going on.

GOAL really needs to grab the bull by the horns on this one, and start PROMOTING.

They need to reach out to every club, to the same groups (MSC, NRA, etc.) I mentioned before. If this is their rally, they need to run it. People WILL come forward to help. You just need to ask, and be specific.

I will check my work schedule, and do my best to be there that day. I am working with my club to try to get them to first of all even know this exists, and secondly, to get some enthusiasm so they go.

I am going, but I will say this, there seems to be 15 rallies going on all over the place over the next 2 months, and there is no real cohesion or deconfliction. I mean, first it was a rally in some little town that I don't even remember the name of never mind where it was, then Lex/Conc on April 19th, then there was one in Springfield on the same date. There is this one, and honestly I have forgotten how many facebook tells me I should go to. I dig that people want to go wave flags on their own or in their own organized group, but I would figure a few better organized rallies would be more effective then multiple rallies with a handful of people showing up.

I hope I am wrong, but I have my doubts about the numbers of people showing up here and in DC next month, or is it May?

I know I am keyboard commandoing over here and I have complaints and no real ideas and I can't take on the responsibility to try to come up with ideas because I am not that sharp nor do I have the time to invest in doing so, but I figured I would offer my .02.

Maybe we can request an activism sub forum to try to organize these threads a little better?
idk, frustrated, over it. See you on the common.

I think that would be helpful. For more casual users of the site it may make it easier to see and definitely easier to keep track of.

Back
Top Bottom