• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOAL Joins Amicus Brief in New York Case

GOAL

NES Member
GOAL Joins Amicus Brief in New York Case

Gun Owners’ Action League (GOAL) has joined with other groups to support an amicus brief for the case of New York Rifle and Pistol Association v. Keith Corlett. The case seeks to have the U.S. Supreme Court review an adverse decision of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. The case, rising from New York, challenges the inability to carry firearms outside the home in some instances. It also challenges the “may issue” statute in New York.

There are some courts and government entities that insist the prior US Supreme Court decisions of Heller and McDonald as only protecting the ability to carry/possess a loaded firearm in the home. In this case, we are asking the Supreme Court to hold that the Second Amendment’s protections include the right to carry outside the home.”

The secondary purpose of the case is the challenge the “may issue” licensing laws. According to the court filings, only eight states are left that use this system. They are California, Delaware, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, and Rhode Island. In Hawaii, for instance, there are laws on the books “allowing” a citizen to apply for a license to carry firearms. That being said, they are virtually impossible for the average person to obtain.

Link to the case: Search

GOAL is legally and financially supporting this case as it could have a great impact on the legal recognition of our Second Amendment civil rights. If you would like to help GOAL financially support this effort, please consider making a contribution through the link below.

GOAL - Donate

Donation inbound. Lets hope that the SCOTUS has the backbone to uphold 2A... shall not be infringed
They do have the backbone, They may be waiting for the "perfect" case to finally put into stone, that which Heller and McDonald established and clarified, but so many states and cities have chose to ignore.

They do have the backbone, They may be waiting for the "perfect" case to finally put into stone, that which Heller and McDonald established and clarified, but so many states and cities have chose to ignore.?
I have little faith. Why do states ignore it? Do attorneys use/reference heller in courts?

They do have the backbone, They may be waiting for the "perfect" case to finally put into stone, that which Heller and McDonald established and clarified, but so many states and cities have chose to ignore.

If statists ever had any respect for Heller and McDonald then we wouldn't be in this position in the first place.

The Supreme Court may (and I think this is likely) rule in favor of gun owners, but the commies will just continue to ignore those rulings and do as they please.

I wish I had your confidence.
Since they happily turned this country over to a bunch of cheating degenerate commies without so much as a look at the evidence , I'm not so sure.

Waiting for all the amicus curiae briefs. Many of the Heller and McDonald briefs were really good. Some were just looney - Semantic Scholars on 2ndA text analysis, etc.

I did not realize GOAL was a part of this case.

Here's a 4th one to add to the NYSRPA / SCOTUS "mega thread".

Back
Top Bottom