• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOAL is planning a Rolling Rally for Sunday August 28th - Volunteers needed

If I heard a school of Harleys in the distance, I would go the opposite way. I would not stick around to see what their cause or message is. Nobody wants to hear that.

2d6962311d038d10854fe208ffc397cb.jpg

Supercars? Yes (We too broke, though.)
Sportsbikes? Maybe.
Harleys? Bye.

Last edited:
If I heard a school of Harleys in the distance, I would go the opposite way. I would not stick around to see what their cause or message is. Nobody wants to hear that.

Sportsbikes? Maybe.
Harleys? Bye.

Cut the shit with the stereo types, do you want more support or to play the liberal exclusion game?

Sportsbikes? Maybe.
Harleys? Bye.

All of the above should be included! The more diversity the better. I don't personally care for needless revving of engines just for the sake of making a shit-ton of noise however....especially in the wee hours of the morning as happens around here.

Harleys arent bad if they keep the revs down

Gun owners aren't bad as long as they're not those people with the scary black rifles.....

Seriously, let's not be exclusionary based on what someone owns/drives. Now, I am all for a handful of folks coordinating the event who have the authority to kick folks out if they're doing something that's off-message that would hurt the message like flying the Confederate battle flag or shouting anti-gay slurs or such.

Now, the real question is, do we have a name and a route yet? I'd like to share with my friends who aren't on here who may join us and I'd like to re-work signage files.

Sportsbikes? Maybe.
Harleys? Bye.

Do you even know who the PGR ride for....Insulting.[grenade]

I don't personally care for needless revving of engines just for the sake of making a shit-ton of noise however....
That's all that 99% of Harley riders seem to do. Can we separate them from the rest of us on the 28th? I seriously don't feel like driving along having to wear ear plugs.

Anyways, do we have a route in mind? I can't seem to find any specifics.

Last edited:
Is there an official name for this yet? A route? What's the plan at the end?

This may be thinking outside the box but I just had an idea...

Currently we have all heard and I know for a fact that the American Red Cross is in need of blood. What if you see if they want to set up a mobile operation at the finish line and allow anyone who wants to donate to do so?

It is going to be hard to get bad press with the Red Cross there...

Just a though, feel free to throw it back.

Currently we have all heard and I know for a fact that the American Red Cross is in need of blood. What if you see if they want to set up a mobile operation at the finish line and allow anyone who wants to donate to do so?

I think this is an awesome idea...but they don't want my blood so it's easy for me to say.

I like it. You seem to inderstand what is missing - changing public perception of gun owners as gun toting lunatics.

We're still only missing two things - a location/time to tell the Red Cross and a name for this event. I get that GOAL is working on the indoor event too, but I don't think it's that hard for someone to at least pick/announce a name. Or did I miss that somewhere?

I like it. You seem to inderstand what is missing - changing public perception of gun owners as gun toting lunatics.

You have to mix positive messages with your cause you are trying to promote in my opinions. I believe that is why you see almost every organized motorcycle ride with a charity attached to it and it many cases it involves the kids. Let's take a known issue in the state (blood shortage) and help that. The American Red Cross helps everybody with their donations.

You have to mix positive messages with your cause you are trying to promote in my opinions. I believe that is why you see almost every organized motorcycle ride with a charity attached to it and it many cases it involves the kids. Let's take a known issue in the state (blood shortage) and help that. The American Red Cross helps everybody with their donations.

Best advice I've read to date. GOAL should be sponsoring blood drives, toy drives, etc. this is the kind of community outreach we did as a fraternity in college.

Model your PR after pro sports: Couple your message with a charity to get the widest delivery.

This applies to the rallies as well.

I think this is an outstanding idea.

I love the idea but I just can't stand the Red Cross. They charge an arm and a leg for the blood to hospitals and make a killing on it. That is why many of their upper management make six-figure salaries. If we could find a hospital or some other group with a more direct turn over to the hospital so I would prefer it but still a great idea

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I love the idea but I just can't stand the Red Cross. They charge an arm and a leg for the blood to hospitals and make a killing on it. That is why many of their upper management make six-figure salaries. If we could find a hospital or some other group with a more direct turn over to the hospital so I would prefer it but still a great idea

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
See if children's will do a direct blood drive or something?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom