GOAL Howie Carr Event - (firearm door prize)

Mike S

NES Member
GOAL Presents a Night with Howie Carr

"Night of Crime with Howie Carr" a Special Night for GOAL! 1 lucky attendee will win a special door prize! (firearm)

From Howie's website: The 2014 edition of the Night of Crime will focus on the incredible trial of Whitey Bulger in Boston last summer. In his usual raconteur style, Howie will include inside stories about the testimony, and what the TV cameras didn't record, because they weren't allowed inside the courtroom. He will show photos of Bulger's victims, before and after, some of which may be a bit R-rated for younger children. Howie will explain the mysterious murder of Stippo Rakes, and what's next for Whitey. As much as you read in "Ratman," there's more, and Howie will tell you all about it.

Information: GOAL Presents a Night with Howie Carr - GOAL Fundraiser!

purchase ticket to Howie

Location:Holiday Inn 265 Lakeside Avenue - Marlboro, MA 01752.
Date: Saturday, March 22, 2014 - Doors open at 5:00 pm - Speaking starts at 6:30 pm.
Admission: $45.00 - includes light dinner fare - cash bar will be available Special door prize raffle for event participants only! (*firearm)
Registration: Please click purchase button above or contact Angela Fisher at GOAL 508-393-5333 x20 We look forward to seeing you!

*All federal and state gun laws apply. All prizes are to be claimed within 30 days from the drawing. Firearms may be shipped to another FFL at winner’s expense.

This page is made possible by the membership of GOAL and their generous donations. If you found this page helpful please Join - Support - Donate to GOAL.

hmmmm… very interested. Going to have to check my to do's and see what the budget allows.

You mean Howie Carr who in the past has blasted away that all hunters are drunks? Screw that guy.

A few from Howie. This makes me wonder how or why GOAL would align themselves with this POS.

From the Boston Herald Sunday, November 27, 2011:
“Hot damn! Shotgun deer hunting season starts tomorrow at dawn in the commonwealth. And every dad-blamed Jed Clampett in the state will be traipsing around in the woods, three sheets to the wind, blasting Bambi ... and each other.OK, I admit not every hunter will be drunk. But if you have the misfortune to be out in the wilderness during the “harvest” this coming week, chances are you’ll hear these chilling words, “Here Bubba, hold muh beer!”

From the Boston Herald November 25, 2010:
“Shotgun deer-hunting season begins in Massachusetts tomorrow, but it just ain’t what it used to be. The native hunter population has scattered south and north. Gun and rod clubs rank high on the moonbat hit parade. And the spread of dental insurance has reduced the number of toothless yahoos stumbling drunkenly through the woods around here every first Monday after Thanksgiving. Still, tomorrow will not be a good day to be a cow in Massachusetts—or a stop sign.”

From the Boston Herald November 24, 2009:
"On your way to work tomorrow, when you notice the pick-ups off to the side of the road, remember that deep in the brush, some toothless moron may be guzzling his final Budweiser."

From the Boston Herald November, 2001:
“They return from the woods, hungover as all git-out, to take crayon in hand and write me about how an armed citizenry is the final bulwark, the ultimate defense against insane politicians bent on stealing elections and eradicating our liberties with the help of an out-of-control judiciary.”

You mean Howie Carr who in the past has blasted away that all hunters are drunks? Screw that guy.

A few from Howie. This makes me wonder how or why GOAL would align themselves with this POS.

From the Boston Herald Sunday, November 27, 2011:
“Hot damn! Shotgun deer hunting season starts tomorrow at dawn in the commonwealth. And every dad-blamed Jed Clampett in the state will be traipsing around in the woods, three sheets to the wind, blasting Bambi ... and each other.OK, I admit not every hunter will be drunk. But if you have the misfortune to be out in the wilderness during the “harvest” this coming week, chances are you’ll hear these chilling words, “Here Bubba, hold muh beer!”

From the Boston Herald November 25, 2010:
“Shotgun deer-hunting season begins in Massachusetts tomorrow, but it just ain’t what it used to be. The native hunter population has scattered south and north. Gun and rod clubs rank high on the moonbat hit parade. And the spread of dental insurance has reduced the number of toothless yahoos stumbling drunkenly through the woods around here every first Monday after Thanksgiving. Still, tomorrow will not be a good day to be a cow in Massachusetts—or a stop sign.”

From the Boston Herald November 24, 2009:
"On your way to work tomorrow, when you notice the pick-ups off to the side of the road, remember that deep in the brush, some toothless moron may be guzzling his final Budweiser."

From the Boston Herald November, 2001:
“They return from the woods, hungover as all git-out, to take crayon in hand and write me about how an armed citizenry is the final bulwark, the ultimate defense against insane politicians bent on stealing elections and eradicating our liberties with the help of an out-of-control judiciary.”

i was thinking the same thing, did i miss something, has he changed his take on hunters and gun enthusiasts?

I've listened to Howie for 10+ years and he did in fact make all the jokes regarding hunters and gun enthusiasts. However, the last two to three years he seems to have changed his tune. He attended the firearms course I believe at MFS and he said he was going to go for his LTC.

I can understand why people would be pissed, but I believe he has changed and I think he would be a valuable ally. Especially in Massachusetts.

Your mileage may vary.

Carr has been a very vocal supporter of the 2nd Amendment since Sandy Hook spending considerable time on his show taking the pro position. One of the VERY few in this state who have. Carr has done more for our cause than any other local personality.

i don't listen to him, nor do i read his columns anymore, so i was basing my experience from years ago. glad to hear he see's things differently now! we need as much help as we can get!

I listen to Howie everyday. He likes to make fun of things and crack jokes. I never took it personally. I laughed at most of the hunting jokes, I mean come on.

As barnabus says, for the past year or so he has been pretty pro-gun against all the anti's who came marching out after Sandy Hook. Even before, I've never really known him to be anti-gun, just prone to making fun of drunk hunters. And he always talks about the importance of "The Equalizer" as he likes to call guns in self defense situations, and plays the laughing sound bite when criminals get blown away by law abiding citizens.

I've listened to Howie for 10+ years and he did in fact make all the jokes regarding hunters and gun enthusiasts. However, the last two to three years he seems to have changed his tune. He attended the firearms course I believe at MFS and he said he was going to go for his LTC.

I can understand why people would be pissed, but I believe he has changed and I think he would be a valuable ally. Especially in Massachusetts.

Your mileage may vary.

he did get his LTC and spoke about what he had to go through to get it. He's a good ally, he has thousands of followers.
This will be a good time, $45, something to eat, listen to Howie and the chance at a gun for attending....not a bad outing for a Saturday night.

he did get his LTC and spoke about what he had to go through to get it. He's a good ally, he has thousands of followers.
This will be a good time, $45, something to eat, listen to Howie and the chance at a gun for attending....not a bad outing for a Saturday night.

Glad to hear he got it. I'm sorry I missed that show.

I wonder if the "mailroom manager" will let him get the .38 he wanted.[grin]

Howie did not do the hunter column this year. If hunters would stop getting drunk and shooting eachother that would be helpful too.

Howie had an epiphany. He's very PRO now. He never missis a chance to push 2A. I'll gladly go see him.

Well this is good to know, because if he and Rush [I haven't listened to either for a long time now] had actually given guns some attention back 20 years ago, I would have become a gun owner way back then. I would've amassed a huge number of cheap AK's and AR's too.

Anyway, I still think he's more of an entertainer vs. an activist for any cause, but at least he's come around to seeing the light when it comes to guns.

If he brings more people into the fold, then good for him.

Sorry but I will not give this POS a pass. He has lied too many times. He says what he wants in order to get ratings.

He wont get mine nor will GOAL.

Sorry but I will not give this POS a pass. He has lied too many times. He says what he wants in order to get ratings.

He wont get mine nor will GOAL.

That's what they pay him for... ratings. Ratings generate advertising dollars.

Years ago I saw the legendary talk show host Jerry Williams at a live event. He started the event by asking us what business he was in. It took a few answers before someone correctly answered advertising.

Follow the money.

That's what they pay him for... ratings. Ratings generate advertising dollars.

Years ago I saw the legendary talk show host Jerry Williams at a live event. He started the event by asking us what business he was in. It took a few answers before someone correctly answered advertising.

Follow the money.

So strange...Howie Carr is such a anti hunter yet cause he may support GOAL you all just wanna let his past slide. I will not and anyone who claims they are pro gun should be ashamed at GOAL. I am

Just want to make sure I get it.....

Fight and argue against anti-gunner's and gun-grabbers. Spout facts and statistics.... visit our Reps and Call our senators... argue with family members and convert our co-workers..... do everything we can to change their minds......

Yet, when a high profile person does change a view point or starts to support the 2A we decide they have no value because of what they said some years ago.....

I just want to make sure I understand.....

With pending legislation and new bills in the wings we need every convert we can get and every voice that is heard widely to be a pro-2A voice. (Especially when they have their own radio show!)

For those who would prefer to pound their chest.... please don't hurt the man boobs.

So strange...Howie Carr is such a anti hunter yet cause he may support GOAL you all just wanna let his past slide. I will not and anyone who claims they are pro gun should be ashamed at GOAL. I am

I support hunters but the last time I looked the 2nd Amendment wasn't about hunting. Just sayin.

So much drama in every post these days.
I expect it will be an enjoyable event and agree with some of the others that a pro-2a voice in the boston radio market is exceedingly rare... and should be welcomed.

regarding his past, on thing i remember from listening to him on the afternoon commute is that he has always been anti-moonbat and anti-the good old buy network on beacon hill - and that's good enough for me.

im not able to attend the event but i wish everyone luck on the drawing.

I support goal and love to hunt. I also love howie. He is without question on "our" side in more ways than one. So he makes fun of dip sh*t hunters, BFD. I've met plenty of dip sh*t hunters over the years. The I'm here to kill deer and drink beer types. He's selling some books and putting some money in goals coffers. Sounds like a win win to me. Some of you guys need to lighten up. If you can't laugh at yourself and your side once and awhile you might be a dick.

Back
Top Bottom