GOAL Howie Carr Event - (firearm door prize)

I support goal and love to hunt. I also love howie. He is without question on "our" side in more ways than one. So he makes fun of dip sh*t hunters, BFD. I've met plenty of dip sh*t hunters over the years. The I'm here to kill deer and drink beer types. He's selling some books and putting some money in goals coffers. Sounds like a win win to me. Some of you guys need to lighten up. If you can't laugh at yourself and your side once and awhile you might be a dick.

Been hunting and shooting since I was 15 and seeing I am close to 50 now I can honestly say that I have not ever hunted with someone who is intoxicated. Have I been on hunting trips where at the end of the day we rip it up...of course. Never during the hunt. Same for shooting at range.

Such a disorganized grab-astic bunch of whiners and complainers, its no wonder we can't rally together and elect decent candidates. You'll never find the PERFECT person to represent your cause, you just have to support the best. Boo hoo, Howie crapped on hunters. Well, he's seen the light for now so lets support this!

So you're not one of the 2 people from NWTF who wrote the identical cut-and-paste complaint letter to GOAL but aren't members?

Nope but I did see it. Your point? I am not a member of NWTF and am a member of GOAL.

I find it weird that all of you people who are so all about Pro2A just discard hunters. You do realize that hunters use guns doncha?

So strange...Howie Carr is such a anti hunter yet cause he may support GOAL you all just wanna let his past slide. I will not and anyone who claims they are pro gun should be ashamed at GOAL. I am

Whaambulance on the way. Hang on.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

Anyone that Deval Patrick hates is alright in my book. I find his show entertaining on my drive home. Lets not forget his campaign against EBT card abuse. I feel like I get a lot of good information on how Beacon Hill is screwing us working stiffs from him.

Nope but I did see it. Your point? I am not a member of NWTF and am a member of GOAL.

I find it weird that all of you people who are so all about Pro2A just discard hunters. You do realize that hunters use guns doncha?

Who is discarding hunters? You don't like Howie, don't go to the event. You don't want goal to associate with Howie, tell them. You don't need to go seagulling other peoples thread with your opinion. You've expressed it fine. Now walk away. I for one am not giving you any more airtime by responding to your attention seeking behavior.

Who is discarding hunters? You don't like Howie, don't go to the event. You don't want goal to associate with Howie, tell them. You don't need to go seagulling other peoples thread with your opinion. You've expressed it fine. Now walk away. I for one am not giving you any more airtime by responding to your attention seeking behavior.

Is this not a open forum to discuss things? Oh I forgot...If you disagree with the masses you are just a crying attention seeker. I have said what I think and defended it from the likes of you who claimed that I did not support GOAL when in fact I do. Is everyone going to agree in this world? Nope. I will get over it

I support goal and love to hunt. I also love howie. He is without question on "our" side in more ways than one. So he makes fun of dip sh*t hunters, BFD. I've met plenty of dip sh*t hunters over the years. The I'm here to kill deer and drink beer types. He's selling some books and putting some money in goals coffers. Sounds like a win win to me. Some of you guys need to lighten up. If you can't laugh at yourself and your side once and awhile you might be a dick.

This.

And if you dont like GOAL bringing Howie in and dont want to support them dont. Give your money to Comm2a. Infighting gets us no where.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone seems to overlook this fact.

Not really... Overlooked. I dont think so. More like its been joked about so much its ingrained. I personally hunt a lot and no one i know drinks when hunting.

There are stupid people in every sport, but drunk hunting seems to be a constant topic perpetuated by the media of a very small percentage of hunters.

But then all gun owners are rednecks right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i was thinking the same thing, did i miss something, has he changed his take on hunters and gun enthusiasts?

He has an LTC and may carry. He talked up taking his class, with Sandy, getting the permit, and so on. Yes, he may have changed his mind.

I spoke to my GOAL rep at my club tonight in length on this issue. He assured me that Howie Carr was a changed man. Now the guy I spoke too also knew all of the sh!tty things that he had said in the past. I was skeptical to say the least but in the end he convinced me that he is pro gun. That being said. I will continue to support GOAL and will attend.

I am a big enough man to admit that I was wrong.

I spoke to my GOAL rep at my club tonight in length on this issue. He assured me that Howie Carr was a changed man. Now the guy I spoke too also knew all of the sh!tty things that he had said in the past. I was skeptical to say the least but in the end he convinced me that he is pro gun. That being said. I will continue to support GOAL and will attend.

Happy to hear this.

+1

Howie will probably be plugging this all week, I heard him make the announcement yesterday and again today.
What's the seating capacity there ?

Howie will probably be plugging this all week, I heard him make the announcement yesterday and again today.
What's the seating capacity there ?

Howie screwed up once today saying it was an OPEN bar. LMAO [rofl]

He corrected it later. Cash bar.

You are a big man indeed and I mean that sincerely. Thank you for posting that.

Here's a flyer if anyone wants to post some up. http://goal.org/images/Howie-Carr-Flyer-proof-full.jpg
Howie-Carr-Flyer-proof-full.jpg

Pass. I have no interest in a plagiazing hack who insult gun owners yet becomes one to further the legend that he isn't afraid of gangsters in an effort to sell more books.

So....people can't change their minds? If you talked to an anti gunner enough times and converted him or her to your side of the aisle, you'd still dismiss them as *******s?

A might short-sighted and inflexible are we?

So strange...Howie Carr is such a anti hunter yet cause he may support GOAL you all just wanna let his past slide. I will not and anyone who claims they are pro gun should be ashamed at GOAL. I am

my only problem with howie after listening to him many times. Is he only wants things legal he agree's with. he's just not libitarian enough for me. I have the impression the only reason he's 2a is because his listening base is 2a. IMO he'll cater to anyone who will listen to him or buy his books, he comes off as a person in this for the money not the principal. Goal is a worthy cause hopefully howie helps them, but you can damn well be sure he's using gaol to self promote himself and peddle his books. i like mark levine more you can tell he's about principal.

Back
Top Bottom