• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOAL Howie Carr Event - (firearm door prize)

So....people can't change their minds? If you talked to an anti gunner enough times and converted him or her to your side of the aisle, you'd still dismiss them as *******s?

A might short-sighted and inflexible are we?

I spoke to my GOAL rep at my club tonight in length on this issue. He assured me that Howie Carr was a changed man. Now the guy I spoke too also knew all of the sh!tty things that he had said in the past. I was skeptical to say the least but in the end he convinced me that he is pro gun. That being said. I will continue to support GOAL and will attend.

I am a big enough man to admit that I was wrong.

sigh

Sounds like it should be fun and I hope the best for GOAL. Also, I would reach out to Jeff Kunher, the morning guy. He is supports the second amendment and his following seems to be growing rapidly. I'm sure he would be glad to help.

Maybe howie can straighten Brown out. But until Brown wakes up, he's not a good choice in the primary.

If he stays the course of voting as his constituents want then guns will be available at gas stations and in gunball machines.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

Went with the wife.

Howie gave a nice talk and I was happy to make the $90 contibution to GOAL. That being said, I think for $45, they could do a bit better on the "dinner". Although they had turkey and roast beef, they were obviously not really thinking "dinner" when all you had to pick up food was 6" plates that would be small if they were called salad plates.

I'll go to future GOAL events but, based on this, I will be reluctant to take my wife to a Goal "dinner" for a night out again unless I take her to a restaurant first.

Rob,

I don't think this was ever billed as a "Dinner". In fact there was discussion of this being Stadium Seating instead of tables. The tables won out for many reasons the food choices were changed quite a bit.

There was actually specific discussion about getting away from the traditional "Dinner" format based on comments and criticisms about the general banquet/dinner concepts being not as successful as they used to be.

I was hoping to figure out who you were to say hello. Perhaps I shook your hand and didn't know it ;-)

Thanks for being there.

-Rick

Who won the gat?

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

I don't think this was ever billed as a "Dinner". In fact there was discussion of this being Stadium Seating instead of tables. The tables won out for many reasons the food choices were changed quite a bit.
It was billed as a "light dinner", and when I called and ask and was told there would be carving stations, I mistakenly thought "real dinner". When I got there, the sign read "GOAL dinner".

For $45, even for a fundraiser, I expected better. Boosting the take by going cheap on the food was, in my opinion, a mistake on GOAL's part. I was embarrassed to take my wife out for "dinner" and have her get a 6" salad plate and have the venue not bring more turkey out when they ran out. I knew I screwed up on the invite when she leaned over to me and said "I'll make a sammich when we get home".

I'll attend future GOAL events, but will think long and hard before inviting my wife again.

Back
Top Bottom