GOAL Files Emergency Legislation

There is no valid reason for a restriction. None.

I agree. If they can't dig up any dirt even with the $100 we give them to do the background check, why would any sane person think there is any risk?

If we can't get legislation through that would ban restrictions, I'd love to see something that makes them jump through as many hoops to add restrictions as they make up go through to apply. Even make them go to court or mediation to justify the restrictions (i.e quantify the benefit to society that the restrictions are going to provide) - all in the 40 days or default issue ALP. Maybe refund some of the application fee if restrictions are allowed. Make the option of restriction cost them something - either time or dollars. My bet is if they had to put in an effort to restrict, all but the most diehard moonbat chiefs would issue ALP.

I agree. If they can't dig up any dirt even with the $100 we give them to do the background check, why would any sane person think there is any risk?

If we can't get legislation through that would ban restrictions, I'd love to see something that makes them jump through as many hoops to add restrictions as they make up go through to apply. Even make them go to court or mediation to justify the restrictions (i.e quantify the benefit to society that the restrictions are going to provide) - all in the 40 days or default issue ALP. Maybe refund some of the application fee if restrictions are allowed. Make the option of restriction cost them something - either time or dollars. My bet is if they had to put in an effort to restrict, all but the most diehard moonbat chiefs would issue ALP.

JohnZ --Welcome to NES !

I am sure those in the legal profession would agree with your idea.

Also, remove any and all exemptions in place for law enforcement or any other type of exemption. Even the playing field, and then see how the playing field changes. This is not just for licensing, but for all aspects of gun ownership, use, transportation, carrying, concealing, storing, etc.

How much of an "EMERGENCY" is this? This thread was started 14 days ago!!!!

I'd like to see 30 days, every day over that you are refunded $10.. unlimited.. take an extra 3 weeks and the town can have a check for $210 ready along with my ltc. So very sick of every level of government not being accountable to anyone. $75 refund if it's a restricted license too.

Nice. Give us our license, or pay a penalty. Not a bad idea at all. But, what politician would vote for that?

Also, remove any and all exemptions in place for law enforcement or any other type of exemption. Even the playing field, and then see how the playing field changes. This is not just for licensing, but for all aspects of gun ownership, use, transportation, carrying, concealing, storing, etc.

You were expecting Beacon Hill to move fast on firearms legislation??? [rofl2]

Emergency is the type of legislation. It has little to do with speed in which it is passed, or so I'm told.

An emergency on our part does not constitute one on theirs.

Disgusting as that is.

Of course, very few of our legislators make a conscious effort to ensure our rights are protected any longer so it's hardly a surprise.

So back to the emergency words I need to renew on april 1st. First time I had no issue.. But i was thinking I should apply in January?

Cerfur, you can give it a try, many PDs won't let you submit until your approx 30 days out from your birthday though.

Cerfur, you can give it a try, many PDs won't let you submit until your approx 30 days out from your birthday though.

I just renewed in Fairhaven, MA. 3 months before my b-day (because of all these stories)... I submitted the application on Sunday 12/9. I just got back from my appointment! Yes, you read that right 3 days later! The officer called me at 5:30 and said can you come in for 8:00 tonight? I was like ummm..... yea! I was in and out in 10 minutes. It's like a well oiled machine here. He said the Fairhaven only issues Class A licenses with no restrictions.. This is how it should be folks....

I just renewed in Fairhaven, MA. 3 months before my b-day (because of all these stories)... I submitted the application on Sunday 12/9. I just got back from my appointment! Yes, you read that right 3 days later! The officer called me at 5:30 and said can you come in for 8:00 tonight? I was like ummm..... yea! I was in and out in 10 minutes. It's like a well oiled machine here. He said the Fairhaven only issues Class A licenses with no restrictions.. This is how it should be folks....

Nice In my old town I was friends with the licence officer.. He only issued Class A alp as well.. I have since moved, but also to a very green town as well. Hope it as smooth!

The way it is right now i should apply for my renewal a year in advance, and use the extra 365 days to invent and build a time machine so i can go back in time when they fail to get it done before it expires, and then start all over agen.

Just in case anyone missed this:

For Immediate Release: December 12, 2012

A potentially precedent setting lawsuit will be filed in District Court tomorrow against the Chief of Police of Everett, Massachusetts for failure to comply with the law. The petition states that the Police Department failed to adhere to M.G.L. c.140 § 131 by ignoring the plaintiff's application for a license to carry and therefore deprived the plaintiff of his right to administrative due process. The law states that "the licensing authority shall, within 40 days from the date of application, either approve the application and issue the license or deny the application and notify the applicant of the reason for such denial in writing."

Full text here: http://www.comm2a.com/news/17-news/121-everett

GOAL hitting them on the hill, Comm2A hitting them in the courts. This makes me happy.

Yeh.... No such luck across the river here in effin NB...... Congrats!

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Forum Runner

Just in case anyone missed this:

Full text here: http://www.comm2a.com/news/17-news/121-everett

GOAL hitting them on the hill, Comm2A hitting them in the courts. This makes me happy.

Thanks for pointing out that this is a very complementary action when looked at as a whole. The two orgs can place a lot of pressure on the government in their own ways.

The way it is right now i should apply for my renewal a year in advance, and use the extra 365 days to invent and build a time machine so i can go back in time when they fail to get it done before it expires, and then start all over agen.

I have heard that some PDs don't accept renewal applications greater than 30 days prior to expiration of license, which totally blows my mind!

I plan on applying 6 months out if I can, but don't have to worry about that for little while.

Reminds me of a certain chain of events culminated on Tuesday...

Someone pointed out that this probably too subtle for people who don't follow this stuff as obsessively as I do.

In May 2011, a shall issue bill was narrowly defeated in the Illinois House of Representatives. The next day, SAF's Moore v Madigan and ISRA/NRA's Sheppard v Madigan lawsuits were filed. The 7th circuit court of appeals released its decision in these cases on Tuesday, striking down the current carry ban as unconstitutional. The decision will take effect in 180 days. If the legislature doesn't pass a carry bill, IL will go unrestricted carry. The pro-gun forces are in a much better negotiating position in the legislature now, since a delay means we win automatically.

Combining the carrot of lobbying and stick of litigation is the best way to advance our rights. That's why it's critical to support both GOAL and Comm2A here in MA.

I have heard that some PDs don't accept renewal applications greater than 30 days prior to expiration of license, which totally blows my mind!

I plan on applying 6 months out if I can, but don't have to worry about that for little while.

Ya I was being a bit sarcastic about the time frame but getting it in as soon as possible seems to be best.

I Realy hope this makes it, more so for the fact that just because you license is out of date should not make you a criminal to what is your your right to own a gun.

Sooo, if I had a question about my current renewal, would it make more sense to email GOAL or Comm2A? Not a beef, yet, just looking for clarification on what the lady at the PD just told me.

Back
Top Bottom