GOAL Files Amicus Brief on Retailer Court Action

GOAL

NES Member
GOAL Files Amicus Brief on Retailer Court Action

Today Gun Owners’ Action League (GOAL) joined by the National Rifle Association (NRA) has filed an Amicus Brief. The brief is in support of the federal court action taken against the Baker Administration for the closure of firearm retailers in Massachusetts.

Since the beginning of the COVID-19 crisis, the Baker Administration has systematically shut down critical parts of the Second Amendment in the Commonwealth. The mandated closure of firearm retailers is just one piece. From the very beginning GOAL attempted to work with the State to make things work following the COVID-19 protocols. Sadly, we were rejected.

“Governor Baker mandated that the retailers close, most of them family owned small businesses,” said Jim Wallace Executive Director of GOAL. “Then he purposely excluded them from being eligible to apply for state emergency business loans. The Governor followed that up with removing shooting ranges from the “essential” list. Through the State Police, he ceased firearm safety training which is mandatory in this state. This is simply an outright systemic attack on our civil rights during a state of emergency. These actions are reminiscent of the unconstitutional government actions that took place during Katrina in 2005.”

GOAL would like to thank our supporters for their generosity that is allowing us to continue to defend our civil rights. This is especially important during times of national crisis when the enemies of freedom will take advantage of it to further their agenda. We would also like to thank all of 2A organizations working together here in the Commonwealth and across the country with a special tip of the hat to Comm2A.

View the brief here: https://goal.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Amicus-Final-1.pdf

Governor Baker has a long history of hostility to the 2A. Remember the no-fly list? Initially supporting Maura Healey's 2016 directive? And now this. We might as well have Shannon Watts as governor. 🤮

Governor Baker has a long history of hostility to the 2A. Remember the no-fly list? Initially supporting Maura Healey's 2016 directive? And now this. We might as well have Shannon Watts as governor. 🤮

In this case Faker is a pawn. This is DeLeo's work, he's pulling the strings.

I’ve never voted for Faker - if any of you have in the past, you were tricked - it’s not on you. If you voted for him the last time you tied the blindfold on yourself and pulled the lever - but it’s okay.

NEVER VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN, vote against him - I don’t care if Maura & Shannon are running for Gov & Lt Gov.

Deleo runs the state. The speaker is the most powerful position in the state. I don't like it but that's just how it is. The governor sits around the third and probably equal to the Ag.

I did vote for tall Deval the first time, even got invited to the inaugural, the second time I left it blank. I called his office, told them my voting for him and the invite, then said it was one of the biggest mistakes in my life. And said he was such a disappointment as a Republican.

I’ve never voted for Faker - if any of you have in the past, you were tricked - it’s not on you. If you voted for him the last time you tied the blindfold on yourself and pulled the lever - but it’s okay.

NEVER VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN, vote against him - I don’t care if Maura & Shannon are running for Gov & Lt Gov.

But we have to vote for him .
He has an R after his name.
A D would go after our 2A rights.
[puke]

I did vote for tall Deval the first time, even got invited to the inaugural, the second time I left it blank. I called his office, told them my voting for him and the invite, then said it was one of the biggest mistakes in my life. And said he was such a disappointment as a Republican.
Every so called Republican that gets shoved in front of us for a Govenor is a f***ing clusterf*** of a disappointment.

Shithead Faker has proven himself WORSE than the Democrats before him.

What we need is for the MA Republican party to stop nominating Assheads for the sake of being moderate and electable and put a real Republican on the ballot. Id rather lose with a Real Republican than vote in a fxcking RINO. Let the Dems ruin this stateso real Republican can get a chance. Not all this fake shit.
This state is a political a**h***., and the state Republican party is just as much to blame for nominating RINO a**h***s, and putting them on the ballot. Im fxcking tired of these games. We are played for suckers everytime. Idiots.

Let the Dems burn it down. Thats the only way this state will ever start over and change.

Last edited:
Not to sound like a parrot.
But we all need to remember that the so called "Pro 2A " republicans in this state, you know the ones that will be at your local clubs and ranges shaking hands and sucking around for votes (Assuming we ever get them reopened) have been completely MIA through all this .
Not a f*cking peep.
Not a single damn word.
If you don't remember it and tell them to go pound sand then you deserve anything that comes our way.

Back
Top Bottom