GOAL Files Action in Federal Court Against 3 Cities

GOAL

NES Member
On Tuesday October 27, 2020 Gun Owners’ Action League (GOAL) filed a civil rights action against the cities of Cambridge, Stoughton, and Weymouth. These three cities are among those using COVID as an excuse to stifle our Second Amendment civil rights.

Since the COVID crisis began in earnest back in March, some cities and towns immediately shut down the processing of firearm licenses. Even when the state began to “re-open”, these municipalities refused to follow the law. The law is clear that licenses be processed in forty days. Since the beginning, GOAL has been working with the state to get these local authorities in compliance. An earlier case against the city of Lowell was dismissed without a hearing because the city began processing applications once they were served notice of the court action.

“During this COVID era when folks need to be cautious, we are able to get our favorite coffee, burger, and pizza, but these local authorities can’t figure out how to safely fingerprint people,” said Jim Wallace, Executive Director of GOAL. “It is bad enough that we have to get permission from our state government to exercise our civil rights, but now they are telling us the system can’t work during a health crisis when citizens may need it the most.”

GOAL is hopeful the case will prevail. It has been assigned to federal judge Woodlock. This is the same judge that ruled against Governor Baker for closing firearm retailers and shooting ranges. GOAL supported that case when it was filed by the Second Amendment Foundation and Comm2A.

Even during this health crisis, GOAL continues to work hard to preserve, protect, and restore our Second Amendment civil rights.

COMPLAINT against All Defendants.pdf

Excellent.

My wife and I just filed our renewal paperwork today. Went online last week, filled out the forms, then called and made an appointment. Showed up today, signed paperwork that was ready for us, provided ID and paid, (30$ for a five year renewal). We were told that we should expect our new permits to arrive within 10 to 12 days.

If we can do that here - there's no reason it can't be done elsewhere.

Everyone should focus their unhappiness with the mayors and cop.

As Marxine Waters said, GET IN THIER FACES.

I know it won't work, because shitty DPRMA groupthink, anti liberty gene overexpression, and general sopping wet kntz

I don't know about the other two towns, but the LO in Weymouth is a nice guy, just can't chew gum and walk at the same time. If he is processing some one and gets a phone call, he pretty much has to start from the beginning.

I don't know about the other two towns, but the LO in Weymouth is a nice guy, just can't chew gum and walk at the same time. If he is processing some one and gets a phone call, he pretty much has to start from the beginning.
Yeah, too bad the Issuing Officers couldn't be a little more Pro-Public Relations. They're Gun Permits, not Licenses to Kill...

1604018272043.png
On second thought...

Stoughton's not exactly batting .500

Hingham requires an interview for new LTCs and renewals. They set up an online system for reservations and set a couple of dozen times a month where they’ll sit with an applicant. Once the month is booked you need to wait until the following month.

They had been releasing appointments sporadically and they just changed to a system that releases all of them on the 1st. Hit refresh at midnight and grabbed one. By 12:30 all but maybe 6 or so were taken. This morning there were 0 available. They're telling people not to call them about it on The website.

I’m doing mine early but I’m guessing lots of people are going to get shut out by this, especially the older crowd.

Maybe if the licensing officer loses his job for not following the laws they are supposed to uphold things would change.
Do you really think that the LO makes up the rules for the PD? They just follow the rules that the chief lays down.

Back
Top Bottom