GOAL Donates $50K To NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund

You missed by a little bit.

"Here are some really good lawyers", said the NRA. "We'll pay them $500K while you ramp up your fundraising. After that, give what you can."
"Thanks" said GOAL. "Our members came through, so here's $50K".

The NRA has helped GOAL with funding and many programs over the last ten years. This wasn't a poor decision.

Sadly, I can't say the same about your decision to stop funding the fight. That's OK. Hopefully you'll reap the benefits of others' efforts.

Thanks for the explanation - There's a lot of benefits I won't be reaping due to the decision of governments.

The red flag laws that already claimed a life came from the NRA as well as the bump stock ban that put's all of our guns at risk. Defend them if you wish but realize they have videos directly advocating for those laws and remember when fpc and goa sued the atf the nra announced their new cooler.

Nope. The Red Flag laws were cooked up by a Bloomberg funded think tank out of Seattle. I've followed it since day one and wrote an editorial warning about it almost two years ago when I first caught wind of it.

Why did the NRA advocate for red flag laws on video? To be honest I hope I'm way off base because as I said I'm a life member and also a member of other 2A groups. I have donated 1000's of dollars at this point (most of which to the NRA) but some of thier actions lately have me holding my $$ and support a little tighter.

Jim, and the BOD of GOAL are "da man". Thank you!.

My only question is why I am now reading these legal supportive actions here?

I read this board daily, the GOAL newsletter and NRA Freedom magazine monthly, and this is the first time I am reading about the NRA's contribution to the AG lawsuit.
Maybe I've had my brain in the sand, and perhaps I missed something.

However, it appears to be a PR issue for both GOAL and the NRA about political / legal support.

Jim, and the BOD of GOAL are "da man". Thank you!.

My only question is why I am now reading these legal supportive actions here?

I read this board daily, the GOAL newsletter and NRA Freedom magazine monthly, and this is the first time I am reading about the NRA's contribution to the AG lawsuit.
Maybe I've had my brain in the sand, and perhaps I missed something.

However, it appears to be a PR issue for both GOAL and the NRA about political / legal support.

No it wasn't you, no announcement, rumors, nothing. Only posts you see on here are GOAL doesn't have the money to do that or this, then "BAM we gave the NRA $50k". Its like they don't know their audience.

No it wasn't you, no announcement, rumors, nothing. Only posts you see on here are GOAL doesn't have the money to do that or this, then "BAM we gave the NRA $50k". Its like they don't know their audience.

It was in the original press release, and noted a bunch of other times/places.
It was discussed at the last two GOAL Annual meetings, and every GOAL BoD meeting (these are open to members).
There's a thread here: Worman v. Baker - AWB Challenge.
There are a number of articles that include mention of the NRA's support of this lawsuit.
I just googled it and this was the first hit that came up: NRA-ILA | Why Judges Matter
Obviously, the information is out there.

We raised money specifically for the fight against the unconstitutional modern sporting rifle ban, and that's where it went.

I hope this will cause the NRA Nominating Committee to consider allowing Jim to win a board election. The nominating committee tells members how to vote and enough obey that a run without nominating committee endorsement is virtually always a losing proposition.

Last edited:
OK Folks, I'll spell this out for you. The lawsuit that GOAL has challenging the unconstitutional actions of the AG has been very expensive. So far, the NRA has paid the whole bill. Read that again - They paid for the whole f***ing thing.

Thank you for posting this.

I have always felt abandoned by the NRA and have been anti-NRA for that reason. I’m glad I was wrong.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom