GOAL Donates $50K To NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund

Mike S

NES Member
From GOAL:

GOAL Donates $50K to NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund.

Thanks to the dedication and generosity of GOAL members, our Executive Director Jim Wallace was able to attend the recent NRA Board and Committee meetings in Virginia. While Jim was there, he had the pleasure of attending the NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund Committee meeting and presenting them with a check for $50,000. The donation was earmarked for use in Second Amendment litigation cases originating from Massachusetts such as our case against Attorney General Maura Healey.

Jim is pictured here with Jim Porter, Chairman of the Committee and past president of the NRA.

If you would like to help GOAL stay in the fight, please consider making a donation!

DwZgM-VXcAAmsgW.jpg:large

I have all the respect in the world for Jim , but that money might have been better spent with SAF.
The NRA as of late have been putting tire marks all over our backs.
Wait till we get a national EPRO law passed and your cousin's collage room mates brothers, aunt twice removed can file a false report against you with no evidence or repercussions because she thought the tie you wore at the Christmas party sucked.
Just remember when the goon squad shows up at your door, Wayne was all for this shit.

I have all the respect in the world for Jim , but that money might have been better spent with SAF.
The NRA as of late have been putting tire marks all over our backs.
Wait till we get a national EPRO law passed and your cousin's collage room mates brothers, aunt twice removed can file a false report against you with no evidence or repercussions because she thought the tie you wore at the Christmas party sucked.
Just remember when the goon squad shows up at your door, Wayne was all for this shit.

NRA gave GOAL the use of their lawyers for the Healey Lawsuit, so while I respect the point, I think this may be a bit of a thank you.

I for one am glad NRA stepped up more locally, though I wish we didnt have to take their help. I also wish the NRA would pull their heads out of their asses.

From GOAL:

GOAL Donates $50K to NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund.

Thanks to the dedication and generosity of GOAL members, our Executive Director Jim Wallace was able to attend the recent NRA Board and Committee meetings in Virginia. While Jim was there, he had the pleasure of attending the NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund Committee meeting and presenting them with a check for $50,000. The donation was earmarked for use in Second Amendment litigation cases originating from Massachusetts such as our case against Attorney General Maura Healey.

Jim is pictured here with Jim Porter, Chairman of the Committee and past president of the NRA.

If you would like to help GOAL stay in the fight, please consider making a donation!

DwZgM-VXcAAmsgW.jpg:large
Did you at least get a hat out of this butt-boy move, James?

I'm not happy with this as a GOAL member. The NRA has not really helped this state in a significant fashion and I think assisting the SAF or Comm2A would have been a better allocation of the funds.

The funds are allocated to SAF/Comm2A cases as well. It's dedicated to supporting 2A litigation in MA.

What a wasted use of our local dollars.

See above

BTW, the GOAL legal team is presenting oral argument supporting their appeal of Judge Young's decision in federal court tomorrow morning. I'll update if there's anything to share.

Last edited:
wrong way around NRA should be donating to Goal and 2a not ever the other way

What a wasted use of our local dollars.

Seems like the money is going in the wrong direction.

I'm not happy with this as a GOAL member. The NRA has not really helped this state in a significant fashion and I think assisting the SAF or Comm2A would have been a better allocation of the funds.

Goal has enough free cash to donate $50k to the NRA? Seems like it should be the other way around.

wrong way around NRA should be donating to Goal and 2a not ever the other way

OK Folks, I'll spell this out for you. The lawsuit that GOAL has challenging the unconstitutional actions of the AG has been very expensive. So far, the NRA has paid the whole bill. Read that again - They paid for the whole f***ing thing.

The understanding all along was that at some point, GOAL would kick in when we were able to raise some money. Well as you know, we've been hard at work (successfully) raising money for this lawsuit (thanks everyone for buying raffle tickets, etc).

There's no way GOAL can pay for the whole thing, so we've contributed what we could based on what we've raised. We try to be transparent from a financial standpoint with our members, so we've disclosed that the contribution was $50K. This amount was approved at a board meeting, in public. Keep in mind that this is a fraction of what the lawsuit has cost so far, and GOAL made this contribution to show we have skin in the game, and to keep the money flowing from the NRA.

Those of you that think we should have given the money to some other organization to start a new fight against the AG are well meaning but misguided. It would be irresponsible to bring a bunch of other organizations into the fight willy-nilly.

We raised this money specifically to fight the AG, and that is where the money is going. Make no mistake about it, the NRA has stepped up BIG TIME to help us in this fight. We've been able to retain a kick-ass law firm that would never have given a state organization the time of day courtesy of the NRA, and the NRA has f-ing paid the bill. Say what you want about the NRA and what they've done for MA, but this time they've really delivered.

This money was earmarked for the fight all along. Those of you that donated to fight the AG did the right thing, and we're putting the money where it will do the most good. We're making good on the promise to contribute to our own fight.

Did you at least get a hat out of this butt-boy move, James?
I find this to be very disrespectful, and I think you should apologize. I understand that you made this comment without knowing all the facts. What do you say?

Last edited:
We raised this money specifically to fight Healey, and that is where the money is going. Make no mistake about it, the NRA has stepped up BIG TIME to help us in this fight. We've been able to retain a kick-ass law firm that would never have given a state organization the time of day courtesy of the NRA, and the NRA has f-ing paid the bill. Say what you want about the NRA and what they've done for MA, but this time they've really delivered.

Thanks for taking the time to write that whole response out.

With GOAL not being a very large organization those only following sound bites don't get "it". This can also be read as "low informed responses". This is unfortunate among gun owners in a state that hates the Bill of Rights.

And again we eat our own. Reminds me of the Scottish infighting of old. I will say this. How much money does the NRA have vs goal? How many lawyers? What has the NRA done for the states behind the wall? Why was the NRA for the bump stock ban? I don't know, so I am asking. Working together, and fighting all this BS is how we have a chance. The cards are already stacked against, no need to stack on more shit. Carry on.

Isn’t the point of the NRA to jump into these things at the local level and spread some of their massive national budget around? Do they always expect local gun owner orgs to pay them back (whatever they can)?

Isn’t the point of the NRA to jump into these things at the local level and spread some of their massive national budget around? Do they always expect local gun owner orgs to pay them back (whatever they can)?

Did you even bother to read Eddie Coyle's post above?

Did I misunderstand your post? Were you supporting the NRA and GOAL's relationship?

Last edited:
We all know the NRA has been, lets say "quiet" in MA. But as EC pointed out they have been footing the bill on a major case that will likely go to SCOTUS. The 50K is NOT going to come close to covering this, it is just GOAL making good on their promise to contribute to a case that is very important to MA. Given the size of the commitment I wouldn't blame the NRA if requiring local money in the case was part of the deal for them to get involved, their needs to be some local skin in the game.

And the money was earmarked for legal action in MA!!

The funds are allocated to SAF/Comm2A cases as well. It's dedicated to supporting 2A litigation in MA.
See above

BTW, the GOAL legal team is presenting oral argument supporting their appeal of Judge Young's decision in federal court tomorrow morning. I'll update if there's anything to share.
I applaud GOAL for making this gesture. To their credit, the NRA has kept a low public profile in Massachusetts. However, they have been an outstanding partner for both Comm2A and GOAL. NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund is a very worthy organization and provides us with significant leverage. Also, that they've been so willing to partner with us is a huge vote of confidence in the two organizations that are doing the most to protect your Second Amendment rights in Massachusetts.

Thanks for the lengthy explantation Eddie....
I just renewed my MRA membership this year and now feel a whole lot better about it.

Keep up the good fight.

The sad truth about this whole discussion is this:

Too many people expect the NRA (Wayne LaPierre, or better yet Charlton Heston resurrected as Moses) to walk up to Beacon Hill, stamp their foot or their sacred staff and thunder out "LET MY PEOPLE'S GUNS GO!" and that this will do the trick.

The only way to change what is going on is for the PEOPLE to elect enough LEGISLATORS who will get rid of our restrictive gun laws.

No outside organization, not even GOAL as much good as they try to do, can replace this simple solution.

So with all those facts:

Sending off funds again to GOAL, Comm2A, NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund

Sometimes secrecy works against the common purposes.

Back
Top Bottom