• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOAL complaints about illegal licensing requirements

Shane

Banned
I recall GOAL was asking for people to send in documentation that their local PD was asking for unnecessary (according to MGL) requirements for the issuance of FIDs and LTCs.

Can anybody tell me if there was any progress made in this regard? I'm not holding my breath.

[frown]

I recall GOAL was asking for people to send in documentation that their local PD was asking for unnecessary (according to MGL) requirements for the issuance of FIDs and LTCs.

Can anybody tell me if there was any progress made in this regard? I'm not holding my breath.

[frown]

GOAL's list of "reasons for issuance" almost certainly played a part in the new menu of MCOPA and GCAB approved restrictions issued exactly one week ago. CHSB will now be using that concise, consistent list.

As for the abusive towns, such info is best used at the legislative hearings and also for advising people who call when considering what towns to move into. Brookline's demand for "range tests" in violation of the safety course statute is one example; that is already in court.

News as it happens. [wink]

I was asked to provide an electric bill or eqiv. and told if I needed ALP to write a letter to the chief stating such. Amongst other things that these asshats tell you they need. All just to renew my LTC.
This was in New Bedford.

I needed two letters of reference for an FID! [sad2]

Looks like I'll need OJ Simpson's defense team if I ever want an LTC-A. [grin]

I'm going to apply for LTC-B in the next couple years. [hmmm]

I am sure they are. Anything they do in court can eventually be used to help others in this state, at least thats what my limited understanding of the court system tells me.
Or, alternatively, the precedent set can be used against other gun owners. This sword has two edges.

It's very possible that GOAL's stack of complaints is what lead to Kerry saying that the issuing should be a state thing and not left up to the chiefs. ???

I needed two letters of reference for an FID! [sad2]

Looks like I'll need OJ Simpson's defense team if I ever want an LTC-A. [grin]

I'm going to apply for LTC-B in the next couple years. [hmmm]

IANAL, but that's blatent disregard for the Mass General Laws...

(3) The licensing authority may not prescribe any other condition for the issuance of a firearm identification card and shall, within 40 days from the date of application, either approve the application and issue the license or deny the application and notify the applicant of the reason for such denial in writing; provided, however, that no such card shall be issued unless the colonel has certified, in writing, that the information available to him does not indicate that the possession of a rifle or shotgun by the applicant would be in violation of state or federal law.

http://www.mass.gov/legis/laws/mgl/140-129b.htm

Login . . . and who's going to punish them for illegal activity? [rolleyes]

The judges don't care, the chiefs and mayors don't care. Nothing is done against the abusers.

Login . . . and who's going to punish them for illegal activity? [rolleyes]

The judges don't care, the chiefs and mayors don't care. Nothing is done against the abusers.

I'm shocked/appalled, but not the least bit surprised.

If that's the manner in which a CLEO handles simple "shall issue" FIDs, I can only imagine how difficult it is obtaining an LTC .

Not too worry though... when Deval and Martha take charge of things, they'll clear up all this nonsense. [rolleyes]

GOAL's list of "reasons for issuance" almost certainly played a part in the new menu of MCOPA and GCAB approved restrictions issued exactly one week ago. CHSB will now be using that concise, consistent list.

so you have the link to this... I'd like some light reading for the day [wink]

Back
Top Bottom