• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

GOAL and the Outdoor Message - What the hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me repeat - we has two highly qualified members of NES run for the board last year and they lost. Clearly, this forum is NOT representative of the GOAL members in general. Please keep that in mind. What might work for you might not be ideal for most.

So you think because 2 people that YOU consider "highly qualified members of NES" lost and election to the BOD means that NES doesn't contain a pertinent amount of GOAL members?

I want to thank you for saving me $30 bucks cause i am assuming that you represent the GOAL BOD and I am done giving you money.

So. So far we've had 2 members of the BOD speaking as individuals and not as representatives of the BOD say that the matter is being looked into and will be discussed at the August meeting. Good. We're waiting and watching.

There is NOTHING unpatriotic about dissent. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Chris, I guess you missed this in the post directly above yours, allow me to quote it for you.

And for those who think because the process is slow that something must be wrong, you are making assumptions that are without merit.

The assumptions may or may not be accurate, but they do have merit. That you state they don't, doesn't make it so.

Let me repeat - we has two highly qualified members of NES run for the board last year and they lost. Clearly, this forum is NOT representative of the GOAL members in general. Please keep that in mind. What might work for you might not be ideal for most.

You may or may not have intended that come across in the pompous, offensive way it appears to have done...

Jump ahead to about 25 seconds.

Rich

I said August was our next meeting. And I said the report will be reviewed at a meeting before being released. Unless you have some advance copy of the agenda I don't see how you can expect an answer then. For the record, the August meeting was called as a special meeting. The Sept meeting would have been the next regular meeting. I'm not saying you will need to wait for Sept, I don't know. It depends on the agenda for the August meeting which has not been published yet.

Now put down the pitchforks and allow the process to work.

According to the minutes, the board never stated a timeframe. If an individual did, then they made an error. As with most things in this regard, responses come under old business at the next meeting. I'm sorry the process was not explained, but this is how the process works.

Ranting here will not make it go faster. Speculating on no facts will not create truth. I do not know the whole story. I don't think any member of the board does. In any event, the answers will come when the report is presented.

And for those who think because the process is slow that something must be wrong, you are making assumptions that are without merit.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread was started by Bob to get answers to questions he has about TOM. If Bob gets the answers to the questions he's asked he can start a new thread.

If anyone has concerns with GOAL they can show up to the next board meeting to voice their concerns.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom